Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

UK CNC Service - Bespoke Design Ideas?

jq_quint

Hey folks,

Not posted for a long time, my last build was this time last year, converted a gambling machine for a friend which turned out awesome..  Since then however i've started to use my cnc router more and more and as a result have placed an 18mm kit on ebay.  The reason for the post however is an offer to create bespoke panels either for a complete bartop or simply just a modified control panel.  I have the cad/cam software to help where I can, this is purely a hobby for me so looking to offer competitive rates too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162399750257?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

(will probably change this kit to a t-mold routed panel kit once my new router tools arrive)

Due to its size my router is ideal for either bartops or even cocktail cabinets, full cabs may be possible but it would a little more setup thought.

Any thoughts on what people want or maybe something different, i'm all ears......

BARTOP.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks good, but wouldn't 12mm be better for a bartop? 
just seems more in proportion for a smaller machine.

Hi Mike,

Well that's interesting you say that, yes of course I can do 12mm no problem, so my question is do you find the combined weight of a 12mm machine stable enough? That was my thought behind 18mm you see.
Either way I can do any design any thickness.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iv'e found that 18mm seems a bit big for a bartop.
12mm seems to work ok and is lighter if needed to be moved, no issues with stability.

Ok fair enough, I guess my reasoning was based on how much I've seen how much stick my kids give my full size cabinet and assumed they'd push a 12mm unit about abit.....(and likewise other over enthusiastic players lol)....
I have some 12mm on order so will create a 12mm set also....

I guess while your online, what's your preference on extra button placement mike on the CP?
Is the preference these days to drop another x3 on the front panel? (one central)... so x5 on the front panel??

I've heard that engraving in extruded perspex doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Well run too hot and it'll probably gum up.. I have some Perspex here for a marquee for a mate, so I'll try on that, once my new engraving tools arrive I'll give it a go..

On 11/26/2016 at 9:19 PM, richie_jones said:

Yeah be good to see

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Richie - I haven't forgotten, engraving tools landed today, may get chance late sunday to give it a go, need to produce a few kits first though for a few folks..

On a separate note fella's woodruff tooling with me now, so 1.6mm or 2.35mm t-mold cuts also available where needed.... see link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162304434924?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Folks what are you all using as power sockets for your bartops? Was thinking of precutting a pocket for an IEC fused socket like this....  Would this be of use?  Or do you guys opt for something else? (i.e Flex runs straight from rear of cab)

iec socket.png

On 12/10/2016 at 11:29 AM, Samorite said:
something I wished I had on the flat pack was three buttons central on the main control panel for select, return & pause, May be add it as a upgrade option? and if you wanted to go the full hog at extra side buttons for tilt on pinball

Yeah I've since added the extra front panel holes, and the side holes are there too. ;)

Twin Bartop Model 14_12_16 pic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Folks, Just finished my latest project for Samorite for his cocktail cabinet refurb (

He needed a control panel box designing and cutting so after a fair few messages and many designs later we both settled for the below : ...  

Pics below are of final design :

Samorite Control Panel Rev 2 v47.png

Samorite Control Panel Rev 2 v45.png

Samorite Control Panel Rev 2 v51.png

Tony - Just writing the programs now (kids are watching Trolls), will be cut early next week.. ;)

Jamie

Hey jq....any luck with trying out some acrylic engraving??
I'm after a couple of small jobs doing..

Hey Richie, sent you a pm the other day.
What lettering style are you after, single line or deep width font, also what sort of depth, you looking for simple light engraved depth or a letter milled more like a pocket?

J

Hi sorry missed that..

I was after "Retrocade" engraved in the Mr Robot font. Letters to be about 3 inches high. Just lightly engraved to be back lit

Where in the UK are you based?

Right ok gotcha, so to be back lit and have any effect they'll need to have a width as apposed to a single line width I guess, I'll give it a go. I'm in the west mids mate.

Archived