ericleroi

R-Pod MkII Driving Simulator

Thanks hitchhikingflatlander :)

I'm getting a great deal of use out of the rig. I still need to add a few bits and pieces though.

Everyone I know thats into pit building never stop adding on, its like a disease! I started out with a Playseat and a couple peices of wood and now its something else entirely. Sure wish I had your pits looks, style and craftsmanship though.

I guess the next evolution will be something like this lol :)

@hitchhikingflatlander That's very true. Certainly a lot more to do until I can call the rig complete that's for sure!

@dark13 That would be awesome - I'd need a bigger room though. One day maybe .... one day ...

This was updated to make it VR capable which is the only way I play these days. I mounted an Oculus sensor to the hood behind the screen.

Oculus1_zpsfe8rmu0h.jpg

Oculus5_zpsczlkknls.jpg

I also upgraded the wheel base to the Fanatec Clubsport V2 (which has recently been replaced by the 2.5 .... typical).

CSW_V2_zpsukwynnjn.jpg

I still need to finish off the unpainted side cabinet ...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ericleroi said:

Appreciate the comments. VR is quite literally a game changer - it's a totally awesome experience!

Agreed. I was skeptical but the combined audiovisual illusion is very effective at immersing the brain! I'm excited for the future of it.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, hitchhikingflatlander said:

As if being bad ass wasn't enough you had to add VR! Nice man, amazing to watch the progress of your build, keep it up!

Thanks for that hhf :)