Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Giga builds a cocktail table

gigapig

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2016 at 9:58 AM, shitoken said:

I am really jealous with your build bro :turned:

Thank you Shitoken.

BTW, I fixed my issue with the not being able to coin up Player 2. Sadly it was user error, the player start buttons have those open/closed micro switches, the way I had it wired was causing the coin to be added and the game starting straight away. Moving the wire fixed it.

After fixing that last night I got all the controls set for Mame at last.

Next problem is figuring out why RocketLauncher only seem to detect one UltraStik. I tried setting an Exit Emu combo and only one stick or control set is detected.

In other news, the gas struts I ordered arrived today, they have 150 newtons resistance and are very strong. They were a fiddle to fit and seemed to work OK but they bend the lid and I'm scared the glass would shatter so disconnected them. I'll look for a different solution.

2016-11-02 20.23.49.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

I really like the creamcicle colors. And the mini marquee is cool

Turned out nice man. Giga finally has a cab!

Creamcicle, :D I'm very please with the lid and glad to have got it built so I can spend the winter messing with the software. 

People complain about the "HyperSpin setup" but that's quite quick, it's the fine tuning, tweaking controls for certain games, adding missing art or manuals, Space invaders backgrounds. It really can be a life long job. ;)

1 hour ago, Agrajag said:

Surely the piggy is already branded?

Gigapig, how are you getting on with the UltraStiks?

And you know where ;)

Now I've used the Ultrasticks I do love them. I thought there would be lots of set up and yes the initial set up if you have more than one is a little bit complicated assigning each one the correct ID, but once done they work very well.

I found out that you can set them to Analogue and mame automatically sets whether they should be 4 or 8 way, the only one I needed a profile for was Q-Bert and boohiss sorted me out with a Q-Bert.ini to place in the Mame ini folder.

They show up as game pads so most emulators and PC games should be fine with them.

The only problem I had which I was gutted about was I broke the usb connector on stick no.3 (which is the pinball end.) The cable sticks out about 20 to 30mm and and either fowled on the wood or on the left flipper button and was almost ripped of the circuit board. I managed to strip it down glue some bits and solder it back on but the connection was dodgy.

Luckily you can buy spare boards so I fitted the new one yesterday with a right angle cable.

2016-11-29 13.24.36.jpg

1 hour ago, gigapig said:

That was a pleasant surprise, I thought the TTX pad_config would crash but no it worked OK.

You have Ultra Sticks? I've made multiple topics about Ultrasticks but my questions never get answered. Now that you have them will you be my guinie pig? HAHhahahHAHAHHAHAHAhhhhahahahAH... aHHH.. HA.. HAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAhahahHAHhaHhaahha... god I crack myself up.

Seriously, I've been wanting to rebuild my CP with these for a year, but can never get my damn questions answered. The TTX issue was one of my questions and you just answered it. Although which version iPac are you using again?

Do you have them plugged in via USB as well as wired into the encoder?

Also can you (at some point) check to see it they will work when VJoy is active and running.

And (I know you don't use it), will you please check to see if AAE update #2 will even launch without crashing while using these (don't need to set it up or have roms... just try launching the exe with U-sticks plugged in USB style)

2 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

You have Ultra Sticks? I've made multiple topics about Ultrasticks but my questions never get answered. Now that you have them will you be my guinie pig? HAHhahahHAHAHHAHAHAhhhhahahahAH... aHHH.. HA.. HAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAhahahHAHhaHhaahha... god I crack myself up.

Seriously, I've been wanting to rebuild my CP with these for a year, but can never get my damn questions answered. The TTX issue was one of my questions and you just answered it. Although which version iPac are you using again?

Do you have them plugged in via USB as well as wired into the encoder?

Also can you (at some point) check to see it they will work when VJoy is active and running.

And (I know you don't use it), will you please check to see if AAE update #2 will even launch without crashing while using these (don't need to set it up or have roms... just try launching the exe with U-sticks plugged in USB style)

I'll answer the ones I know and get back about the rest.

Still using AAE, tut tut ;)

I buy an ipac 2 but never needed to use it, so I'm just using the 8 buttons. The new ultrastik firmware which they should ship with has a shift function giving you another 7 buttons.

VJOY, I know what it is but not used it. What are you using it for.

I use JoyToKey to control HS and for those tricky emulators.

I'll let you know about AAE once I get it set up. dirty. :(

VJoy I use with one off pc games that won't work with an IPAC such as MKX. Might not matter with Usticks in USB mode, but I'd like to know for sure.

And I prefer AAE to MAME. Up through 175 at least. Haven't updated since then.

To bad you're only using USB style. I'm curious how it works when it's setup both ways at the same time. You don't happen to have the rotary upgrade for them do you? That's how I want mine.

Sent from my SM-G935V

4 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:

VJoy I use with one off pc games that won't work with an IPAC such as MKX. Might not matter with Usticks in USB mode, but I'd like to know for sure.

And I prefer AAE to MAME. Up through 175 at least. Haven't updated since then.

To bad you're only using USB style. I'm curious how it works when it's setup both ways at the same time. You don't happen to have the rotary upgrade for them do you? That's how I want mine.

Sent from my SM-G935V

No I didn't bother withe the rotary upgrade, buying 4 Ultrastiks cost enough with those as well.

You either wire them to your buttons or to your ipac or wire the buttons to the Ultrastik and then also have the ipac for extra buttons or service buttons

22 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

Just finished up checking AAE, first thing is still looks horrible ;) secondly it still crashes with update 2.

2016-11-30 14.47.45.jpg

Archived