SkyHighGam3r

Comprehensive List of Natively Supported Compression Formats

2 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Seems the pcsx_rearmed core does not have CHD support, and I never was able to make the mednafen cores work in my machine, so I guess I am stuck. So close...

Yeah, the PCSX-R core still lacks this, only Mednafen PSX and the (HW) one, probably something easy to implement since even PC Engine CD and Sega CD already support it.

PS: In order not to derail the thread, I PMed instructions so you can give Mednafen PSX another try.

14 minutes ago, Aorin said:

Yeah, the PCSX-R core still lacks this, only Mednafen PSX and the (HW) one, probably something easy to implement since even PC Engine CD and Sega CD already support it.

PS: In order not to derail the thread, I sent you PMed instructions so you can give Mednafen PSX another try.

BAM! All done! Working awesomely! :D

• Like 1

Hi Folks, I am loving CHD compression, although there is not much info available on it.

I have been using a windows batch file, which works on .cue files, as I understand, .ccd is unsupported in chdman

Add your batch file and chdman.exe  (from the latest mame release) to a folder of .bin, .img, .iso, as long as there's a .cue for it.

I have done Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Neo-Geo CD, PC-Engine CD, TurboGrafx CD, it is currently working it's way though the PS1 set.

Cue files must be correct or it will give an error, I hope this helps

cue2chd.bat

for /r %%i in (*.cue) do chdman createcd -i "%%i" -o "%%~ni.chd
  • Like 1

For PS1 specifically, does anyone use .chd? This seems to give the best compression but is limited by emulators. Is it yet to come to other emulators or are you better off with .pbp files?

5 hours ago, progets said:

For PS1 specifically, does anyone use .chd? This seems to give the best compression but is limited by emulators. Is it yet to come to other emulators or are you better off with .pbp files?

Defo CHD for PS1, I have not found any (yet) that don't work. Both Mednafen cores in RA work great

On 4/29/2018 at 6:21 AM, hErTz said:

I have read that the 4DO core now has CHD support

It does, I converted my set to CHD and saved even more space with this, which was the last console system that needed a compression for isos.

SSF don´t work with CHD, i get always black screen...... anyone can share a pre-configured CHD SSF? please.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:33 PM, Aorin said:

It does, I converted my set to CHD and saved even more space with this, which was the last console system that needed a compression for isos.

I can also confirm .chd works with 4DO. Other .chd supported systems (with the right emulator) include DC, Saturn, TG16-CD and PC-FX.

On Github, I contacted Unknown W. Brackets, among other tools, he developed maxcso, which a lot of people use to compress games for PS2 and PSP to save space.

He sent me a useful batch script that will facilitate compression/decompression, I'm posting the script here.

Hopefully it will be attached to the OP as well.

Instructions:

First of all, get the latest MAXCSO version on Github here:

https://github.com/unknownbrackets/maxcso/releases

Than extract MAXCSO.exe to the same folder where this batch is in your computer.

CSO to ISO batch will decompress CSO compressed files back to ISO, you need to open this batch in notepad (notepad++ recommended), and add the input CSOs folder in "set inpath=" and the output ISOs folder in "set outpath="

set inpath=Your CSOs folder path here
set outpath=Your decompressed isos folder path here

ISO to CSO batch will compress PS2 and PSP backed up games to CSO, saving tons of space, instructions are like above, just make sure you set the input folder path for your ISOs first and the compressed CSO files in outpath.

As a bonus I'm also posting more two batches that will compress Bin+Cue to CHDs and ISO to CHDs.

Like in MaxCSO batches, all you have to do is making sure you have, in this case, CHDMAN.exe in the same directory as the batch and set the input and output folders like this:

set rompath=your original bin+cue or iso (if you're compressing isos) folder here
set destpath=your CHD compressed folder

Note that the ISO to CHD batch is different and will not compress games that are in other formats and vice versa.

Obs: Even Bin with multiple bin tracks+cue will be compressed and the game will play as usual like it was from the real CD in a single CHD.

ISO2CSO.bat

CSO2ISO.bat

Batch - Bins+Cues to CHD.cmd

Batch - Isos to CHD.cmd

• Super Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Awesome contribution!

Do you know to which version the script converts the CHDs to?

Any CHDMAN version should work, at least from MAME 190 and above, I've been updating CHDMAN from time to time and the script works without problems.

If you grabbed the scripts above, make sure you download CSO2ISO again, it needed a minor fix in the output compressed file and it's OK now.

• Like 1

Does anyone have the BIN+CUE to CHD script anymore?  

OR a MultiBin (more than 5 files)+Cue to PBP?  The download links above no longer work, thanks.

On Github, I contacted Unknown W. Brackets, among other tools, he developed maxcso, which a lot of people use to compress games for PS2 and PSP to save space.
He sent me a useful batch script that will facilitate compression/decompression, I'm posting the script here.
Hopefully it will be attached to the OP as well.
Instructions:
First of all, get the latest MAXCSO version on Github here:
https://github.com/unknownbrackets/maxcso/releases
Than extract MAXCSO.exe to the same folder where this batch is in your computer.
CSO to ISO batch will decompress CSO compressed files back to ISO, you need to open this batch in notepad (notepad++ recommended), and add the input CSOs folder in "set inpath=" and the output ISOs folder in "set outpath="
set inpath=Your CSOs folder path here
set outpath=Your decompressed isos folder path here
ISO to CSO batch will compress PS2 and PSP backed up games to CSO, saving tons of space, instructions are like above, just make sure you set the input folder path for your ISOs first and the compressed CSO files in outpath.
As a bonus I'm also posting more two batches that will compress Bin+Cue to CHDs and ISO to CHDs.
Like in MaxCSO batches, all you have to do is making sure you have, in this case, CHDMAN.exe in the same directory as the batch and set the input and output folders like this:
set rompath=your original bin+cue or iso (if you're compressing isos) folder here
set destpath=your CHD compressed folder
Note that the ISO to CHD batch is different and will not compress games that are in other formats and vice versa.
Obs: Even Bin with multiple bin tracks+cue will be compressed and the game will play as usual like it was from the real CD in a single CHD.

ISO2CSO.bat
CSO2ISO.bat
Batch - Bins+Cues to CHD.cmd
Batch - Isos to CHD.cmd

Isn’t this what you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk