jhabers

HyperSpin 1.4.16 Released!

I happened to be watching spy when you posted it and grabbed it right before the avalanche of themes took over the feed :teehee:

Amazing!! Jhabers are you secretly Bbb

Possible enhancement request lol

1. Hyperspeech from buggie man support again

2. full letter jump support for multiple numbers

3. Genre option for main menu. Ie. Console wheel, genres would be each system genre, within each wheel allow game genre

4. Wide screen support

5. Rate game 5 star system

6. Main menu wheel description/year

7. Ability to scrape info and graphics

8. Ability for multiple favorites and rename the favorite text per one

9. Swf support and swf in hyper theme

10. Allow for special art c2 to display custom favorite genre wheel art. Ie when you select a genre you can display special genre art. However when you select favorites, you are unable to have favorite png art as "genre"

11. Ability to display letter jump when wheel has fewer than 24 games

Plz and thanks!!!

• Upvote 2

Well hot damn! Video smoothing you say? It just so happens nearly my entire Main Menu is Cinematic themes...
Errr... can we just drop this exe over our old exe or is there a process we need to follow?

EDIT: Couldn't wait. Took the risk and Jjst dumped it in there

Well hot damn! Video smoothing you say? It just so happens nearly my entire Main Menu is Cinematic themes...

Errr... can we just drop this exe over our old exe or is there a process we need to follow?

Just drop the EXE over the old one :)

Yep. Already did. Couldn't wait for your answer ha!

All my themes magically look better, like I'm running them as SWF's, but I run them all MP4 style. They all look noticeably sharper. Thanks for this!

• Upvote 2

Nice! Hyperspin in full development...awesome news!!!

I've been using the mp4 version of each cinematic theme due to performance issues. The swf version would take 2-3 seconds to load despite having a decent enough PC. Has that been improved?  

This was 1 of the goals of The HyperSpin Cinematic Project all along.

Unbelievable to finally see it come to fruition... Thanks to everybody that has followed along with my thread, and thanks to the ones who have taken to the Cinematic/Video approach.

HD Video is HERE!

THIS IS GREAT!!

• Upvote 4

Nice! Hyperspin in full development...awesome news!!!

I've been using the mp4 version of each cinematic theme due to performance issues. The swf version would take 2-3 seconds to load despite having a decent enough PC. Has that been improved?  

Yes.

• Upvote 1

Yippee! Another incentive for me to get my sickly gaming PC up and running again. I haven't touched HyperSpin for ages and need to get back into it.

Its coming soon! And I'm not leading you on. HyperSpin is back in FULL development!

I hope this is true.I loved this frontend but the lack of developement seriously has given me 0 hope the past few years.

• Upvote 2

Please, please, please.....

Can we have default themes, that pick up from artwork folders.

Ideally, I'd have just two themes for my entire system (like as in simply mainmenu-theme.zip and gamemenu-theme.zip) - one for the main menu, and one for game level menu - with each picking the particulars from the artwork folders.  This would give a standard look across the front-end and would reduce the amount of themes needed. 

I've been moving all my stuff to Launchbox and now this. I don't know what to do. Guess i will wait and see what hyperspin comes up with.

• Upvote 2

Yep. Already did. Couldn't wait for your answer ha!

All my themes magically look better, like I'm running them as SWF's, but I run them all MP4 style. They all look noticeably sharper. Thanks for this!

hey mealzoic,

i was just wondering what exactly you mean by "mp4 style"? aren't all the cinematic themes mp4's that are embedded or called up by an .swf?

cheers

tim

• Upvote 1

hey mealzoic,

i was just wondering what exactly you mean by "mp4 style"? aren't all the cinematic themes mp4's that are embedded or called up by an .swf?

cheers

tim

Yes, they normally run as SWF's with embedded video, this let them display at their best quality in HS, but caused other issues (lag, delays, attract mode issues, sound glitch issues etc...)

MP4 style is running them just like any other theme with no SWF at all, just an MP4 in the videos folder and theme.zip in the themes folder like normal. The video playback wasn't as sharp (still looked good though), but fixed all the issues and performs better.

This update just made it so the MP4 style looks as sharp and good as the SWF style. (but with all the added benefits of MP4 style)

• Upvote 1

I've been moving all my stuff to Launchbox and now this. I don't know what to do. Guess i will wait and see what hyperspin comes up with.

Yep, this. Was planning to purchase Big Box this weekend but might hold off now;  I want meta data info with my games though so unless this feature is added in HS I still might lean towards Big Box.

• Upvote 1

hey mealzoic,

cheers

tim

That's just terminology on my thread.

MP4 style is just referring to the regular way you make a theme.

With smoothing added to HyperSpin you can now just create a regular theme with HyperTheme and not worry about having to call the MP4 from a seperate location.

• Upvote 1

Yes... im already using BigBox but if I can use 4:3 and 16:9 themes I already have in a nice and easy way that will be super :)

And yes metadata is a feature we need in hyperspin hyperbase.

Enviado desde mi 3SQ mediante Tapatalk

Its coming soon! And I'm not leading you on. HyperSpin is back in FULL development!

How come this surprise and Great news/ movement on Hyperspin.

This should be Worth a news for all

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk