Sign in to follow this  
hengey

Monitor Frame Question

Hi,

Was just wondering. The prices of Open Frame monitors on eBay seems a bit excessive given the fact the size etc. I was wondering, can you just strip down a normal monitor from its casing and use that? or am I missing something here?

Thanks

Yes but open frame monitors usually mountings to install the monitor. Normal monitors have the vesa on the back. But the problem I had was that the vesa mountings holes where built-in the monitors case. If you need to remove the the monitor case just take a look at how you are going to mount it first. Most people just hide the monitor behind the bezel.

Actually I just used a real tv in my arcade. It had bolt ups on the side. Worked perfect and I just mounted the pcb and other things on a board behind the screen

eguvama3.jpg

hybeda3y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kondorito
      Hey guys!
      This is the complete (I think) set of NEC PC Engine cases in 3D. 
      Thank you @SupraKarma for your awesome japan jewel cases templates (black and white). I did some minor modifications over them, but the template base is all you my friend!
      The 2D covers are originally from Tatsuya (from the Libretro forums), but I corrected some stuff in them and changed some color properties.
      The set consists in black and white jewel cases (as the PC Engine games did not come in boxes like Turbografx-16).
      The PC Engine games were produced in black jewel cases until the end of '91, and then started releasing in white cases. I reviewed the release date of each of the +300 games so the cases are accurate to it.
      I must say that I was not able to find proper spine scans for each game, and I did not want to search for them one by one, so what I did is a similar process like I did for the Famicom 3D box set; I created a default spine, and the color of it is customized per game. 
      Enjoy!
    • By Wolf5
      I am searching for a square/4:3 monitor that would fit my arcade cabinet. Which is about 25"x25". I am guessing around a 24" monitor/tv would fit.
      An company or site, monitor or TV, hell I would even consider a CRT!
      Thanks in advance!!
    • By SupraKarma
      Credit for this set goes to

@goofers - 3D PAL jewel case template
      @Black Hazor - source scans, downloads, and photos
      @Avar - source scans, feedback, and artistic direction
      @fire10 -  PAL jewel cases, feedback and artistic direction
      @SupraKarma - project lead

This set includes jewel case/DVD case 3D art for every game in the [Official] Sega Dreamcast xml, which you can find here. 

Special thanks goes to @JSinn and @Kondorito. Your insight and constructive criticism has made me more aware as a graphic artist. Thank you for taking the time to help me improve.

This set is dedicated to the massive media contributors. As much as I'd like to name people by name, I'd probably forget some very important contributors, and I don't want to do that. If you've sacrificed your time - the most valuable commodity we all have in this life - to make HyperSpin more enjoyable for everyone, this is for you. You are the backbone of this entire community, and in a very real sense - HyperSpin itself.

I had no idea how much work this project was going to be when I started it. I thought I'd have it done in a week, and I underestimated it greatly. There were many unforeseeable obstacles that slowed down progress and turned a one week project into a 2 month project. I have newfound respect for HyperSpin contributors that I didn't before. This set, while not perfect, is as close as I will ever come to putting out A+++ artwork. It is certainly better than I had imagined it would be when I first started it - and I am proud to present on behalf of my co-contributors the [OFFICIAL] HyperSpin Sega Dreamcast 3D Jewel Case Art HD set.

Enjoy. 
    • By godisnothere
      Ok here goes nothing. I wonder if anyone else had this same problem I encountered.
      I bought a x-arcade tankstick that I configured to work for my hyperspin setup. IT worked flawlessly. Until I decided to change from having it hooked up to my tv at max resolution of 1360x768 to a pc monitor at full hd resolution of 1920x1080. now When I launch hyperspin the wheels just keep spinning endlessly . no controls seem to work. So I went to hyperHQ and turned off the trackball and it works fine. but without a trackball. everything works fine if I switch the resolution back down to 1360x 768. then I can turn the trackball back on and everything is back to normal.
      My question is: Is there a way that I can have both 1920x1080 resolution and a working trackball? Im forced to lower the resolution if I Want to use my trackball. ITs getting pretty frustrating. I doubt anybody here has had the same problem. BUt if you have a tankstick at home try changing the resolution and see if the same problem occurs for you and let me know how to fix it.  PLEASE!