Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Worklog: Custom Vewlix - My first build

manicshere

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good! Are the sides and the "base" (the lower part where the PC goes in) still separate pieces at this point of the build? So they can be painted white and black (or any other colours of course) easily?

And another question: The backpanels are not shown here, but on Maxime's website they seem to pretty much seal the back of the machine, but the site shows mostly renders it seems (http://www.arcadefromscratch.com/index.php/modeles/la-borne-hd) , so I wonder how they fit on your machine in real life?

Keep up the great work, looks to be an awesome machine! Thanks for sharing!

I have most likely already asked this question somewhere here, but would like some suggestions for speakers to use in this cab. I've been looking around and done some testing, but found nothing I like or there's an issue with the formfactor. Hoping to get some responds so I can finish this up.

I have most likely already asked this question somewhere here, but would like some suggestions for speakers to use in this cab. I've been looking around and done some testing, but found nothing I like or there's an issue with the formfactor. Hoping to get some responds so I can finish this up.

Not sure whether you want to go 'authentic' or not. The rest of your awesome and accurate build indicates that you might! I used the Logitech Z-5450 running in dual stereo mode. Left and right channels both come out of 2 sets of speakers whilst retaining the use of the subwoofer.

IMG_0777Vewlix.jpg

Edit: I de-cased them:

IMG_0773.jpg

Mounted them on MDF board:

IMG_0774.jpg

And found some fairly authentic looking speaker grilles:

Speaker3.jpg

Not sure what you mean in your second question.

What I meant is: have you made the back panels already? And if so, could you share how their shape fits? From what I can see, they have a special chamfer?

@emixama: I'll PM you. I quit facebook and don't want to hijack this thread.

But again Manicshere, great build so far!

What I meant is: have you made the back panels already? And if so, could you share how their shape fits? From what I can see, they have a special chamfer?

@emixama: I'll PM you. I quit facebook and don't want to hijack this thread.

But again Manicshere, great build so far!

You can see some pictures of an another real build.

Maxime

post-43950-142870654499_thumb.jpg

post-43950-142870654485_thumb.jpg

post-43950-142870654493_thumb.jpg

Update!
How have I not finished yet?
Simple. Other projects and life has simply gotten in the way. 
Everything has been primed and sanded as seen in the picture below.

wDizwO4.png

I'm actually a bit further with the build, but that will be in my next update.
For now I've reuploaded all images and reorganized the worklog, next update should be a lot more exciting.

On 20/11/2016 at 1:11 AM, manicshere said:

Update!
How have I not finished yet?
Simple. Other projects and life has simply gotten in the way. 
Everything has been primed and sanded as seen in the picture below.

wDizwO4.png

I'm actually a bit further with the build, but that will be in my next update.
For now I've reuploaded all images and reorganized the worklog, next update should be a lot more exciting.

Nice works buddy! Love it

Recieved and applied my artwork today.

Marquee

jjsS7Lp.png

CP

xmpssbC.png

Artwork applied
Not the best pictures, but Bradley did a great job on these.

FonZLIG.jpg

Texture of the CP

DPDqJaG.jpg

Reverse printet Marquee
Got some bubbles. Lesson learned for next time I guess.

U9y0spJ.jpg

Credit goes to @SubZero for designing these. Had to redraw all of it because the original file got corrupted.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:11 PM, manicshere said:

Recieved and applied my artwork today.

Credit goes to @SubZero for designing these. Had to redraw all of it because the original file got corrupted.

very nice :) I had a few air bubbles in mine i used a pin to prick then warmed up very slightly with hair drier then used a decorators roller to flatten 

TL13878-40.jpg

16 minutes ago, manicshere said:

@Samorite Thanks for the tip!

Today I made some progress. Back and front of the lower segment have been mounted.

V3NrQIq.png

So many things have been finished and just needs to be assembled.
Not in that big of a hurry though as it's way to cold to paint atm.

Thanks one thing I found even painting in quite a warm Autumn, the damn drying time. When you just want to get on and get it done.

I'd go back to the garage, pick up a piece I'd painted and leave a dirty great fingerprint on it or return to find flies trying to get themselves off the paint trap. In know there's little fly legs still under that paint work.

• 2 months later...

Hello I have been follow your post.  I have bought plan from arcadefromscratch.com and I see it use 22mm and 18mm boards.  So my question was did you use 22mm and 18mm or just 18mm?  Because I ask you the question is, there are no 22 mm in the hardware stores. Thanks

Archived