Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

NOT acceptable fr0stbyt3!!! We want our updates YESTERDAY!

Take your time. Thank you for all the hard work you are doing to make our hobby easier! This is getting better every time!

One suggestion I have... is it possible to have the side menu lock onto the side of the main window when you click on something?

For example when you click on general settings the side menu shows over the window where you actually put your path in. You have to click on the main window to actually see what is in the field. It's not really an issue to have to click on the main window, but it is a bit annoying. I think having the menu lock to the side of the main window when you click on an option, or have the menu minimize after you click on an option might make it flow better. I hope I explained it ok. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOT acceptable fr0stbyt3!!! We want our updates YESTERDAY!
Take your time. Thank you for all the hard work you are doing to make our hobby easier! This is getting better every time!

One suggestion I have... is it possible to have the side menu lock onto the side of the main window when you click on something?
For example when you click on general settings the side menu shows over the window where you actually put your path in. You have to click on the main window to actually see what is in the field. It's not really an issue to have to click on the main window, but it is a bit annoying. I think having the menu lock to the side of the main window when you click on an option, or have the menu minimize after you click on an option might make it flow better. I hope I explained it ok. 

Can you draw me a picture? I'm missing something.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Here is a quick peek at a some of the changes coming to .32. Let's see if you can spot them...

32.PNG

The super secret thing looks like becoming the next hyperhq, isnˋt it?

Canˋt wait for the reveal

BTW I have problems with logging in into emumovies... takes hours and nothing happends

7 hours ago, ChrisKant said:

The super secret thing looks like becoming the next hyperhq, isnˋt it?

Canˋt wait for the reveal

BTW I have problems with logging in into emumovies... takes hours and nothing happends

I suppose I never made an official announcement about that. I guess now is as good a time as any. HBL will become the official configuration and sync tool for the next version of Hyperspin. So you're correct. you're looking at hyperHQ ;) (I don't think I'll be rebranding to that name, though).

If you're having emumovies issues, send in a bug report and I'll look at that tonight.

2 minutes ago, ChrisKant said:

interesting step to follow LaunchBox... good step. can't wait for the next version of Hyperspin so far

HAHAHAHAHA. That's certainly one way to look at it. It's really an evolution of hypersync. It was created because the art and metadata process was tedious. I'm just looking at the whole process, rather than just one or two. 

also very interesting is the evolution of hypersync itself in this new "live" version with cutting out the database thing... I think it is a good way as along as there could still be that database thing in any way. it is interesting for me to see if I already have a full set or not :-)

there are so many possibilities with breaking the old walls down to making a new great frond and back end... can't wait and being hyped now

3 minutes ago, ChrisKant said:

also very interesting is the evolution of hypersync itself in this new "live" version with cutting out the database thing... I think it is a good way as along as there could still be that database thing in any way. it is interesting for me to see if I already have a full set or not :-)

I'll post more info on how all of this works once it's finalized. But not needing a bunch of XML files all over the place is going to make everyone's life better.

2 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

I'll post more info on how all of this works once it's finalized. But not needing a bunch of XML files all over the place is going to make everyone's life better.

Progress is always good but I really like that fact that the current databases are curated to high standards to help get romsets in good order. I get that people curate their own romsets. Hopefully that curated database feature is still going to work.

2 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Progress is always good but I really like that fact that the current databases are curated to high standards to help get romsets in good order. I get that people curate their own romsets. Hopefully that curated database feature is still going to work.

The HBL api has a database that will be curated by all the usual suspects. Same people. Same data. 

You're not going to be losing a feature, but rather, gaining a pretty front end for it. If you really want to make your own rom set, do it! We're going to support that fully inside HBL.

@fr0stbyt3, HBL is working the way i was proposing IF you have it maximized. if it is minimized the menu goes over the main window.

General settings windowed/minimized

Capture3.PNG

View all windowed/minimized

Capture2.PNG

General settings maximized

Capture4.PNG

Im also getting the java error all the time now. I used to be able to just close it, and reopen HBL and it would go away, but not it keeps popping up. HBL is launching after i cancel the error though.

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, maabus said:

@fr0stbyt3, HBL is working the way i was proposing IF you have it maximized. if it is minimized the menu goes over the main window.

General settings windowed/minimized

Capture3.PNG

View all windowed/minimized

Capture2.PNG

General settings maximized

Capture4.PNG

Im also getting the java error all the time now. I used to be able to just close it, and reopen HBL and it would go away, but not it keeps popping up. HBL is launching after i cancel the error though.

Capture.PNG

So to the first part. That is because you're below the minimum resolution. I would lower that number a little to support smaller screens. The second issue is saying a port I need is in use. Make sure you close hbl before you open another instance. If that doesn't work. Restart.

What screen resolution are you using?

19 minutes ago, maabus said:

ok sounds good.

I'm using a 45" tv as my monitor and the pc is connected through the VGA port on the tv. LOL I never thought I'd hear the day that 1920 was too low of a resolution. :blum1:

You must have scaling cranked or something. But you're correct. I should allow for normal users. Minimum res is now 560px width.

Sorry i've been so quiet. Rebuilt my pc that last few days. Working on getting the next update out shortly.

For logistical reasons, we'll be rolling out emulator and launcher support as we complete each system. So expect multiple updates along the way. That means some of the features will actually be disabled in the UI for now. This way I can get you the latest and continue testing other features.

Until then.. here is a few pics of what i've been up to.

DSC06127.jpg

DSC06128.jpg

DSC06131.jpg

DSC06138.jpg

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06159.jpg

2 hours ago, shitoken said:

Should I remove Hypersync and use Hyperbase or ?

Please continue to you HyperSync as HyperBase is still in beta. You can of course help beta test HBL but do not use it on your current Hyperspin install, create a test set up.

8 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Sorry i've been so quiet. Rebuilt my pc that last few days. Working on getting the next update out shortly.

For logistical reasons, we'll be rolling out emulator and launcher support as we complete each system. So expect multiple updates along the way. That means some of the features will actually be disabled in the UI for now. This way I can get you the latest and continue testing other features.

DSC06127.jpg

DSC06128.jpg

DSC06131.jpg

DSC06138.jpg

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06159.jpg

That is one hell of a computer you have there. Does it play rave tunes on boot up ?

8 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

DSC06159.jpg

What's the name of this beast and of course since it's 2017 you gotta have those RGB's. 

• Avar locked this topic

Archived