HyperSync, HyperList and FTP are now back online ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Espgod

Does anyone have a work-around for duplicate roms using the parent rom video?

I have several duplicates for MAME, which I can totally live with, but only one rom in the duplicates will run the video media preview. Is there a work around to this? Or is there an easy way to only keep the parent rom?

I use 'unified' mame rom sets.  You can use an app like Clrmame to 'merge' your separate sets.   This should match the mame.xml dbase file.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you want to reduce the amount of games in your list, the amount of roms or the amount of videos?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, phulshof said:

I'm not sure I understand. Do you want to reduce the amount of games in your list, the amount of roms or the amount of videos?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure but it sounds like either get video snaps to play on clone wheels or if not trim out the clones.

@Espgod you can use something like Hypertools/Don's filter list to remove clones from the xml I believe.

i can't remember if Android HS can filter out clones from the filter in the settings file. Would need to check.

this all depends on the MAME romset version you have and the xml database version you are using.

8 hours ago, Espgod said:

I have several duplicates for MAME, which I can totally live with, but only one rom in the duplicates will run the video media preview. Is there a work around to this? Or is there an easy way to only keep the parent rom?

I'm not sure what you're actually asking either.

Are you saying your parent game plays the theme video, but the other clone versions of that game don't?

If so you just need to turn on the clones play parents videos option in your HyperSpin settings where the other clone/parent theme options are.

40 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:

I'm not sure what you're actually asking either.

Are you saying your parent game plays the theme video, but the other clone versions of that game don't?

If so you just need to turn on the clones play parents videos option in your HyperSpin settings where the other clone/parent theme options are.

Unfortunately those options and the parent only filter are not supported in HS Android.

Damn this Android forum! I never know when I'm answering android questions.

• Similar Content

• By Honosuseri
      Right guys as some of you are aware Google changed how things work on the Google Play Store a while back, when we install an app it will use the 32 or 64 bit version depending on what's native to the device. As we're mainly focused on the Shield TV here on the Android part of the forum, it is a 64 bit device. This has proved to be a bit of an issue for those of us who love Retroarch as there are some serious differences between the 32bit and 64bit versions. In a nutshell currently we have access to more cores for us to play our retro systems on the 32 bit version. RetroArch provide a RetroArch_ra32.apk which is a dedicated 32bit version we can sideload/install and use, however Hyperspin is NOT setup to use this version as some of the paths changed.

So...I decompiled the Hyperspin.apk and made the necessary changes (yes including the config path) to solely use RA_32. I've done some limited testing with RA_32 (1.8.7) and it seems a okay to me (even the Daphne test core works) however I don't use screen overlays or really bother with alternate config setups (in truth I've not used the STV in many months!). Feel free to download it and test yourselves, obviously backup your essential files AND do remember the .ini files need to be adjusted to use RA32....

exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
      becomes
      exe=com.retroarch.ra32/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

It's easy enough to open all your .ini files with notepad++. Use the Search and replace feature to find com.retroarch/ and replace to com.retroarch.ra32/ do this for all opened files then save all.

Those who use adopted storage it's wise to move the Retroarch_ra32 app to internal storage after installing AND before running it for the first time. Let me know how it works for you, I'll do a Youtube video to help those less experienced with setting up Hyperspin when I know it's working 100% and I have the free time.

Mega Link for Hyperspin_0.1.8_Hono.apk (https://mega.nz/file/zQNBCYKI#QVrG4uVVmvXHshl8LbosQi7LAjQmUA09R5k_YqhcMBI)
      RetroArch_ra32 (1.8.7) newest stable version at time of posting (http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.8.7/android/)
    • By Bjalready
      Pack média complet
    • By Bjalready
      Pack média complet - Arcade Classics

Utilise les ROMs MAME avec MAME, MESS ou RetroArch