Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bent98

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

3 minutes ago, JackOfOwls said:

Not without causing more grumblings than I already have ?

Which I'm sure was your intent to begin with as there's no other reason to call people idiots and rag on styles you don't like.

6 minutes ago, agent47 said:

Just an edgy reddit/tumblr grade insult.

tumblr is a great turd the size of Godzilla-stool floating in the fetid sea of social media!  How dare you insult me like that.  However, I have posted on reddit... maybe once or twice ?

I was just being candid.  Please don't mistake candidness with being a punk-ass.

4 minutes ago, agent47 said:

Which I'm sure was your intent to begin with as there's no other reason to call people idiots and rag on styles you don't like.

No.  Just wanted to say I personally LIKE Hyperspin, while entertaining the possibility that there might be solid reasons people are migrating over to other frontends.

Which could've easily been accomplished without bashing others that prefer different styles or what they work on. Negative attitudes like that certainly aren't going to convince people to step up and contribute. I don't like the flashy themes either (which is one of the reasons I stopped using HS like a year ago) and yeah, most themes do tend to be created by people who stick to certain systems/genres etc. Criticism is fine and helpful but be respectful.

Jeez, calm down Agent :)

I was just curious as what Jack meant by his description of not so good themes. As I had no idea what exactly is meant or what I should think of.

I'm calm, just saying could've been more constructive with the criticism. We've certainly seen shitstorms and arguments start from similar comments.

15 minutes ago, agent47 said:

I'm calm, just saying could've been more constructive with the criticism. We've certainly seen shitstorms and arguments start from similar comments.

Dammit, you were actually calm xD

It would be good if the themes doesnt stop when you move the wheel until you stop it. Also more quality on vids and swf would be good.

No, after becoming a platinum member the ftp was quickly shuffled in the name of a clean-up and i couldn't even download anything with most things i signed up for just vanished, this website was also restructured when the old one was fine and nothing worked and alot of things gone for a long time again... happy to see stuff starting to work again but, despite waiting absolute years for hs 2.0 Instead of keep changing things that don't need changing, I dunno put some effort into actual hyperspin... launchbox on the other-hand... I only visit here to see if anything substantial has happened and everytime I ain't surprised.

Oh n after writing this post i notice i'm not even a platinum member anymore and have only 1 post... fantastic... i guess it explains why things might not have been working but yet another example of incompetence... I havn't had one single benefit since being a platinum member anyway as nearly everyone who is talented in this forum has moved onto other frontends...

PayPal_ Transaction Details.pdf

6 hours ago, timesplitter said:

No, after becoming a platinum member the ftp was quickly shuffled in the name of a clean-up and i couldn't even download anything with most things i signed up for just vanished,

That's weird. I signed up years after you and never had trouble finding all the art/bezels/themes/ and a million more things on the FTP. It was jam packed with stuff. Plus Hypersync was worth the cost alone just to save the hours upon hours it would have taken to get that stuff manually. I agree with you about the website changes though.

7 hours ago, timesplitter said:

Oh n after writing this post i notice i'm not even a platinum member anymore and have only 1 post... fantastic... i guess it explains why things might not have been working but yet another example of incompetence... I havn't had one single benefit since being a platinum member anyway as nearly everyone who is talented in this forum has moved onto other frontends...

If you would like your membership fixed file a support ticket by clicking the Support button on the nav bar so one of the admins can handle it. This happened to 1 other person I'm aware of after the latest site change and his membership was restored w/o issue.

9 hours ago, timesplitter said:

Incompetence? Lol, try logging in under your other account Timesplitter91 which is your Platinum account. :cigar:

21 minutes ago, CSIG1001 said:

gigapig 

whats up!

just sayingi hi

Hi buddy, good to see you. :)

2 hours ago, gigapig said:

Incompetence? Lol, try logging in under your other account Timesplitter91 which is your Platinum account. :cigar:

I should say thankyou i guess, why you couldn't just tell me this in my support ticket but berate me on here and wait for me to find it... nice

12 minutes ago, TimeSplitter91 said:

I should say thankyou i guess, why you couldn't just tell me this in my support ticket but berate me on here and wait for me to find it... nice

Oh, the irony.

17 minutes ago, TimeSplitter91 said:

I went off the information you supplied which as explained in my reply was not helpful. I then saw your rude post here and checked again.

Now the main benefit of Platinum membership is to have the convenience of downloading media via Hypersync. The ftp was only ever ment for artists to share their work and collaborate.

You were never forced to buy it.

1 minute ago, gigapig said:

I went off the information you supplied which as explained in my reply was not helpful. I then saw your rude post here and checked again.

Now the main benefit of Platinum membership is to have the convenience of downloading media via Hypersync. The ftp was only ever ment for artists to share their work and collaborate.

You were never forced to buy it.

Why are you so hostile? I was never rude, the title of the topic is "do you like hyperspin?" my answer is no... and I gave my reasons why... I didn't expect my opinion to be popular in a hyperspin forum. I guess it's true what people say in other forums that hyperspin admins don't take kindly to criticism. I am quite happy with my platinum membership thankyou, why do you think i was asking for it back?. I don't particularly care what the FTP was "meant" for, I wanted to use it and last time I went on it was being restructured for several months. Finally I don't wanna keep going back n' forwards with you arguing, I gone goofed and thanks for sorting me out...

1 minute ago, TimeSplitter91 said:

I was never rude...... I guess it's true what people say in other forums that hyperspin admins don't take kindly to criticism

Criticism is fine, the rude bit was the erroneous accusation of incompetence you had no problem making. When the incompetence was shown to be on you, that's when you didn't like public criticism all of a sudden.

1 minute ago, agent47 said:

Criticism is fine, the rude bit was the erroneous accusation of incompetence you had no problem making. When the incompetence was shown to be on you, that's when you didn't like public criticism all of a sudden.

No I still think there is incompetence, the website is a mess... If the website wasn't such a mess I had my username and password saved to my google account but it wasn't recognizing. If it wasn't for this needless redesign (yeh that's an opinion so calm down) I wouldn't of had the problem, so when I did a email recovery it was sent to my old email on an account from 5 years ago. Just because I messed up, that doesn't mean I still don't think the front end and this website are flawed, just so happens I am too... I don't wanna derail this tread any further do you? I knew my opinion wasn't gunna be popular when I posted it and i got irate when I noticed my platinum sticker wasn't showing and i guess i went off topic slightly.

Like I said, criticism is fine. I've made plenty of suggestions and constructive criticisms of both the website and the frontend in many threads. The specific criticism regarding your membership was addressed to correctly state what the issue was. Criticism isn't any good if nobody listens or responds (which sadly happens a lot around here) so if you make it public expect a public response, whether it be in your favor or not.

Using LaunchBox made me appreciate HyperSpin's even more, specially its responsiveness and how fast it runs even in systems we little processing power.