Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Gents, This is a really rough draft of what I have in mind for a ROM details page. I'll be adding a few more sections as well as a few menu options (Remove match, Delete ROM, Edit Metadata, Sync Metadata). The issue is that we need to dramatically update the database to support all of the data I want to show. So, the next version will probably enable this page. However, it may be a few weeks until the server side database is updated.

details.PNG

That looks bloody good, do we have operatives working on the DB's for that?

Just now, gigapig said:

That looks bloody good, do we have operatives working on the DB's for that?

The admin tool is available. But I don't know that @jhabers has started releasing it to people to work on. I think we're going to write some new mass import tools before we set it free. Would you be willing to 'kick the tires' on it soon?

1 minute ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

The admin tool is available. But I don't know that @jhabers has started releasing it to people to work on. I think we're going to write some new mass import tools before we set it free. Would you be willing to 'kick the tires' on it soon?

We can certainly work with the DB team on that side of things.

26 minutes ago, JoeC3109 said:

Another quick question; how does HBL know where to download the manuals, box backs, etc to? I imagine some people will want to use it for RL's pause feature, but this would require setting the path to RL. 

Great question. The answer is, I put it where I wanted it to go. :) In the future, save paths will be user configurable for each type. But that's a long way down the road.

Where does RL want them saved?

So I just took a quick look; it doesn't look like those paths are changeable in RL. At least in terms of being able to use the assets for the Pause feature. Of course we could always just cut and paste the material into those folders, so it is still very helpful.

1 minute ago, JoeC3109 said:

So I just took a quick look; it doesn't look like those paths are changeable in RL. At least in terms of being able to use the assets for the Pause feature. Of course we could always just cut and paste the material into those folders, so it is still very helpful.

I'd ask them if they can make that user configurable. I will of course be supporting RL in the future, but that seems like a pretty basic thing to have as a setting.

On 01/04/2017 at 10:04 PM, fr0stbyt3 said:

Great question. The answer is, I put it where I wanted it to go. :) In the future, save paths will be user configurable for each type. But that's a long way down the road.

Where does RL want them saved?

Other apps just ask where you have RL installed and then the media paths are always the same.

Example: F:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Media\Manuals

45 minutes ago, gigapig said:

Other apps just ask where you have RL installed and then the media paths are always the same.

Example: F:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Media\Manuals

I'll add this as a setting when I add support for RL. But it's still silly they haven't done the same thing.

Build 0.0.45 is complete!!!!

• NEW: ROM list view
  • NEW: ROM detail view
  • NEW: Hide unmatched ROMs
  • NEW: ROM view change menu
  • UPDATED: Rom matching system.
    • Fixed a bug where some emumovies types were not downloading
  • UPDATED: Added local database updates.
  • UPDATED: More UI tweaks.

EDIT:

WARNING: I forgot to set a default view!

So, after you update, it will appear as if you do not have any ROMs. Just select a view type from the menu and you're all set. :good:

2 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Build 0.0.45 is complete!!!!

• NEW: ROM list view
  • NEW: ROM detail view
  • NEW: Hide unmatched ROMs
  • NEW: ROM view change menu
  • UPDATED: Rom matching system.
    • Fixed a bug where some emumovies types were not downloading
  • UPDATED: Added local database updates.
  • UPDATED: More UI tweaks.

Amazing work! Can't wait for v1.0 :hi:

Just now, fr0stbyt3 said:

Once I complete emulator and launcher support, I think I might bump to 1.0

Are there any "must have" features we should look at before then?

I guess the most important is the Media Sync only for having ROMs that match Database and an easy way to select/unselect systems to sync.  The rest can be improved after v1.0. But all news before final version are welcome! 

So the "only sync media for the ROMs I have" feature was complete with a small issue. If we filter by name, that causes issues with Emumovies API. We are working on that for a later build. I have the code disabled at the moment. We're circling back to this shortly (After database updates).

4 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

So the "only sync media for the ROMs I have" feature was complete with a small issue. If we filter by name, that causes issues with Emumovies API. We are working on that for a later build. I have the code disabled at the moment. We're circling back to this shortly (After database updates).

I don't know if is implemented but if is not wouldn't be marvelous if HyperBase Live could sync Bezels too? 

• Avar locked this topic

Archived