ticmike

Future Pinball No Roms In Audit Problem??

So ive set Future Pinball up and have all the roms (tables) set it all up in RL (poiniting to the correct folders) but it wouldnt find any roms in the audit, then I realised the names were not matching to the RL table names, so I renamed a couple identically (as I cut and pasted the correct names from RL) then tried an audit to see if it brought up the 2 tables i'd just renamed and it didnt.

Im all out of ideas if anyone has any that can help, please please let me know.

Ive added some pics of my file paths etc..

fp1.jpg

fp2.jpg

fp3.jpg

first off

short story,  RL cannot launch your tables if you have them in compressed format.

extract each one to its own folder (THE FOLDER NAME MUST MATCH THE TABLE NAME)

Orininal\

Table Name (Original)\Table Name (Original).fpt

Table 2..........................................................................................

Recraeted'

table Name (Manufacture)\table Name (Manufacture).fpt

Table 2..........................................................................................

Video Recreations\

table Name (VGR)\table Name (VGR).fpt

Second

You should consider using Global emulators,  their is no need for you to create system emulators.  in most cases you end up adding incorrect extensions to your lists.

Finally,

You are better off,  generating an XML based on your tables, as to renaming your tables. 

Because you will have to:

-rename each zipped table

- unzip each table. 

- rename each table found in each folder

if you want it to match your current XML.

I suggest you download the hyperspin ready future pinball set that is out their.  its plug and play because it also includes a matching XML.

NO LINKS TO ROMS SITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will tell you that its currently FREE because of the 12 days of Christmas free torrent celebration.

• Upvote 1

Got the hyperspin ready set now and all tables found, only problem now is the table I load up comes up with an error or it crashes the program. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 32assassin
      This is a pack of wheels for future pInball

an XML for Hyperspin and PInball Cab was included.

I collected allot of wheels from various sources, and replaced any low quality wheels.Most of the replacements are redraws.
      Any generic logo that did not match the backglass was also replaced.

Big thank you to JSinn for his contributions.

Only 4 Missing wheels
      Alaska (Recreativos Franco 1978)
      Mad Race (Playmatic 1985)
      Pokerino (Williams 1978)
      Struggle Buggies (Williams)(1953)
      Sure Shot (Taito do Brasil 1981)

Link to Updated XML
      http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/27571-future-pinball/
    • By OgsinneR
      # hyperspin_manager
      Simple program designed to help out with the organization of your hyperspin media.
      v0.01: (beta)
      Features:
       - Generate yaml formatted missing lists.
       - Generate yaml formatted media catalogs.
       - Mass rename your library by database file.
       - Roll back renames per database (only one saved per database).
       - Dry Runs of all features are default.
       - Basic but accurate pattern matching. Will not rename unless base file name is an exact match.

Upcoming:
       - Add some actual error handling.
       - Add logging module.
       - Add CRC matching option.
       - Add generation of database.xml based on your files.
       - Add a scraper to automatically pull database files from hyperlist.
       - Add pathing handler so the program can be run from absolute path.
       - Add updating your database with your missing roms list. Active = No.

You Tube Tutorial
    • By dakotalew
      99.99999% of the time cruising threw these forums has fixed my issue so I apologize for posting, but I cant find the info i need. 
      I am having a hell of a time getting Future pinball XML to work right so it jives with HyperSync even remotely. I have done the fixes for the "" and done some other tweaks to no avail. I am not 100% confident on my abilities I will admit, but this is certainly not my first go around with xmls with hyperspin. Basically i have gotten myself stumped to what i have done, or which miss step i have taken. 
      So my question is, does some one have a working xml for future pinball that they wouldn't mind sharing?
      Thanks for your time!
      -Lew
    • By CMDRLawliet
      So after using Don's ROM Renamer to audit most of my games, there were about 70 missing. I didn't really want those 70 in the romset anyway so I deleted the .7z files from the ROM location and replaced them with the .nes files from my temporary folder. After that, I went back to RLauncher UI and for some reason, after even rebooting and performing multiple system audits, it still sees those games in that folder and says they're still missing. What's going on? How can I get these games to be recognised? What exactly is RLauncher UI seeing and how can I fix it? Please, I really need help, so some would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!!~