Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I HATE HYPERSPIN.... if it wasn't for hyperspin, my cabinet would have been done by now...darn it all!! i would have finished 10 cabinets and a bartop and learned Swedish if it wasn't for hyperspin... and those meddling kids

Crazy monkey you're doing it backwards!

I had my cabinet built, painted, CP wired, marquee printed and everything else done except the side-art before I really started messing with Hyperspin.

Hyperpin will always be updated and tinkered with, a cabinet can be finished fairly quickly. Start with the cabinet!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I thought this would be the best thread to place my first post, Ok now for the question, do I like HS...? 100% YES! So much in fact, I just started my first mame Cab this week, Now this has been in the works for a long long time, but Hyperspin has now made me dump Game-Ex and start fresh. With a new passion for my setup. I love it so much in fact I just donated as well! I can't wait to start making themes (If possible) I'm just waiting on My 1TB HD and then I can get busy building! I will be posting video updates on my youtube once things get rolling, Should be a few more weeks still... Anyways just wanted to say hi and I'm sure to be posting a lot more here now, I look forward to the expierence!...

Can you tell me what set up and gear you will be using?

I am in the process of ordering one or build it myself, with a 20inch monitor and real happs buttons

• 2 weeks later...

My relationship with Hyperspin has been absolutely bitter-sweet over the roughly 2 years since I met the gal.

Part of this is the fact it took me so long to decide what I wanted...

Nowdays though, my only problem lies with the way the 'wheel' is presented.

The fact I can't make a vertical box-art wheel stack boxes end to end is just ridiculous to me. Why we don't have an option for dictating the space between wheel items is just beyond me and I HATE it. It's the main (and one of only few) reasons I've been looking at attract mode and other options.

• 5 weeks later...

The fact I can't make a vertical box-art wheel stack boxes end to end is just ridiculous to me. Why we don't have an option for dictating the space between wheel items is just beyond me and I HATE it. It's the main (and one of only few) reasons I've been looking at attract mode and other options.

Seems like you might be able to add transparent padding to the art so the boxes lines up perfectly, then maybe it would be possible to have photoshop adjust all the boxart using a macro so you didn't need to manually do it...

Seems like you might be able to add transparent padding to the art so the boxes lines up perfectly, then maybe it would be possible to have photoshop adjust all the boxart using a macro so you didn't need to manually do it...

Would that actually work though?

The way you set size in HyperHQ is just... what's the word... "Bonkers", yeah that's it lol.

Some number out-of-a-hat system seems to dictate the entire sizing scheme. Wish I could just set an X and Y setting. Would make setting for 16:9 easier too.

It might work. Would only take a couple minutes to make one that way and test it, so no reason not to try.

Setting for 16:9 is as easy as reducing the width of an item to 75%. You can even just use Fotosizer here in the download section to drag/drop files or entire folders to do that in just seconds.

For entire backgrounds just reduce the image size to 1366x768 (if it's larger) and then reduce the width to 1024x768. Then when HyperSpin restretches it it will be the correct aspect.

It might work. Would only take a couple minutes to make one that way and test it, so no reason not to try.

Setting for 16:9 is as easy as reducing the width of an item to 75%. You can even just use Fotosizer here in the download section to drag/drop files or entire folders to do that in just seconds.

For entire backgrounds just reduce the image size to 1366x768 (if it's larger) and then reduce the width to 1024x768. Then when HyperSpin restretches it it will be the correct aspect.

Luckily my backgrounds are pretty basic, so they look great in both 4:3 and 16:9. I'm also OK with the video box since it stretches from square to rectangle on 4:3 & 16:9 respectively.

I've thought about re-sizing my box-art to be skinny so it stretches properly... but then when I plug it into a 4:3 screen it looks skinny again... so I'm torn on what to do with it. 

Big part of my build is having it be 'universal'. The idea is that I can toss it in a backpack, take it to a friends house and plug it into any TV (Restricted HDMI/DVI-D until I can get a converter that works) and it just goes. So, I'm trying to make the switch from 4:3 to 16:9 as instant and transparent as possible. RetroArch isn't making that easy either though since it doesn't have a simple "stretch" option like PCSX2 and Dolphin do.

• 1 month later...
  • Avar unpinned this topic

Archived