Sign in to follow this  
EpicGod

Arcade controllers paint question

I am looking to paint my new arcade controls - (top knobs only) Normally I would just go and replace them with colored ones but is it possible to lightly paint on them? If so, what kind of paint do you recommend?

See image below.

post-21192-0-56345400-1462759260.jpeg

• Upvote 1

If you look they have spray paint especially for plastic!! I did two coats of paint and then did two coats of clear spray poly to protect the paint!! You have to let each coat dry properly and then when youre done don't handle them for at least a couple of days to make sure they cure otherwise they will feel tacky to the touch and leave fingerprints!!!

Rustoleum Painters Touch 2X Ultra Cover Paint+Primer and towards the bottom in yellow it says also bonds to plastic. The clear I used is Minwax fast drying Polyurethane clear gloss!!

The top link is a dead end but the bottom one is the right one for clear!! heres a picture for the right kind just pick the color you want...

post-33863-0-65223000-1462817919_thumb.jpg

If i understand you correctly,  spray the joystick with two coats of color. Spray once, let it dry, spray again let it dry... then use the Polyurethane. then let it dry for a few days - one coat or two for the Polyurethane ?

Yeah spray the color, let it dry then do the second coat and once it's completely dry to the touch then put on a coat of Poly, let that dry and then put on a second coat of poly then don't touch it for at least two to three days!! You may be able to get away with only one coat of Poly but I did two just to make sure!!  Make sure you do light coats otherwise you'll get runs in the paint and the Poly!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By medic
      Good day ladies and gentlemen. I have a question for you all. Where would you recommend to purchase controls. I've researched companies but I seem to only find the two from the UK. What I'm looking for is a set of joysticks with buttons for a 2 player set up. Roller ball / trackball as well as 2 guns. I was hoping to purchase as a complete set but I guess its not required ( as long as they are all compatible ). This will be my first arcade build so please bare with this newbie. It will be a pc based system utilizing the usb. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank and have a great day!
    • By FastSpin
      Hallo Leute,
      Ich hoffe ich stelle keine schon gefragten Fragen. Ich versuche gerade verzweifelt Hyperspin mit Rockelauncher mit einem Joystick zu installieren. Leider klappt die Steuerung überhaupt nicht, weder Tastatur noch Joystick mit JoyToKey.
      Ich bin nach folgender Anleitung https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-hyperspin-mame-hyperlaunch-full-guide/ und https://gameroomsolutions.com/hyperspin-controller-setup-with-joytokey-and-gamepad/ gegangen
      leider bekomme ich es überhaupt nicht hin. Ich führe die Programme auch als Administrator unter Win10 aus.
      Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen. Irgendwas in der Englischen Anleitung übersehe ich oder verstehe es nicht. Natürlich benötigt Ihr dazu weitere Infos aber wegen der Komplexität mache ich noch keine Screenshots von sämtlichen Konfigs hier rein. Sagt mir einfach was Ihr wissen müsst um mir helfen zu können. Auch ein Aufschalten per Teamviewer wäre möglich.
      Ich hoffe Ihr könnt mir helfen. Schöne Grüße aus der Klingenstadt
    • By catslovedogs
      Your expert help is requested:

I have freshly installed for HS 1.4 and RL but ran into a snag when testing my setup after enabling the XIN-MO controllers in HYPERHQ.
      It was my understanding that version 1.4 brings support for Joystick navigation without the need for a key-mapper.
      Is there an additional step beyond enabling the "Joystick" in HYPERHQ?
    • By Avar
      Felt the need to do as part of ongoing developments but thought I'd take the time to upload it for anyone on 16:9 who wished they could use the default artwork. Cheers!
    • By GeraldVegas
      I am currently in the process of converting a PandoraBox cabinet into a Mame machine and so purchased a Jamma  -> USB card.  The card is seen in windows (10 64 bit) as two 3H Dual Arcade controllers but when I go to check the joysticks or buttons the PC is not receiving any of the inputs.
      I could have a broken card or the wiring in this cabinet is not standard Jamma.  Can anyone tell me if the wiring for PandoraBox is standard? (When I connect everything back up it all works with the PandoraBox cartridge).  I have uploaded a pic of the card incase anyone recognises it.  (All I did was remove the Pandorabox cartridge and connect this card in its place.)
      Appreciate any help / support!