Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin Lightgun Cab

bhudkins

Finally finished my fourth hyperspin build. I previously had a cocktail, a 2 player cabinet and a 4 player cabinet all running hyperspin. I set out to build a dedicated lightgun cabinet. It was going to be a small pedestal cabinet with 1 joystick/button setup and two light guns. I ended up doing a full custom 2 player pedestal with two light guns. I think it turned out great, setup to play the standard arcade emulators and PC games.

2 ultimarc u360's and 2 ultimarc aimtrak guns. GeForce 970 GPU with a 43" flat screen.

Here are some pics of the final product!

r5j690R.jpg

44hVf10.jpg

6v2NpnB.jpg

D5vPy59.jpg

oaTIP5T.jpg

FwN5XEL.jpg

f2FhDv6.jpg

Q8dlDQ3.jpg

XFK7LLW.jpg

Yeah I started with a 32 which was fine when I was building everything and testing in the office. Once I got it mounted it was way to small so I upgraded to a 43

There actually100s of gun games between all the systems. House of the Dead III is the most played. And Blue Estate for the PC is also pretty fun

Yeah I started with a 32 which was fine when I was building everything and testing in the office. Once I got it mounted it was way to small so I upgraded to a 43

There actually100s of gun games between all the systems. House of the Dead III is the most played. And Blue Estate for the PC is also pretty fun

Is blue estate a point and shoot? Or does it need a movement controller too?

Hi I'm wondering if you can help me?

I have just set up HOTD3 using the original troubleshooter to get 2 light guns working. I launch it first and then the game. It I launch it via rocket launcher it's fine but if I do it from Hyperspin then the game appears to be one player only. It's bizarre. How have you set yours up?

Thanks!

Hi I'm wondering if you can help me?

I have just set up HOTD3 using the original troubleshooter to get 2 light guns working. I launch it first and then the game. It I launch it via rocket launcher it's fine but if I do it from Hyperspin then the game appears to be one player only. It's bizarre. How have you set yours up?

Thanks!

I am using troubleshooter 2 for hotd3 pc version. I would try that. If it launches fine with rocketlauncher, theoretically i should work from hyperspin. troubleshooter just runs in the background you shouldnt need to launch it before the game.

I am using troubleshooter 2 for hotd3 pc version. I would try that. If it launches fine with rocketlauncher, theoretically i should work from hyperspin. troubleshooter just runs in the background you shouldnt need to launch it before the game.

I've tried that but I must be doing something wrong as it doesn't work in hotd3. Would you mind detailing the steps or settings you use in TS2?

It's driving me mad!!

I've tried that but I must be doing something wrong as it doesn't work in hotd3. Would you mind detailing the steps or settings you use in TS2?

It's driving me mad!!

The biggest thing is sometimes the gun IDs change, especially if you unplug or move the guns from the USB

I am also using hotd3_launcher.exe which i found on the hyperspin forums

gIJM2i6.png

yNg1kGg.png

@Bhudkins

Ok,

I got the game to run and close down from Hyperspin but couldn't get the guns to do anything. How do you use TS2 with the game itself? How are you launching it ?

I can move the in game menu cursors to move but as soon as the game starts there is nothing happening and no firing either.

thanks

@Bhudkins

Ok,

I got the game to run and close down from Hyperspin but couldn't get the guns to do anything. How do you use TS2 with the game itself? How are you launching it ?

I can move the in game menu cursors to move but as soon as the game starts there is nothing happening and no firing either.

thanks

Make the settings the same as mine on page 1, assuming you found and downloader hotd3_launcher

You will need to change the ids to get the guns to work. I would start with gun 1 ID 0 and save it then try it with 1 gun until you get it working. Then do the same with gun 2.

Make the settings the same as mine on page 1, assuming you found and downloader hotd3_launcher

You will need to change the ids to get the guns to work. I would start with gun 1 ID 0 and save it then try it with 1 gun until you get it working. Then do the same with gun 2.

How do you launch TS2 though? If that's not running then it won't/can't work. Do you double click the exe and it runs in the background before launching Hotd3 launcher?

First of all... DAYUM. This looks so awesome. I love the custom free-standing base, and especially the SEGA art ;) Plus it all looks smooth and proffesional, if I came to your house I'd be asking "Where did you buy that!?" Instead of "How'd you make this?"

I'm curious about the light-guns though. I can see that you have them setup for PC version of HotD3, but do you have them both functioning for say... PS2 or DC?
The reason I ask is I'm closing in on Light-Gun support as my next task on the big 'to-do' list and was just going to use a wii-mote as a mouse pointer... then realized I'd somehow need 2 mice to set that up and am not sure how to proceed lol.

Either way, you have done one hell of a job here. Good work.

Honestly i don't do anything to start it, i just save the configuration in the app and it works LOL.

If i change the gun IDs and save it, it doesnt work. It hooks into it somehow, not excatly sure of the process. I also have the orginal troubleshooter running, but I can that process is running in the background.

As far as the lightguns. They work for PC games, wii (dolphin), model 2 and model 3, atomiswave and naomi using demul and silent hill on TTX

Honestly i don't do anything to start it, i just save the configuration in the app and it works LOL.

If i change the gun IDs and save it, it doesnt work. It hooks into it somehow, not excatly sure of the process. I also have the orginal troubleshooter running, but I can that process is running in the background.

As far as the lightguns. They work for PC games, wii (dolphin), model 2 and model 3, atomiswave and naomi using demul and silent hill on TTX

You don't run the program? Now I'm well confused [emoji13]. Thanks for your help.

Archived