ratzy82

HLSL not working in Hyperspin

I'm Currently running Mame 177 and have HLSL tunred on. Mame.exe runs it fine and the effect also works when I run it through rocketlauncher. The effect will not show up when I run Hyperspin. I'm at a loss on what the issue could be. Could Hyperspin not be properly configured with rocket launcher? or maybe its pulling from a stray .ini file?

If it's working through RL but not HyperSpin I'd say you don't have the two connected properly. Check this video to ensure you have everything set correctly.

• Upvote 1

ratzy82, did you end up working this out? I'm having the same issue, so thought I would ask.

Thanks

Try these settings in RL, the .ini path must be the one used by mame

mame.png

Ok I have been away from HS and RL for a while. I was reading this thread but for the life of me I can't get the HLSL working in HS or RL. It works fine when I launch it in MAME. I have the HLSL set to ini in RLUI but still not working.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, joe35car said:

Ok I have been away from HS and RL for a while. I was reading this thread but for the life of me I can't get the HLSL working in HS or RL. It works fine when I launch it in MAME. I have the HLSL set to ini in RLUI but still not working.

Thanks

Have you set the .ini path to mame.ini folder? Sometimes RL tends to not properly set the path, check the RL settings file.

Try also BGFX instead of HLSL, set video to BGFX, activate cheat and select the BGFX chain (crt geom deluxe rocks)

On 5/23/2019 at 5:44 PM, dark13 said:

Have you set the .ini path to mame.ini folder? Sometimes RL tends to not properly set the path, check the RL settings file.

Try also BGFX instead of HLSL, set video to BGFX, activate cheat and select the BGFX chain (crt geom deluxe rocks)

I set the path to the MAME ini folder in RLUI. Still not working.

Ok I finally got it working for both HLSL and GLSL. I just did a clean install on MAME and created a new ini. I'm using Lottes CRT shader will try the one you mentioned.

Thanks

• Like 1

Consider also another thing: with Arcade64 if you set the path of artworks (bezel and games that need graphic like "armour attack", "laguna racer", "space invaders deluxe", etc") shaders will NOT work.

Yes I have a separate ini for vector games. ;) I use Arcade64 once in a while but 99% of the time I use MAME64.

Yeah, mame64 is better (arcade64 can't run some games depending on the build) BUT it still shows infos before launchng the rom with games that have problems.

I'm still having issues with RL/HS. Going to try a clean install of mame also and see how that goes. Thanks once again for all the help :)

If anyone decides to go the HLSL route, let me know... like dark said, there are some different options.

Also, heads up on some rumors I'm hearing within the MAME developers group. Some users (not sure who) are complaining about some lag with BGFX (first I've heard of this) so they may make changes to it in the near future. Not trying to push people one way or the other, just give a heads up so that as we upgrade to new versions we do so with caution to keep things working how we want them to.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, connorlo said:

I'm still having issues with RL/HS. Going to try a clean install of mame also and see how that goes. Thanks once again for all the help :)

A clean install did the trick for me. But now I'm using BGFX crt-geom-deluxe. 😁