Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperList Update 05/18/2016

Circo

I have seen

Updated 4 databases:

Commodore PET

Nintendo Satellaview

Nintendo Wii U

ScummVM

You can download them here

I have seen many date databases has been updated but number of roms are the same. Does someting changed or just changed the date?

Updated 4 databases:

Commodore PET

Nintendo Satellaview

Nintendo Wii U

ScummVM

You can download them here

Thanks for sorting these as alway circo.

I have seen

I have seen many date databases has been updated but number of roms are the same. Does someting changed or just changed the date?

As black has mentioned, mainly just fixes and updates - with a few new db's in the mix too.

Each database has its own thread, so you can check those for specific changes.

As black has mentioned, mainly just fixes and updates - with a few new db's in the mix too.

Each database has its own thread, so you can check those for specific changes.

Thanks for your response. I'll take a look and update my databases. Thanks for your great work!

Thanks for your response. I'll take a look and update my databases. Thanks for your great work!

I just randomly press buttons and see what happens! Some of the other guys have done way more than me.

I found a problem with "Commodore 16 & Plus4" Database. It says EntityName on Line 4 Col 27, but can't find it. Maybe the "&" sign?

If that's happening with a renamer - it's the fault of the renamer. Dons and other cant handle the & in the title.

If that's happening with a renamer - it's the fault of the renamer. Dons and other cant handle the & in the title.

Nop, it happens in RocketLauncherUI when audit ROMs. It says Error parsing database file: Make sure database is well formed and points to the EntityName

If the header contains an & instead of & for the system name that's probably it. I know there were other systems in the past where this was an issue.

Ah yes - good call. Forgot if edited my version of this db.

If the header contains an & instead of & for the system name that's probably it. I know there were other systems in the past where this was an issue.

Thats it! I replaced & for &   and everything seems to works good now.

Thanks!

I have a question about HyperSpin Databases and name convention:  Which romsets are used to make Databases? TOSEC? No-Intro? Goodsets? I haven't found a complete romset that matches all roms 100% with Databases.  :teehee:

That's because it's a combination of a bunch of different sets, we try to include all available playable games that meet the standards. The naming convention used is a modified version of No-Intro's style, you can read more about the HS naming convention here.

Thanks for your prompt response. I'll take a look. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the list of emulators and 'best emulator for each system' on RocketLauncher's site: http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?2803-Best-Emulator-For-Each-System is top notch and I'd love to see a similar, all in one place, database list. These would compare official (ones you get in HyperSync) vs. forum posted updated / custom ones. I find in my many postings that I am using a non suggested or out of date xml, even when getting the latest from HyperSync. Simply Austin's download packs are great, but I thought (perhaps foolishly) they may be older since the vids were from last year.  Then forum members (thank you agent47 in particular!) have attached better xmls that fixed my out of date ones. I have to remember in HyperSync NOT to update some databases accidentally.. ugh.

Can I help anyone put all this great information in one spot?

I enjoy trimming down to 1G1R game lists and this would best show me where if and any gaps are that I could help update. I used to do this organizing YEARS ago with my collections and I adore that standardized universal lists exist... all thanks to you guys and gals!

There is a nice shiny Databases tab where such things may already exist, however is the page down? When I go to the Databases tab, a login prompt appears (even though I am logged in) and while a re-logon does nothing, all that shows in multiple browser tests is an empty template:

Official System Statistics
System Name Total Games Version Last Update Who Last Updated? Download

Unofficial System Statistics

I think the list of emulators and 'best emulator for each system' on RocketLauncher's site: http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?2803-Best-Emulator-For-Each-System is top notch and I'd love to see a similar, all in one place, database list. These would compare official (ones you get in HyperSync) vs. forum posted updated / custom ones. I find in my many postings that I am using a non suggested or out of date xml, even when getting the latest from HyperSync. Simply Austin's download packs are great, but I thought (perhaps foolishly) they may be older since the vids were from last year.  Then forum members (thank you agent47 in particular!) have attached better xmls that fixed my out of date ones. I have to remember in HyperSync NOT to update some databases accidentally.. ugh.

Can I help anyone put all this great information in one spot?

I enjoy trimming down to 1G1R game lists and this would best show me where if and any gaps are that I could help update. I used to do this organizing YEARS ago with my collections and I adore that standardized universal lists exist... all thanks to you guys and gals!

There is a nice shiny Databases tab where such things may already exist, however is the page down? When I go to the Databases tab, a login prompt appears (even though I am logged in) and while a re-logon does nothing, all that shows in multiple browser tests is an empty template:

Official System Statistics

Unofficial System Statistics

I maintain a central list of all of this.  I'm currently bringing it up to date.  Once it's up to date, I'll update the threads we already have for this info.

Whilst doing that, I'm also making sure that the database dev thread, download section and HyperList/Base (when it's back online) are all synced up.  This is gonna take some time, but it's happening.  Once it's all up to date, HyperList will be show the stats etc.

For now, if you want the latest bleeding edge db's - just check the development threads.

Archived