Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does the match rom to mean? I set up nes and i have the happily ever after rom that was released a few months ago. Im guessing its not in your database, bit what do you do in the match rom to field. I had a few other roms that werent matched either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, maabus said:
What does the match rom to mean? I set up nes and i have the happily ever after rom that was released a few months ago. Im guessing its not in your database, bit what do you do in the match rom to field. I had a few other roms that werent matched either.

Type the name of the ROM in the box that you'd like to match to. After two characters I'll search our API database and tell you if we have it. If you cannot find your ROM, just click save. It can stay unmatched for now.

edit: should I change the wording in the box to something else?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, maabus said:

Maybe have something explaining what to do... like "type name of rom to see matches in database"

In the box next to the unmatched Rom you just start typing and a list should populate. You then would choose the correct ROM if it shows up.

But as you have said the database may be out of date because I had the same issue with two consoles I set up. I believe fr0stbyt3 is aware of this.

In the box next to the unmatched Rom you just start typing and a list should populate. You then would choose the correct ROM if it shows up.
But as you have said the database may be out of date because I had the same issue with two consoles I set up. I believe fr0stbyt3 is aware of this.

Can you get me a short list of systems that need updated?

The database should be up to date with very few exceptions (I think)

my sync all button is not doing anything, in both all consoles, and using it under the wrench in a specific console. The icon doesn't move, and i do not see any progress. I've let it sit, and i did not get any images for my NES collection.

11 minutes ago, maabus said:

my sync all button is not doing anything, in both all consoles, and using it under the wrench in a specific console. The icon doesn't move, and i do not see any progress. I've let it sit, and i did not get any images for my NES collection.

In Sync settings, you have options selected?

I think I see what the issue is. If I can reproduce, i'll have a build tonight.

Ignore me... i'm an idiot!

I know I set up the settings, but I think i forgot to hit save. It is working correctly.

You might want to check your NES database. I am showing Ms. pac-man (usa), Ms. pac-man (USA) (Unl), and Sgt. Helmet - Training DAy (Europe) (Unl) as unmatched.

I'm pretty sure i have the latest available database, and they show up matched in Rocket Launcher. When i start typing Ms. in the match rom field nothing shows up. Hopefully i'm not reporting a false issue again! :blum1:

Is there any way to put in some sort of description of what the artwork folders are for? For example when i went to sync the cart images, it gives the 4 artwork folders to choose from. I'm not sure which folder i should be using so i chose artwork 1. Are the folders a default setup, or do they change based on whatever theme you are using? Like Bill's theme uses artwork 1 for carts, but Ted's theme uses artwork 2 for carts? This was one thing i was not really clear on with Hyperspin.

16 minutes ago, maabus said:

You might want to check your NES database. I am showing Ms. pac-man (usa), Ms. pac-man (USA) (Unl), and Sgt. Helmet - Training DAy (Europe) (Unl) as unmatched.

I'm pretty sure i have the latest available database, and they show up matched in Rocket Launcher. When i start typing Ms. in the match rom field nothing shows up. Hopefully i'm not reporting a false issue again! :blum1:

Is there any way to put in some sort of description of what the artwork folders are for? For example when i went to sync the cart images, it gives the 4 artwork folders to choose from. I'm not sure which folder i should be using so i chose artwork 1. Are the folders a default setup, or do they change based on whatever theme you are using? Like Bill's theme uses artwork 1 for carts, but Ted's theme uses artwork 2 for carts? This was one thing i was not really clear on with Hyperspin.

I'll check the database shortly. I think I might need @jhabers to prep a few updates for me. 

As far as the artwork folders and their uses, I'll see if @gigapig can get me some suggested text for what I should say about each folder.

Quick update:

@sandman7793 has confirmed that the above security concern is fixed. The issue turned out to be with trend micro's database. If anyone else comes across an issue, let me know.

Here is what I am working on now

• Status indicators on the ROM matching screen. This will hopefully help users the first few times they use this screen
  • Misc text updates.
  • Tooltips on matching screen
  • Instructions on the ROM matching screen
  • Adding in "suggest a ROM" feature. If your ROM is not found, you can send it to us as a suggestion.
  • API additions to support new features.
  • Speed improvements
  • Testing the idea of status updates ("Processing ROM [filename].[ext]") on the ROM matching screen.

Quick update:
@sandman7793 has confirmed that the above security concern is fixed. The issue turned out to be with trend micro's database. If anyone else comes across an issue, let me know.

Here is what I am working on now
  • Status indicators on the ROM matching screen. This will hopefully help users the first few times they use this screen
  • Misc text updates.
  • Tooltips on matching screen
  • Instructions on the ROM matching screen
  • Adding in "suggest a ROM" feature. If your ROM is not found, you can send it to us as a suggestion.
  • API additions to support new features.
  • Speed improvements
  • Testing the idea of status updates ("Processing ROM [filename].[ext]") on the ROM matching screen.

Thanks for staying on top of things. Keep up the awesome work!

Hi Frosty,

I am having a few difficulties with HBL. I know it's all a WIP so I just wanted to get up to the latest version. Long story short, the most I can really do is login. Right now I have 0.0.31 and it just sits saying checking for updates but never actually updates, I notice that you have some new builds since then so if you could provide me with a link to your latest build I will download and do a fresh install. I also can't log in to emumovies although my password has no special characters but that may be fixed in .34.

So after I get the latest build, if everything progresses to where it should be I will be good otherwise I can provide bug reports if my troubles persist. There's not much point detailing them right now since I'm not on the latest build. I do have another question though which I have been wondering about since the beginning (I only read about to page 27 before commenting). What happens if you have a romset that is split between locations? For example, the ps2 set isn't all on the same drive due to where I had space to put it at the time.

8 hours ago, Monyet said:

Hi Frosty,

I am having a few difficulties with HBL. I know it's all a WIP so I just wanted to get up to the latest version. Long story short, the most I can really do is login. Right now I have 0.0.31 and it just sits saying checking for updates but never actually updates, I notice that you have some new builds since then so if you could provide me with a link to your latest build I will download and do a fresh install. I also can't log in to emumovies although my password has no special characters but that may be fixed in .34.

So after I get the latest build, if everything progresses to where it should be I will be good otherwise I can provide bug reports if my troubles persist. There's not much point detailing them right now since I'm not on the latest build. I do have another question though which I have been wondering about since the beginning (I only read about to page 27 before commenting). What happens if you have a romset that is split between locations? For example, the ps2 set isn't all on the same drive due to where I had space to put it at the time.

Ok, so autoupdate does work. It just takes a few minutes. Just leave it there for a bit. I'll work on a better update screen in the future. Super secret tip, you can just copy the old link and change the version number to get the direct download.

Rom set in multiple locations. hmm... well as you can guess. I don't support that right now. Let me put some thought into that. 

Ok, so autoupdate does work. It just takes a few minutes. Just leave it there for a bit. I'll work on a better update screen in the future. Super secret tip, you can just copy the old link and change the version number to get the direct download.
Rom set in multiple locations. hmm... well as you can guess. I don't support that right now. Let me put some thought into that. 

I haven't ever tried this, but couldn't he put shortcuts to the files, or hyperlink some how?

11 minutes ago, sandman7793 said:

I haven't ever tried this, but couldn't he put shortcuts to the files, or hyperlink some how?

yeah, you can add symlinks as stated here https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

But that gets messed and is very much not portable.

I'll add support for this in HBL and make sure its covered in updates to hyperspin.

Build 0.0.35 is Complete

• New: Help dialog on ROM matching page.
  • New: Headers on ROM matching screen.
  • Fix: Error when searching for special characters on ROM matching screen.
  • Fix: Roms were listed out of order.
  • Fix: Fix for cart art display.
  • Updated: Matched and Unknown ROMs are now sorted alphabetically on Console details screen.

As always, launch the app to auto update

20 hours ago, Monyet said:

Hi Frosty,

ROM multi-location support is coming shortly. :)

Just noticed something else as well,when I synced the Sega Genesis it shows I have 3 of 1 game.But it only does it for the 1st game as shown in the picture.I double checked I only have one of 16t in my folder.

Can you delete Sega Genesis and add it again. See if you can reproduce.

Just tried with another console as well,it only does it on the Sega Genesis.

Hmm. I can't reproduce locally. I'll keep this in my notes though. If you get it to happen with another system let me know. You may want to delete and re add anyway to clear up the issue.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived