Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Table Announcement: Monopoly by PD/BBB

BadBoyBill

I had the same problem as everyone else with stuttering, slow motion, etc.

I deleted my monopoly.cfg and monopoly.nv and changed the YieldTime value to 0 and I can play the game at full speed now!

Const YieldTime = 0

I have a dual-core 2.5ghz with Gforce 9800 1GB video

Hope this helps someone

Excellent point here guys,

To the guys who have speed issues, yield time is invaluable. Yield time basically passes resources between VP and PinMAME, so i would turn Yield Time off to allow 'full steam ahead'.

To do this, open the table in VP, and click the script button. Go to 'edit' -> 'find' and search for 'yield'.

This will take you to the correct area of the script. Change the '1' to a '0' and click 'compile' this can be found under the 'script' button at the top of the frame.

Save the table again, and exit.

Fire up HyperPIN, load Monopoly and see if it helps you...

Thanks to LuvThatApex for the handy hint!!I'm sure it will help alot of people squeeze a few extra frames!

Timbo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rossicomputers

BBB,

Everyone experience slow motion ball and flippers....

I Have power machine....

Change the Yield settings to 0( DO NOT WORK)

As you can see below the ball chops!

MonopolyP.png

Any help welcome

Rossi.

Did you save the table, exit out of VP and then reopen the table? I find that when I make changes to tables, this always helps. Did you also delete the files stated in the previous post?

I tested this table out initially and I had some slowdown. I am going to try the suggestion above and will report back tonight.

I deleted my monopoly.cfg and monopoly.nv and changed the YieldTime value to 0 and I can play the game at full speed now!

Const YieldTime = 0

Hope this helps someone

This is good news. So you deleted the registry after you changed the yield time?

First to say great work BBB....

but up until i tried to play Monopoly i thought had good hardware in my pinball cab..

Win XP runing on Quad Core / 4 GB / Pallit 260 1GB/

but even with all modification: Flasher false / Yieldtime 0 / Deleted CFG/NV and so on

All i get is a slurring ball / delayed flippers. And unplayable when it comes to making a shot.

Ok so far it is working just fine on my system. I haven't hit multiball yet though.

I did find a bug. I just started a game and while playing the ball got stuck behind the plastic above where the flipper rotates around and around (the plastic above the hole). I could not shake it out and ended up getting a tilt and nothing will happen now. I will try to get multiball. If everything is fine I put up my specs and shoot a video.

Can you try moving the dmd to the playfield instead of the second monitor as a test?

Hi BBB

just tried it...

it seems to help a little bit. I also tried to make the dmd smaller since i have normaly a realy big dmd on my pinball cab sec. monitor.

It seems to help a little bit too. but in the end it is not much and dosent look realy nice on my cab ;-)

post-4300-142870571093_thumb.jpg

post-4300-142870571105_thumb.jpg

I have some ideas that might improve performance, it will take a bunch of code rewriting but it might have to do with the difference if your running one monitor or dual monitors. It works alot faster on my main pc with one monitor but works slower on the cab with two monitors and I have the exact same pc in my cab as my main pc.

Are those that are having issues running on two monitors and does it seem to run good on just one monitor pc's?

I'll work on a new version for further testing. Thanks for the feedback so far.

I have intell duo core 2 gb ram and ATI 3600 series 1 gb ram. One monitor slow choppy. Tried above suggestions did not work. back of table graphics disapear see only lite bulbs DMD moves down layers click on move to top. Unplayable.

Lonnie

Playing on 2 monitors (DMD second). Play seems steady. Flashers are absolutely awesome. Note some slowing of the ball but it is slight. One thing I noted is that when the ball hits the bank hard it comes right back down fast down the middle. Don't know if that is normal physics or not. Reported before about the ball getting stuck on the right side plastic. This only happened that one time.

My SPecs are:

Compaq Presario AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4000+, RAM 2GB, HArd Drive 1TB

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT OC 1GB GDDR3

PS: If you haven't heard - Brett Farve is a Viking :puke:

I have some ideas that might improve performance, it will take a bunch of code rewriting but it might have to do with the difference if your running one monitor or dual monitors. It works alot faster on my main pc with one monitor but works slower on the cab with two monitors and I have the exact same pc in my cab as my main pc.

Are those that are having issues running on two monitors and does it seem to run good on just one monitor pc's?

I'll work on a new version for further testing. Thanks for the feedback so far.

as i stated before, i have a pretty skimpy pc (compared to others here) and it seemed to run ok on my mame machine. aka one monitor. i would probably be having the same choppy problems everyone else here is having if i were running a second screen.

Const YieldTime = 0

Hope this helps someone

Wow, this worked on my cab! Thanks luvthatapex! I haven't fully tested or anything, but the game seems to play well with just these simple changes.

Check in your installation folder for pinmame/vp, should have a config folder and a nvram folder.

I will start working on a new release for FVP that will include a "tuning" section in the script. You will be able to change some settings in terms of transparency quality and flash player quality (2 different things) and I think Im going to make an option on what monitor to display in case some people want to use this for backglass stuff. We talked about running a backglass test on Unclewilly's Badcats table. Hopefully the tuning settings will make a big improvement. I will be running some personal tests over the next few days.

I just wanted to congratulate you with a nice idea, FVP. It plays very well on my computer. I have a dual intel core2, 3Ghz and a Nvidia 9500GS 512Mb. But I only have one monitor. This Monopoly is really a nice table.

I read a long time ago that many graphics cards did not have hardware accelerated graphics on the second monitor, only on the main one. But this was a long time ago, and I'm not sure if this still is an issue with newer graphic cards. But this may explain why it is slowler when used in a two monitor system.

JP

That helped too. It actually runs pretty good and is definitely playable. I haven't gotten multiball yet (cause I suck at pinball). I can't wait to show it to my videophile friend who has always turned his nose up to Visual Pinball because it looked 2-D and not 3-D like Future pinball. I told him the other day that VP looks as good or better than FP and he didn't believe me. Thanks for the proof.

I just wanted to congratulate you with a nice idea, FVP. It plays very well on my computer. I have a dual intel core2, 3Ghz and a Nvidia 9500GS 512Mb. But I only have one monitor. This Monopoly is really a nice table.

I read a long time ago that many graphics cards did not have hardware accelerated graphics on the second monitor, only on the main one. But this was a long time ago, and I'm not sure if this still is an issue with newer graphic cards. But this may explain why it is slowler when used in a two monitor system.

JP

Hey welcome JP, its possible your right about the second monitor issue, as the swf file does possibly overlap onto second monitors ( the transparent area ) since we need to fullfill users using 1900 x 1200 resolution and dynamically resizing a swf file isnt possible so Im going to make a wrapper for this that guarantees this will run only one monitor or the other. I should have some progress soon. Looking forward to playing your black knight when I get home tonight. Thanks for the tables.

That helped too. It actually runs pretty good and is definitely playable. I haven't gotten multiball yet (cause I suck at pinball). I can't wait to show it to my videophile friend who has always turned his nose up to Visual Pinball because it looked 2-D and not 3-D like Future pinball. I told him the other day that VP looks as good or better than FP and he didn't believe me. Thanks for the proof.

I like VP alot because of the lighting effects you can do, everyone has their own idea of what light should look like and people have done some pretty cool things like Unclewilly's night mods and other cool gi effects on the playfield. I definitely like the photorealistic effects that some people have done to. FP is great looking also, theyre just 2 totally different looks that I think everyone can appreciate.

Well I was really bored tonight and had some time but I rewrote alot of FlashVP and I think I've improved the performance alot. I need to do some cleaning up and and some functions for "tuning", which will allow the individual user to bump the quality vs performance. I will have the settings all the way low as a base for all users and those that dont feel comfortable adjusting settings in the script. But really I can't tell the difference a whole lot quality wise but when I play the ball is very smooth when I play as opposed to slightly choppy before. The real test will be when some of you test that had lots of problems before. I thank all of you who have downloaded already and have provided positive feedback to the application minus the comments about it sucking, lol. It was motivational for me to make this a better app. Im really hoping this new version will help you guys out. Im going to be doing a couple test runs with the team members to see how it does for them while I write in the tuning functions. Thanks.

Hey guys,

I've been busy testing 3B's newest/upcoming FVP release. This version solves a number of issues people were having with ball ghosting, and stuttering.

I had similar issues on my setup with the first FVP, however this new release has since fixed the problems.

I'm sure Bill will elaborate more on what he has re-scripted and altered, but i just wanted to post to put some minds at ease.

Before i was getting around 40 - 50 frames a second (you can test this by pressing the F11 key on your system). Now, i can really open the table up and get the ball sailing around at a silky smooth 60 - 70 fps (see screenshot).

My pc is by no means a monster, but its moderate (low end core 2 duo, 9600gt).

I hope this will allow you guys to guage what to expect from the next FlashVP installment...

Thanks to everyone who took the time to test and provide genuinely helpful/positive/encouraging feedback.

monopoly.png

Thanks guys,

The new FVP hopefully wont be too far away....

el_timbo86

Archived