Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Table Announcement: Monopoly by PD/BBB

BadBoyBill

Simply ...

applause for a JP to go to the forum and would like to thank you personally for your contribution to world VP. Thanks JP!

I feel sorry for Rossicomputer, that answer is wrong, but as I have ever wanted to help the cause. It's now understand what happens to the ads. Hence the BK will be sent to BBB and UW for them if they want the upload.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, time for my couple of cents.

Thanks Bill for all your hard work on this new project of yours, and to the team of people who keep giving us the great tables that make this site the premier one for pinball cabinet software.:dancing2:

I don`t have the skills with software like some of the wizards here, but I do like to share my experiences and give encouragement to the newbies out there. The community feeling here is great, and is a credit to all of us who have been here from the start.

People have to work within rules, otherwise the community suffers as a whole.:banghead:

Anyway................

Back on topic, installed Monopoly, the graphics quality is awesome, but get the ball trail problem - thats with 8gb ram, nvidia gtx260, and a quad core intel cpu, running tiny Vista gamers edition.

Hopefully Bill`s tweaks will sort this out :)

Cheers Buzz

Remember - Keep da ball rolling

Wow, I just tested it last night and there's already been a lot of progress. I performed all the standard tweaks and was able to get it mostly playable without multiball. Multiball was a bit rough, lots of trails. Pretty cool to think we are pushing these graphics cards to the limit. The flashers are definitely cool, a whole new level of quality. Table was a lot of fun, keep up the good work!

I think this next version will fix your issues. Ive already added the tuning settings for the table. As you've maybe read el_timbo86 has smooth gameplay as opposed to before with much better framerate and no ball ghosting, and I notice a difference also. I want to test this on my cab tonight since its dual monitor. Unclewilly said he'll be testing on his cab in a few minutes.

The new settings include:

FlashQuality = "LOW" / "MEDIUM" / "HIGH" / "BEST"

I set this to "LOW" but you cant really tell any difference looking at it. I think your all probably running at "HIGH" right now.

TransparentQuality = 0 -100 0 being most cpu intense and 100 being less. 0 is what your all running now, so when I set it to around 7 then I get alot better performance gain. You probably wont need to adjust the settings because above 7 you start to drop frames in the flash animations i.e a flasher might not go off when its suppose to etc...

Hopefully I'll have this update ready to release to the public by tomorrow before noon.

Ok, Version 2 of the table is out now, you might not have to change any of the settings I predefined, so just simply test and see if it runs better. This package contains 3 new files, FlashVP.exe, Monopoly.swf, and the table. You need to replace all 3, probably best to just delete your old stuff to be safe. Unzip everything into your tables folder. Let us know how this runs on your PC, thanks.

http://www.hyperspin-themes.com/downloads/HyperPin/Monopoly_FVP_BBB_v2_PDmod.zip

Hi BBB. I just played this version and it works better than the first, but the ball sometimes dissapears and appears in one second (sorry, I can't explain better in english).

My computer is Intel Core Duo 2,5Ghz - Gforce 9500GT 1Gbyte.

Thanks.

I tried the new version. I had the ball disappear initially by the flippers and then reappeared a second later. This only happened once, and played about 10 games. I will say the ball moves really fast. Probably how you designed it though. Otherwise everything is A ok. Great job Bill.

Hi BBB

just come home from last customer...and the first thing i did was to install your new monopoly version ;-)

I didn´t change anything on the script this time, and it runs much better from the start. I did not reach Multiball yet....

i will try out some of the script options later. I´ve also moved the DMD back to it´s size and original Position on my second monitor and there is no more slowdown :-)

There is only one little thing that is nagging me at the moment it was also in the first version there seems no sound on the ( mhh what are these rubber bumpers just above and left and right side of the flippers called in english dammed...)

Oh before i forgot, i hit f11 and it say frames between 278 and 431 in gameplay ist that correct???

So far it is a great step forward your new version....great table great work BBB

Speed is much improved, no ball trails on regular or rail road multiball. Ball seemed to have too much acceleration, not enough weight. It would fly off the flippers too fast in some cases. Also, in a few games I would hit it up a ramp and it would end up under the ramp instead and get stuck. I turned off the PBW wizard accel switches. This slowed it down a bit (some of us with accels don't have that axis tuned to zero as we don't use it, just convert to key presses). I also reduced the slope from 6.2 to 5, this slowed it down and made it feel like the ball had more weight. Just my opinion, table is a lot of fun, great improvements!

Archived