Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Nugen/viewlix inspired mini build

Now finished

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157602613@N02/ZXzHdC

This started out as a mini version of a popular nugen sit Down cab I spotted.

But to be honest it's gone a different direction.

So far all I've done is cut out a rough hard board shape to see what she'll look like...I'd say it's more of a coffee table top rather than a bartop machine..

6578dc1eee9d9353692f704e76d9b7dd.jpg

This is what I have so far..

The back curved piece will be kerfed mdf or maybe even glass to see inside.

26 inch wide screen full atx geforce 780ti from my previous gaming pc..

ffd8f8e95d100cb243d7006a55f3aa50.jpg

Ignore the colours..just messing about

343f25fbdc1828f89d8e8fb16ec6af12.jpg

What do you all think..shall I bother!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

2017-08-06_08-29-34.jpg

20170804_143850.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The height of the screen will probably be double what my bartop is so not suitable for a normal table height, more so for a coffee table that you'd have in front of your sofa...

Also the angle of the screen will be alot better than most bartops I see that suffer from the viewing angle being to far back...

Im definately thinking of a clear curved back panel and even a clear front panel to allow you to see inside...

I like the shape - makes a change from the standard bartop / weecade style. Like you, I think the screen in those is angled back too far and will definitely have my screen more upright when I eventually build my cab.

What screen are you planning to use? Was 26 inch a typo? I can't find one that size and might have to use a Dell 25 inch if 27 is too big.

1f4850883236a0ab6ff6a6168b31228d.jpg5b61fcfca62f05a66d46df835d416a45.jpg

The Base will be as thin as possible probably about 2 inch at the back..

Pci express riser ribbon will tilt the gfx card towards the perspex rear piece which should allow for some good views through the clear control panel.

Will have to be super neat with the wiring etc...

Made some good progress today..riser ribbon for gfx card has arrived. Anybody had any issues with these..it's the flexible type.

Made a mock up to make sure everything will fit, will be tight but I want the cab as small as possible but still sturdy enough to play hard on.

I've got some surprises for what I'm going to do inside the cab which will all be visible through the plexiglass window.

Just need to purchase the monitor/psu and joysticks and buttons and I'm good to start.

Will keep you all updated...

It's gonna be an epic cab I can feel it!!!!!

Can anybody confirm if the dell U2515h monitor remembers it's power state after power has been cut..so no access to power button on monitor is required...

I have a BenQ and it remembers... even after pulling the plug.

For any uk people don't buy your 18mm ply from b and q...it's shite...thought something was wrong kept splitting and layers busting out, edges were pealing away..then went to local builders merchant there 18mm ply has 12 layers..B&Q only 8 layers!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be filling it with wood filler..I've created a bit of a problem to be honest as I'm not sure how I'll get the edge to.look right now should of beveled the edge first before I cut the kerf.

Might have to scrap the trackball then if that's the case. It's really wide and I'll struggle to fit it all in unless I can fit it turned 90 degrees

Some progress today

Loosely screwed up using those joining blocks. I'll be changing these for something more permanent eventually.

bb7d942773608e2e1158b3138b0bb5d8.jpg

Just needed to get it together to see if every thing will fit..

4dea2e65a8fe986d14eb50491ade7c7b.jpg

b9b28954eb88dd6018e6c05416a6fb5e.jpg

7caa3900d07d29d9c40992000b740a26.jpg

The black spacers will be changed for chrome ones. The gap is to allow air to enter the sides into 2 92mm fans that will be drawing air into the case.

There's another panel missing from the top about 4 inches deep that will house the speakers and tweeters.

Plexiglas curved etched panel will cover the rear and Plexiglas in the front so the whole insides can be seen. All lit up of course.

Thanks for looking

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived