Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FPLaunch

BadBoyBill

• 2 months later...

Just updated to Win7 64-bit and whenever I exit a table to return to HP, VP crashes. I just hit close program and it returns to HP and I can load another table. Not sure if it is related to FPlaunch or not but if I load and run a table from VP directly I have no problem or crashing when I exit the table. Any ideas or anyone else using Wn7 64-bit?

Does it for version 1.1 and the latest 1.294 with the loading and exiting screens.

Which controller?

Probably esc key comes to vp.

Try this - open some table in vp player (outside of hyperpin), press esc to invoke pause menu, alt tab to vp editor, close the vp editor window

If you get the same crash, that's it. Esc comes to vp (and it should not).

To solve it map exit button to e.

Just updated to Win7 64-bit and whenever I exit a table to return to HP, VP crashes. I just hit close program and it returns to HP and I can load another table. Not sure if it is related to FPlaunch or not but if I load and run a table from VP directly I have no problem or crashing when I exit the table. Any ideas or anyone else using Wn7 64-bit?

Does it for version 1.1 and the latest 1.294 with the loading and exiting screens.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with FPLaunch 1.294. I'm using an IPAC2 with Exit mapped to ESC and I'm able to exit VP back into HP without any issues at all.

Which controller?

Try this - open some table in vp player (outside of hyperpin), press esc to invoke pause menu, alt tab to vp editor, close the vp editor window

Thanks I'll give that a try tonight and see if it helps. I never had to do it in XP and I've install VP & HP many times before.

When you say map exit button to e you mean on my iPAC or inside my HP Settings.ini file?

Thanks,

-mike

Ok, just got home from and tried to re-create the above scenario and get the same crash as when I exit a table through hyperpin.

Now how to I remap the exit button? Inside hyperpin settings.ini or the fplaunch AHK file? I have to step out now but hopefully I can get this resolved when I get back tonight. Funny how I never had to do this for my XP setup.

Thanks for the advice and help guys.

Do you have VPinball.exe running as admin as well as XP SP3 compatibility mode?

admin yes, XP SP3 compatibility mode no. I also set FPlaunch.exe and Hyperpin.exe to run as admin as well but might add the XP SP3 compatibility mode too.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

admin yes, XP SP3 compatibility mode no. I also set FPlaunch.exe and Hyperpin.exe to run as admin as well but might add the XP SP3 compatibility mode too.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

You shouldn't have to set FPLaunch and HyperPin to admin or XP SP3 compatibility. They should work natively. Visual Pinball definitely needs XP SP3 compatibility though.

You shouldn't have to set FPLaunch and HyperPin to admin or XP SP3 compatibility. They should work natively. Visual Pinball definitely needs XP SP3 compatibility though.

Tried with XP SP3 compatibility and still same crash :( But I did have a nice game of Indy 500 with gstav's 5LED setup and scored 1.2 billion! Performance is most definitely better in Win7 compared to XP in regards to stutter when a lot is going on. I wonder if it has to do with any tweaks I have done to cause VP to crash when you exit a table to go back to HP? I wanna try this Exit key remap and see if it helps but not sure what to do. If I make a change in the AHK file do I need to recompile it?

Which controller?

Thanks Blur (and mwong for all his help), you solved my issue!!

For future reference:

Change the Exit key in settings.ini under HP to "69" (no quotes)

Change the Exit emulator key setting under[fplaunch] to "e" (no quotes)

Save settings.ini and close

Run WinIPAC and remap exit pushbutton to "e" (no quotes)

Program board and exit

You're good to go!

I tried this before but was using xpadder at the time and it didn't work....do to a brain fart, I never thought to try this with the IPAC.

Thanks again.

Edited by zebulon

Now how to I remap the exit button? Inside hyperpin settings.ini or the fplaunch AHK file? I have to step out now but hopefully I can get this resolved when I get back tonight. Funny how I never had to do this for my XP setup.

I missed this question, probably you got it by now from the answers from nice people that helped, here is summary (I should probably put it in my fplaunch manual):

For IPAC if you have problems with VP pause screen coming up you do this:

• In IPAC controller map your exit button to e
  • In hyperpin settings.ini file change lines:
    Exit = 27
    in Keyboard section and
    exitEmulatorKey = Esc
    in FPLaunch section
    to:
    Exit = 69
    exitEmulatorKey = e
  • No need to recompile ahk

Why this did not happened before - because on some ipac/os combinations, ahk script can stop esc key from comming to vp and on some it can't.

• 8 months later...

For future reference:

Run WinIPAC and remap exit pushbutton to "e" (no quotes)

Program board and exit

Zeb, Can you explain this part better for me please. This is the exact issue i am having and cannot seem to re-map my ipac2. i have not too date been able to get the newer fplaunch's to work because of it. I can remap in VP and such but i cannot change the keys in ipac. I need a step by step!

Cheers all,

Maceman

• 3 weeks later...

if you mean PBW DIY kit - that is also described extensively in fplaunch mod manual.

you can use joy8 as exit key but then you can't use long press for exit

(because joy8 exit which is hardcoded in vp doesn't close uvp server properly)

but you can do everything except long press - which is not big deal (specially since menus are implemented - you just press exit - up and enter and you are out).

if you want long press you have connect some unused connection from pbw board - like joy16, and then you use joy16 as your exit key - NO NEED TO MAP IT TO "e"

joy16 is just fine for exit key.

read fplaunch mod manual carefully (PBW section is after ipac section and has totally different problems and solutions)

Edited by blur

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...