nblakef

MAME GENRE ISSUES

I'm not sure where i messed up, but now when i'm in Mame and bring up the Genre's, there are only "Climbing" and "All Games".  I'm currently running Mame .175.  Where is the Genre file located?  Should i download a new one, if so where? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Your MAME genre.xml is located in your HyperSpin/Databases/MAME folder. Open the genre.xml and make sure that all of your genres are listed in there then make sure there's an xml for each genre in that folder as well. If you have the Wheels Only filter on in HyperHQ that will hide any genres that don't have wheel art.

If you want to generate new genre xmls you can use the Split HyperList app from Don's Tools that can be found in the download section.

thanks for your help.  It looks like the genre files i downloaded with Mame .175 needed to be renamed in order to work.

thanks for your help.  It looks like the genre files i downloaded with Mame .175 needed to be renamed in order to work.

What? What genre files you downloaded?