Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Avar

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

we aren't all like that :)

Allow me to derail my own news thread momentarily, as this is relevant :D

Disclaimer: This contains, I think, 2x F-bombs if that bothers you.

6 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

I am speechless.

This. Is. Beautiful.

You made me cry and cum at the same time.

And knowing first hand what it takes to produce and postproduce a video, this was an impressive work! 

You rock @Avar; I really mean it.

Oh! And the pimp thumbnail! Bam!

Thank you. The pimp thumbnail was all @jhabers haha was teasing me for looking like even my pants were purple after "fixing" the hues and I liked so I went with it :D

* Warning critical comments*

I like the montage, but what have I been looking at ? Who is the intended audience here?
I've just watched a 5 minute sponsor reel.

There was blissbox
There was Av Archavist
there was emumovies.

there was a short spotlight for hyperAI and basically the rest was a short demo of Themes.

"hyperspin is back" "really?" "yes!" "But we saw nothing new." "Just take our word for it."
this is not good enough, who is the intended audience ? I've asked this before, but we the community know about the developments, and I hope we don't stick time in making youtube videos to please our own gloriously awesome ego. New audiences will not be impressed by this.

We have to ask our selves what is it , that attracted us to hyperspin in the first place and how has it been improved on since? what will attract people back to hyperspin, and what will get the attention of new users?

10 years ago, we could do this and now we can do THIS look at it! . stress the improvements, look at how easy it will become to setup your hyperspin setup, stress the advantages of hyperspin over other arcade front ends. We need endorsements.. I mean Launchbox has gotten a product placement at metaljesus.. we need hyperspin over at AVGN or something. STRESS UPCOMING FEATURES !!

*end of criticism*

I love you guys, i'm being an asshole because I care.

That game disc and disc case was awesome. I'm just curious if that quality will be useful in the coming updates. Especially since the terms 16x9, HD, and UHD have come up a couple of times in the artwork audit. 

It would be a shame to have to downgrade it. Pimps don't roll like that!!

I feel like I need to explain my self a bit further.

I am NOT dissing @Avar. He has moved a mountain of work in weeks what would otherwise take months if not years. apart from the auditing he has resurrected the social media presence of Hyperspin and he has motivated me and the other media creators to keep on truckin' to make content for hyperspin.

but when i saw the video I was quite underwhelmed and I am sad about that. I felt compelled to voice that, and when the lack of visible development on the actual FE (not HyperAI (OMG GIEBT)) is talked over as if it's good thing then I am very disappointed.

The databases are being reworked so that it can contain metadata, well show us what that looks like! doesn't need to be long, but show something that is new. show me, make me believe the hype again.

Thank you for your time... I care about this community, but I'm not a yes-man.

@KlopjerO That would be more of a release video/promo. Think of the weekly vids as super community updates. They're just video versions of the daily updates I do on Facebook. While we'd love to give the entire world the inside scoop 100% of the time, that isn't something we can do anymore.

Thank you for all the time and effort your giving the community and Hyperspin @Avar it really is appriciated.

I think for people that have been around the Hyperspin block a few times (im only 3/4 of the way round :) ) its the FE dev details that are expected in anything that is labled Update!

I also wish for those hard hitting core updates but understand why they dont come flooding out.

Hyperspin updates are generally a hot topic in this and wider communities so my only advise would be to tread carefully with anything billed as Update.

It would be awesome to see a little poll from you on what type of video the community want to see from you next (from your own list)

One to slip in inbetween all your news stuff and audits!!

Be it a more detailed vid on HyperAI, audit news, artwork news or something else

Anyway keep doing what you do and WANT to do.....no pressure here just ideas

I was just happy to be reminded to watch "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" again. ;)

I think there will be more videos on HyperAI when it's out of beta and open to all. A video discussing it's features and setup should come out at the same time as it comes out of beta.

bf479383480d12ef5381ad7cafeb45b0.jpg

I do like the idea of a poll or peoples ideas for video content even if they a not possible, its good to share ideas.

There is only so much you can do if all we have is new artwork and if our devs aren't ready to share then I respect them for that.

I like the idea of some sort of podcast with chat about games and smack talk and nonsense. I'd also like some dev and artist interviews, find out about people and what they like etc.

12 hours ago, Avar said:

@KlopjerO That would be more of a release video/promo. Think of the weekly vids as super community updates. They're just video versions of the daily updates I do on Facebook. While we'd love to give the entire world the inside scoop 100% of the time, that isn't something we can do anymore.

Apparently I saw a different video then.  I suppose your still looking for a good format .

• Circo unpinned and locked this topic

Archived