fr0stbyt3

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

I haven't ran Hypersync in so long my artwork might be older than yours bahaha. Its due for an overhaul. I think I haven't updated stuff in at least a year. 

Ours is incomplete as well, please backup. Ours is not a usable set. Its just for testing at this point

Its all backed up. no worries. my homelab is running 51TB's of storage. 

• Upvote 2

How? Where this option?

Just click on mame from within HBL and set the assets you want to sync. By default all it set to not sync

• Upvote 1

Just click on mame from within HBL and set the assets you want to sync. By default all it set to not sync

I like to sync only game themes and game vídeos from MAME its possible? please take a shot from right configuration!

Example... Where i make these configs??

NTWCqb3.jpg

I like to sync only game themes and game vídeos from MAME its possible? please take a shot from right configuration!

Example... Where i make these configs??

You must first go to settings > emumovies and log in. Once this is done, the dropdown for video will appear in the mame settings window.

Man, i dont understand... Not have the option SYNC only one system (MAME) that option not exist!! Only button with exist itsSync All :-(

And wtf is that!?

l1Nhea1.jpg

Why happening this? Its a infinite loop.... Everytime i click in button Sync make's happen this!! I Using WIN7 64bit with all updates!

Man, i dont understand... Not have the option SYNC only one system (MAME) that option not exist!! Only button with exist itsSync All :-(

And wtf is that!?

Why happening this? Its a infinite loop.... Everytime i click in button Sync make's happen this!! I Using WIN7 64bit with all updates!

If you don't have any other system set up, it will only sync mame. It will literally start, see no settings, and move on. 

The process screen is ... running processes? Not sure what your question is here. But I am going to assume you want to know why there is more than one. The app runs on multiple threads. Much like chrome, these threads are run in multiple processes. 

Please keep in mine, this is a public beta. So I would ask you to relax a bit. 

edit:

I see a little further down you had an issue. What is in an infinite loop? The animation? Are you looking at the logs to see what its doing?

could there be a default all option in the dropdown options or did i just miss it? 

This is indeed on the list (originally requested by relic I believe). Right now it's looking like a feature that will be added toward beta 3 or so. 

• Upvote 1

Frosty, I've got some suggestions for selecting which systems are synced. As I understand it (correct me If I'm wrong) in order to not sync a system you have to set each dropdown in that system to don't sync. Using that method is pretty time consuming if you want to exclude more than 1 or 2 systems.

I think it would be better to have a checkbox inside each system menu that when checked would disable all the dropdowns (gray them out and not allow users to change values) and would exempt that system from being added to the sync queue. That way it's only one button to press and the user's preferred selections are preserved instead of having to select them all again. It may also be beneficial to have a checkbox on the main menu for each system that would do the exact same thing. That way you wouldn't have to enter each system, set the checkbox, and back out for each system, you could just scroll down the main menu checking the boxes.

I'm not sure how you're checking which systems to sync but using that main sync enabled/disabled would save you from having to check each field for a system if that main option is disabled, if that's what you're currently doing. Now you may call me a dummy if I misunderstood how the excluding systems from syncing works :thumbsup:

One idea! make one checkbox or a button with... "Sync only this system_XXXXXXXXXXX_". If possible, sure! Thanks anyway!

One idea! make one checkbox or a button with... "Sync only this system_XXXXXXXXXXX_". If possible, sure! Thanks anyway!

Funny enough, i'm working on single item sync right now. But very few people seemed to request it. It'll be in beta 2.

• Upvote 1

And wtf is that!?

l1Nhea1.jpg

This is a BETA, if you do not want to participate and provide constructive feedback please do not participate.

Frosty, I've got some suggestions for selecting which systems are synced. As I understand it (correct me If I'm wrong) in order to not sync a system you have to set each dropdown in that system to don't sync. Using that method is pretty time consuming if you want to exclude more than 1 or 2 systems.

I think it would be better to have a checkbox inside each system menu that when checked would disable all the dropdowns (gray them out and not allow users to change values) and would exempt that system from being added to the sync queue. That way it's only one button to press and the user's preferred selections are preserved instead of having to select them all again. It may also be beneficial to have a checkbox on the main menu for each system that would do the exact same thing. That way you wouldn't have to enter each system, set the checkbox, and back out for each system, you could just scroll down the main menu checking the boxes.

I'm not sure how you're checking which systems to sync but using that main sync enabled/disabled would save you from having to check each field for a system if that main option is disabled, if that's what you're currently doing. Now you may call me a dummy if I misunderstood how the excluding systems from syncing works :thumbsup:

All systems will be set to "do not sync" by default in a later beta, it is in the list.

Fr0st we should probably keep a list in the first post of planned fixes/changes. Or can w3 open trello for read access for all users?

• Upvote 3

As far as the trello board, I want to be able to surprise people a little bit :)

Should I keep the list in post 1 or something?

• Upvote 2

As far as the trello board, I want to be able to surprise people a little bit :)

Should I keep the list in post 1 or something?

Good point

Yes I would keep a lost in the first post

Most of these suggestions are in the works as we speak :)

Check out my dev screenshot

You click the menu icon and you get this. I'm thinking i'll change "remove" to "disable". Since that it technically what you would be doing here. From there I will just grey out the image so you know its not going to sync.

post-16943-0-90641200-1458923999_thumb.p

• Upvote 7

Most of these suggestions are in the works as we speak :)

Check out my dev screenshot

I figured you were working on something like I suggested, just wanted to throw it out there in case you weren't :thanks:

• Upvote 3

I figured you were working on something like I suggested, just wanted to throw it out there in case you weren't :thanks:

Keep em coming! That's the only way I know what features users really care about.

• Upvote 3

Its the way my friend fr0stbyt3, thanks for your work...  :thanks:

This is a BETA, if you do not want to participate and provide constructive feedback please do not participate. 

I only asked why that happened, sorry... I'm not complaining no one has the right to complain, only caused confusion dont have an option like "Sync Only This System X" and was only reported errors or something... we await a review with improvements! And thanks for all envolved people in this project! Dont worry, take your time and Relax brô!!

• Upvote 3

So is it safe to assume most of you guys are running a 1080p monitor?

In the minority here but my cab has a maximum resolution of 640x480 on Windows 7.  It would be great if there was a low res option - if not then I can just run via Remote Desktop.