Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldhag270 said:

Just tried the new version out and still doing the same thing with Sega Genesis.Only for the 1st game 16t it shows that I have 3 of them,which I don't.All other features seem to be working fine.keep up the good work.

I have the same issue still except I only have two entries. I deleted the console and added it back. I did not try uninstalling hyperbase though.

Capture.PNG.645c01c3f51fd2914e2567b77b444b3c.PNG

I only have one copy of 16t

Capture.PNG.dc755a1eb82d687bb3aadb06339c4206.PNG

The previews are great! Thanks for adding them.

Edit: I completely deleted hyperbas from appdata, and reinstalled. Same issue.

2 hours ago, maabus said:

I have the same issue still except I only have two entries. I deleted the console and added it back. I did not try uninstalling hyperbase though.

I only have one copy of 16t

Capture.PNG.dc755a1eb82d687bb3aadb06339c4206.PNG

The previews are great! Thanks for adding them.

Edit: I completely deleted hyperbas from appdata, and reinstalled. Same issue.

PM sent!

Update 0.0.37 Complete!

• NEW: ROM matching learning features.
  • NEW: API updates. (sorry if you saw downtime)

Please update to this version as soon as possible. It'll help me finalize the code on the AI learning feature. The more manual matches you do in the ROM matching screen the better.

46 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Update 0.0.37 Complete!

• NEW: ROM matching learning features.
  • NEW: API updates. (sorry if you saw downtime)

Please update to this version as soon as possible. It'll help me finalize the code on the AI learning feature.

I will try and give it a shot tomorrow, seems there's been some big changes this week. :) 

3 minutes ago, maabus said:

what does the rom matching learning do?

We outlined this in detail a few months back.  Over time, as you make manual matches, the api database will recognize these and match them for you during auto-match.

As a heads up, I will be concentrating on the admin tool for about a week. We are at a point where all of the pieces are in place for the next big leap. We just need to have people adding the required data to the HBL API (I really need to come up with a better name for this).

Upcoming features (waiting on admin updates) include

• Emulators
  • Launchers
  • ROM Extended Metadata
  • Console Extended Metadata
  • Sexy ROM matching updates

and we're just getting warmed up. Plenty more fancy things are yet to be announced.

On 3/5/2017 at 6:57 AM, fr0stbyt3 said:

As a heads up, I will be concentrating on the admin tool for about a week. We are at a point where all of the pieces are in place for the next big leap. We just need to have people adding the required data to the HBL API (I really need to come up with a better name for this).

Upcoming features (waiting on admin updates) include

• Emulators
  • Launchers
  • ROM Extended Metadata
  • Console Extended Metadata
  • Sexy ROM matching updates

and we're just getting warmed up. Plenty more fancy things are yet to be announced.

This is shapeing up real nice im sorry i havent been around to test this out been very busy these days. I almost work every day now  i will try my best to test the latest build out for you thanks regards les =)

age care 2 days a week
juice factory 3 days a week
oddey centre 1 day

OK I just downloaded this and logged in no problem. I went back later and now it's telling me its wrong user name/password. How to I get this working again? I'm a platinum member here and a elite member at emumovies.

Thanks

2 hours ago, joe35car said:
OK I just downloaded this and logged in no problem. I went back later and now it's telling me its wrong user name/password. How to I get this working again? I'm a platinum member here and a elite member at emumovies.

Thanks

I was doing service layer updates today. Check to see if you're still having issues. Sorry for any interruption.

Edit: I actually broke the API service. Thanks for letting me know. Everyone should be back up and running now.

27 minutes ago, cvondra said:

Windows Defender doesn't like your app either. 

The first issue is that version of the app is extremely old. Please uninstall it and install the latest version.

32bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win32/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.37-ia32.exe

64bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win64/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.37.exe

This was an extremely early beta before the code was properly signed.

Update time.

We're cleaning getting close on the backend updates. Over 10k lines of code have been added to the backend. 3 new features and 4 in the works. Sorry again for the downtime while we're updating the API endpoints. It's all to bring you new and exciting things. 

On that note: We've now exceeded 2.5 million API requests in the last round of testing.  That is a huge milestone for a beta project. Thank you all for taking the time to work with use here. 

Hopefully next week I'll be back at it here. I'll be working on emulators and launchers when I get back. There are a bunch of features and fixes in the backlog. If you sent a bug report or suggested it here, we're keeping a list. 

That's all for now. Thanks gents :)

21 minutes ago, ChrisKant said:

I still don't like that I have no choice where I want to install that Application. I always have to search and copy paste it to another folder. I have all my hyper spin related apps in one folder unter Hyperspin.

I can fix this issue. But I'll have to rewrite the update engine and a few other parts to allow for it. The issue becomes permissions. So many users install apps in a spot where they do not have permissions to write files. This fixes that issue. 

That would also mean everyone will have to uninstall and reinstall the app once we make that switch. 

Does anyone else want to see this feature?

Edit: I made is sound super difficult. It's really not. I just want to make sure our fellow testers value selecting an install path over single click setup.

for example, I install such applications into c://hyperspin/tools

and there is a graphical bug when I hover the mouse of those sliders (cannot make a screen of the bug)

58caee60e58d0_Bildschirmfoto2017-03-16um20_57_44.png.aeaa175635a30ccc08102a2b4e59536d.png

the Hand ( mouse) looks like inverted

------

edit:

it would also be cool, when you add a new system that the already added systems are no longer choosable. for example I added Atari jaguar, next system should be Atari jaguar cd for me but I still have the chance to choose Atari jaguar

this would be very helpful

-------

edit2:

strange bug,

I added a few console... Atari and Commodore things

after I added the 10th or 11th system Commodore CDTV all previews added system are no longer available. they are no longer there. deleted or something like that

------

edit 3:

it would be cool to see which console I actually try to add

58caf9027c7b0_Bildschirmfoto2017-03-16um21_42_36.png.2d720353f2c2c6e98d4513827e58c4c2.png

after choosing a console there should be the info visible ... which console I try to add.

1 hour ago, ChrisKant said:

and there is a graphical bug when I hover the mouse of those sliders (cannot make a screen of the bug)

the Hand ( mouse) looks like inverted

Ahh yes, the framework I am using made that particular design decision. I'll clean it up in future builds.

It would be nice to choose where i install hyper base. I try to keep all utilities and programs on a specific drive, but if it is too much work it's not a deal breaker for me.

I also agree that once you chose the console it should say what you are doing. i have forgotten which system i was adding and by the time i got to the rom path i forgot, and had to start over.

1 hour ago, maabus said:

I also agree that once you chose the console it should say what you are doing. i have forgotten which system i was adding and by the time i got to the rom path i forgot, and had to start over.

Hah, that'll be in the next build :). When you select a console, it shows in the header.

selected console.PNG

Finally getting around to testing this out. A bit of feedback:

• Tried to add a folder for a system that had subdirectories - each subdirectory came up as an unmatched rom.
  • Could not find a clear way to "go back" after I encountered the situation above. Ultimately deleted the system and started over
  • Could not find a way to add/edit/delete rompaths after initial setup
  • After an initial rom match, it only shows the unknown roms. I'm thinking it would be easier to have a big list that shows all rom database (hyperlist) entries for that system, what roms matched to each entry, and which entries had no matches. Then allow the user to just manually match the ones that had no matches or correct any mismatches that were auto-matched. It appears to work the inverse way, where all of my roms are attempted to be matched to something in the list, which results in a lot of similar roms being mapped to the same entry it seems.
  • A table view with details would be nice to work with on the rom list view
  • During the sync process, its not obvious how to stop it. Maybe adding a stop button or changing the morphing icon in the upper right would help

Great work on this. I love the visual style and how easy you made it to initially setup systems. 

• Avar locked this topic

Archived