Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HiToText (Hi score support)

Fyrecrypts

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you enable savestates?

You actually don't want them enabled, but you do so in the mame.ini file, set savestates = 1. Or something along those lines, I've actually never done it... cause I like my scores in .hi files. =)

Also, on the off chance you didn't know this, the .hi files are generated in the hi folder when the game has been played, and exited successfully. If no .hi files are being created at all we need to maybe look at whether your MAME compile happened correctly.

What's weird is now everytime I try to compile mame again I get errors all the time. I tried using both methods on BYOAC.

I would suggest not compiling in the same folder, unless you delete the obj folder that it generates first. In fact, I would probably just recommend Re-DLing the source files, and the patch(es) to a totally new directory, and try again.

You actually don't want them enabled, but you do so in the mame.ini file, set savestates = 1. Or something along those lines, I've actually never done it... cause I like my scores in .hi files. =)

Also, on the off chance you didn't know this, the .hi files are generated in the hi folder when the game has been played, and exited successfully. If no .hi files are being created at all we need to maybe look at whether your MAME compile happened correctly.

My auto save is set to 0 do I want to be 1?

Nevermind I got it to work. I think I was downloading the wrong files. It finally compiled right. I played galaga and it showed the Hi score in the mame hi folder and on HS. Am I able to see other peoples hi score on that particular game for instance Galaga or did I read that wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Nevermind I got it to work. I think I was downloading the wrong files. It finally compiled right. I played galaga and it showed the Hi score in the mame hi folder and on HS. Am I able to see other peoples hi score on that particular game for instance Galaga or did I read that wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Good! Glad you got it working, there was an application I had that would allow you to see other people's scores on certain games, but it was too burdensome, and I also don't have the webspace to provide support, so it was on people to set it up themselves. Perhaps in the future I will revisit it. =)

I have another question. Whenever you have a new update out do I only download the hitotext.exe into HS or do I download other files too? I read your other posts and I think I only have to download the Hitotext.exe but wasn't sure.

I have another question. Whenever you have a new update out do I only download the hitotext.exe into HS or do I download other files too? I read your other posts and I think I only have to download the Hitotext.exe but wasn't sure.

Lately my new releases have also included an updated hiscore.dat file, so to support the very latest games you will need the newest hiscore.dat file as well. So to fully update HiToText, you would need the newest HiToText.exe in your Hyperspin directory, and the newest hiscore.dat file in your mame.exe directory.

• 2 weeks later...

hey fyrecrypts, I never can seem to find a download link for hitotext. I checked your byoac release thread and the title is 03.25.2009, and your first post has no updated dl link. the last post on page 5 has your dat and dl for version 02.21.2009

where can I get the most current version?

hey fyrecrypts, I never can seem to find a download link for hitotext. I checked your byoac release thread and the title is 03.25.2009, and your first post has no updated dl link. the last post on page 5 has your dat and dl for version 02.21.2009

where can I get the most current version?

Grr. You can think Microsoft's SkyDrive for that problem...

You should be able to get the files here: http://cid-42a05cdb25de1e0c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public

Edit: Wow, way to go MS... You've reverted to my old files somehow. I probably didn't hit one of the 4 accept buttons you require me to hit to save... Gimme a second, I'll put up the updated versions again at the above link.

Edit2: Sorry about the trouble, it should be fixed now.

• 3 weeks later...

i had a question about this. it seems you get different high scores with this than the ones you get when viewing in CP Wizard?

For example:

Mr.Do i see "my high scores" when i view them "in game" and on top of the Mr.Do HS theme. But when i bring up CP Wizard and look at the high scores it's a totally different set of scores? Did I miss a step when setting this up?

Thanks

well make sure that in cpwizard settings thay you have your 'hi' file folder set to the one in /mame/hi/

by default cpwizard creates it's own /data/ folder and could be looking there for your hi scores.

also - there's 'high scores' and 'my high scores' in cpwizard - if you don't have a .hi file for that game then you won't see 'my high scores' . 'high scores' look for history.dat - which is a collection of world records.

finally, howzit!

well make sure that in cpwizard settings thay you have your 'hi' file folder set to the one in /mame/hi/

by default cpwizard creates it's own /data/ folder and could be looking there for your hi scores.

also - there's 'high scores' and 'my high scores' in cpwizard - if you don't have a .hi file for that game then you won't see 'my high scores' . 'high scores' look for history.dat - which is a collection of world records.

finally, howzit!

ah ok, thx SophT i didn't know that...i was wondering what all those high scores were. So let's say "in theory" :P I scored higher than one of those world record high scores in CP Wizard. Would it actually post /update on there? Or is it static just for people to see the highest scores ever? I think i like showing / using the highest scores better? i think it's boring to try to beat "my own" highest scores...

Howzit!! you from Hawai'i?

ah ok, thx SophT i didn't know that...i was wondering what all those high scores were. So let's say "in theory" :P I scored higher than one of those world record high scores in CP Wizard. Would it actually post /update on there? Or is it static just for people to see the highest scores ever?

Howzit!! you from Hawai'i?

It's static... however... big things are a-happenin' ;)

It's static... however... big things are a-happenin' ;)

ah ok....thx Fyrecrypts for working on this, it's awesome. Can't wait to see what you have coming. To update it when you guys release new games with hi score support do i just go to the main thread here

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=83614.0

and download the newest version and just overwrite the old one?

ah ok....thx Fyrecrypts for working on this, it's awesome. Can't wait to see what you have coming. To update it when you guys release new games with hi score support do i just go to the main thread here

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=83614.0

and download the newest version and just overwrite the old one?

Yep, that's all you have to do. I believe the forum is STILL bugged and any zip files uploaded are corrupted. I have links in the last post though that can get you what you need.

• 1 month later...

Archived