Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mini-Pin X Build

njay

damn there still working on the wood , they where busy they tolled me damnit ooh well should be done today hopefully

on the side of buttons i will use

2 for flippers

1 add credit

1 start game

1 for up in hyperpin fe

1 for down in hyperpin fe

1 for select in hyperpin fe

1 for esc in hyperspin fe

1 for shutdown pc connect to the mobo

1 for something else :P

10 in total should be enough :P

Copy that from another thread, that's mine:

I have only 10 buttons in my minicab - would integrate not more in a big size cab too.

1 left flipper

1 right flipper

1 start game

1 insert coin

1 ESC - back to hyperpin

1 service

1 test

1 special 1

1 special 2

1 start ball in some tables

That's the futurepinball buttons I need (can save 1 or 2 buttons, I don´t need a to play)

And of course my self made mechanical plunger, works very well. Works like a real plunger in real machine.

Need only two cables (connected to I-PAC) and one ring and of course a little bit work

http://img269.imageshack.us/i/imgp0736z.jpg/ (that was a test to try it out)

http://img136.imageshack.us/i/imgp0752.jpg/ (here is it final)

All is connected on a I-PAC.

Question for you: Why the extra buttons for Hyperpin? Or do I forget anything - I think yes, but what?

I have test it out, Hyperpin use flipper-buttons (shift) for up and down.

and "Enter" is the same how shut ball up (I do my plunger back and let him go fast back)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are the shots of the wood work some pieces are a little to long and i calculated that the backbox monitor could stand on its pedal but my measurements where off its fits without the stand but i now i have to find a way without screwing it to the backplate because my speakers are behind the monitor

it all standy losely so dont pay attention to that

thanks to melon for his picture of his measurments

post-11482-142870571536_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571537_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571538_thumb.jpg

post-11482-14287057154_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571544_thumb.jpg

thanks for the kind words:

what does everyone use for they glass? what type?

also i need a good idea to cover the monitor bezel around the edges i was thinking of light grey foam to cut out and mask the monitor edges like this

thanks for the kind words:

what does everyone use for they glass? what type?

also i need a good idea to cover the monitor bezel around the edges i was thinking of light grey foam to cut out and mask the monitor edges like this

For my full sized machine, I used heat tempered glass. For my mini, I used clear plexi. On both machines I used tape and flat black paint on the backside for the bezel. Comes out nice and shiny on the front.

I take "macrolon" it's art of polycarbonat.

I buy it for small money on EBAY.

It is light, flexible I can cut it buy myself and the most important for me "I can not broken it by myself to fast" - would not test it out with real glas.

Read some arcticles about polycarbonat, plexi etc. and other plastics, polycarbonat have the best properties for that what want to do with it.

To cover the display bezel I tape a black paper on the polycarbonat - the display is behind it. You can see it on my pictures.

One tip have I for you, when you have a printer with ink not with laser, print the black paper out, cut in out then tape it to biger paper.

I has gone to a paper shop, buy 2 big paper in black, but they gloss (the same with laser printer) that looks not good. The print out black paper isn't it. Looks better through the macrolon.

Take biger paper over 100g/m² then it's more stable, try it out - wish you luck and can't wait for pictures when it is finish ;)

ok i added the ipac2 and configured it now all buttons work so i dont need my keyboard anymore

im still bondering about what to use as a backbox bezel and also how to cover up my playfield monitor bezel i was thinking some foam strips black or grey any ideas anyone on this?

thanks for the help will post pics and vids tommorow

ok i added the ipac2 and configured it now all buttons work so i dont need my keyboard anymore

im still bondering about what to use as a backbox bezel and also how to cover up my playfield monitor bezel i was thinking some foam strips black or grey any ideas anyone on this?

thanks for the help will post pics and vids tommorow

I put my backglass monitor tight to the plexi. I painted the backside of the plexi with a flat black spray bomb and painters tape. The front comes out nice and shiny.

good idea rawd can you post a pic of it? would be awesome

I don't have any pictures of the backglass, but I did the same process with the playfield glass. Here are some pictures..

dsc04419q.th.jpg

dsc04420v.th.jpg

dsc04421.th.jpg

dsc04422.th.jpg

dsc04423.th.jpg

Shiny finish...

dsc04313a.th.jpg

I did the same thing with the plexi on my mini-cab...

dsc03533i.th.jpg

If any of the paint bleeds through the painters tape, then re-tape the painted portion and use solvent or a blade to take it off (don't use a blade on plexi).

rawd, your bezel is of some sort of cardboard? you taped that to the plexiglass ?

No no. I used the white choroplast just to stop the paint from hitting the glass (less expensive than a full roll of tape) :)

The brown cardboard that you see, is just under the glass for protection. (protect the glass, and the garage floor from paint)

In the first few pictures you can see that I measured and lined up where I wanted the tape. The small pieces of blue tape are on the other side. I used those as a guide for where I wanted the bezel to end. Use a straight edge to line up your painters tape. Then just spray the whole edge (2 coats, wait for it to dry in between). Then peel off the tape (final picture).

The final product is just flat black paint stuck to the backside of the glass/plexi.

Edit: Looking at that first picture, I can see how you might get confused. The glass looks like a piece of cardboard because this was the second piece I painted (I built 2 full size cabs). I dropped the second piece down in the exact same spot on the cardboard as the first, so the paint 'edge' on the cardboard creates that illusion. :) In the second picture you can see the light shining off of the glass.

Rawd, really a brilliant idea :) i will start on the glass in the new year to busy at the moment.

Does anyone now a graphic artist then can print sideart for me and wants some dollars?

i want my cab to have medieval madness sideart but custom made for my cab size

willing to pay good dollars for the work

well im going to paint on monday lol i was lazey the last few days

first sand the mdf then apply primer then sand again then primer

then black glossy finish

then hopefully lord hiryu will have my art ready and wham another step closer

Here are some progress pics including IPAC connecting

filling up the screw holes (i am a noob i used on some holes to much filler after sanding and primer you would still see the filler but luckily the art stickers go on that sides )

and priming the base tommorow the black finish will be added

post-11482-142870571598_thumb.jpg

post-11482-1428705716_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571601_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571602_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571604_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571605_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571606_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571607_thumb.jpg

Archived