Jump to content
ro1and

Renaming issues for PS1 on RetroArch

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am having issues with renaming roms for the Playstation using RetroArch. The ones I am having trouble are the ones that have (En,Es,etc.) or (v.01 etc.). Basically the ones that you have to rename to match the XML database. I know you have to make sure the cue file matches the bin file. So I change the cue file on notepad to match the XML. Now How do I make sure the bin file matches the XML?? Do I check the bin file on note pad too?? or what is the procedure to make this work. Thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cue file simply points to the bin file.  So Make sure the actual name of the cue and bin are the same.  Then edit the cue file in notepad so once again the main file matches the name.  You do not need to rename each individual track.  

 

 

Hello,

I am having issues with renaming roms for the Playstation using RetroArch. The ones I am having trouble are the ones that have (En,Es,etc.) or (v.01 etc.). Basically the ones that you have to rename to match the XML database. I know you have to make sure the cue file matches the bin file. So I change the cue file on notepad to match the XML. Now How do I make sure the bin file matches the XML?? Do I check the bin file on note pad too?? or what is the procedure to make this work. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The names of the cue file and the bin file do not need to match each other, although some people (myself included) prefer them to. The name of the cue file needs to match the database name as that is the file that the emu will load. After opening the cue file in notepad you need to make sure the bin file name(s) listed match the file name(s) of the actual bin file(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. But I still can't get it. It will be the death of me. Lol 

I am making sure everything matches. Here is an example I'm stuck with: 

 

Area 51 (USA) (v1.0).7z     =  zip file

Area 51 (USA) (v1.0).bin    =  bin file

Area 51 (USA) (v1.0)          =  cue file

Area 51 (USA)                    =  database file (XML)

 

I use my 7z file and match with the database. (which gives me a green). Then I get my cue file and also match with database plus I open with notepad and change it there as well to match database. Then I get the bin file and change to match database as well. Now what am I missing???? you guys say I have to make sure the bin file matches the "file name" of the "actual file". ???  How can I tell what the bin file is matching too?? Do I also run the bin file with notepad? I tried so many ways to fix this and its driving me crazy. I know I am so close... thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Rename the cue to match xml name

-Rename the bin to match xml name

-Open the cue file using notepad and change the bin file listed to match the name of the bin file

-7z your files making sure the name of the 7z matches the xml

 

post-47647-0-42458200-1470115969_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...