Thought I would start putting out some @Avar inspired content.

Its late here so no links. Just a little rundown of what I have been up to and whats going on in my Hyperspin Android, general Android and general emulation worlds.

1. @agent47 helped me out with some batch scripts a while back and I improved on them (well thats debatable) :)2. Commodore Amiga is getting some major love for Android setup. Watch this thread for updates3. New Discord chat group channel created for all things Android. PM me for the details. (post coming soon)

TOP SECRET

Possible chance of a very Minor HS Android bug fix update. Don't get excited....(but i am anyway.....God im a gimp)

Peace Out A town

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:goodnight:

• Upvote 3

Thank you so much for doing this. I know nothing of working with Android so this is greatly appreciated and I'm sure the Android community will appreciate it as well!

• Upvote 1

AARRRRRGGGGGGG.......

Just spent 45mins doing an update and hit Backspace to delete something.......deleting everything I wrote.

Your gonna have to wait untill I get over that so here is a quick one instead

• HyperScore #52 is nearly over.....Get your PaperBoy score in
  • Multiple mouse support in RetroArch could be coming

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/43321776-multiple-mice-support

• @bippym & @lilcza are working on a better solution for Commodore Amiga within Hyperspin....I have faith in you

I have got my writing MOJO and been working hard at home and work so low productivity this week.

Going to work on my PS1 collection this week...Maybe get a Libretro documentation page done and add some overlays to GitHub.

@ci2own have you slowed up now or should I wait for more lol.....?

wow my deleted post was way better this sucks.

PS have a Playhouse on stilts to build for the kid this weekend also.....She is going to love it, can't wait

I'm just configuring my Cab and waiting for what's comming about Databases.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Honosuseri
      As we celebrate 25 years of DOOM! John Romero has brought us SIGIL, an unofficial 5th chapter to the original game. So as Retroarch's Prboom core has now been updated to support it...figured I should really add it to my Doom Classics wheel...
      Threw together a Sigil theme, wheel art and video snap. I was pleasantly surprised, that the prboom core now played the midi music natively. Doom 1&2 originally required me to add the music tracks as mp3 files. 
    • By thatman84
      (FYI having trouble with upping some screenshots and the new formatting so please excuse the wierd format)
      Converting 16x9 Themes for Hyperspin Android
      List of theme animation compatibility
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-8Ofa_GrAdnQ22nf7W7QYVeQoKBQxA_-
      (I am in NO way competent with artwork resolutions but my method works and looks good to me)
      Why...
      Because sometimes that theme you really liked just doesn’t display correctly 
      The main reason for theme problems is the use of animation and scripting of the .swf assets in the “theme”.zip
      (It’s best to replace themes that cause Hyperspin to crash out, but you can try to convert them)
       What’s covered...
             1.      Extract PNG assets from swf files
             2.      Reduce HQ artwork to be compatible with Hyperspin
             3.      Further reduce artwork width to allow for Hyperspin 4x3 -> 16x9 stretching
             4.      Recompile your theme

What is Needed:
      Update on resizing tool.
            Fotosizer is now advised against because of the compression/quality loss it causes.
      pPlease use Photoshop or this program recommended by @IceLancer https://sourceforge.net/projects/easyimagesizer/?source=typ_redirect
      A    A  Fotosizer (http://www.fotosizer.com/) batch resize image files
              B.     Flash Decompiler (https://www.free-dec...flash/download/) extract png’s from swf
              C.     Time and Themes
       I have done a little testing for Main Menu themes. This spreadsheet shows what I have tested and its Android compatibility status. The sheet has download section links for all themes I have tried.

Let’s get to it... 

So grab a theme zip you want to play with and Unzip it. Any 16x9 Main Menu, Game or System Default theme will do.

BakerMan provided me a guide to extracting the PNG’s from SWF but it has since been lost. 
      These are the steps
              1.      Open JPEXS once downloaded and installed from link above
              2.      Click on the “Open” tab and browse to the offending .swf file from your unzipped theme

SCREENSHOT

3.      Right click on “Images” on the left and click “Export Selection”
      (At this step you may find multiple images. If these images are only parts of one image, say the arms and legs of a character, you will have to lose that image completely from the theme or replace it with another one)

SCREENSHOT2
             4.      Click “ok” to PNG file type then choose a location for the exported images (Default is Desktop. Only export one at a time and  then move the PNG out of the output folder as it overwrites each one if not)

SCREENSHOT3
             5.      Now browse to that Output location and you will find your PNG’s in an “images” folder.

You are now ready for phase 2 – Resizing the images
      Note, fotosizer does cause a reduction in artwork quality. If your sensitive to this you may want to use another method. (If you know of a better program please comment) I only run a 37' screen and don't mind myself.
      (Resizing Artwork is covered comprehensively by Avar in his tutorials found HERE)
      Open Fotosizer Add the Artwork that was converted to PNG Reduce the images to 68% KEEP MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO TICKED (this is the best size for the ones I have done)  
              4.       Move the right side settings bar down and select an Output Folder

5   Remove that Artwork from Fotosizer
      6.   Add the newly resized artwork back into Fotosizer
      7.   Reduce the Width to 75% (to allow HS to stretch it back when its loaded)
      8.   UNTICK MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO

9.   Now add this finished art back into the theme folder and zip it up again

10.       Name the zip file the same as you have it in the “Main Menu.xml” database

Final Thoughts...

Now when you try this theme out you may find the artwork has slightly changed location. If so adjust the Artwork positions in the theme.xml file within the theme.zip OR load it into Hypertheme and adjust it as required

Hope this helps someone.

HS Android Theme Animations.txt
    • By reznnate
      Tested Emulators -- .ini config settings   Retroarch - Various emulators   exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture  parameters=<choose one of the emulator cores like below>   Examples of retroarch core parameters Atari 2600 core:  parameters=cores/stella_libretro_android.so PSX core:  parameters=cores/pcsx_rearmed_libretro_neon_android.so   libretro cores:  4do_libretro_android.so  bsnes_mercury_performance_libretro_android.so  bsnes_performance_libretro_android.so etc...     Dolphin - Gamecube/Wii/Wiiware exe=org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu/org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.activities.MainActivity parameters=AutoStartFile    Newer Builds from Dolphin Website:-   exe=org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu/org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity parameters=AutoStartFile    IrataJaguar - Atari Jaguar  exe=ru.vastness.altmer.iratajaguar/ru.vastness.altmer.iratajaguar.MainActivity  parameters=rom   Real3DOPlayer - 3DO  exe=ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.MainActivity  parameters=cd   NES.emu - NES  exe=com.explusalpha.NesEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity  parameters=   MSX.emu - Colecovision, MSX, etc.  exe=com.explusalpha.MsxEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity  parameters=   Mame4Droid - MAME  exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid  parameters=   Mupen64Plus AE exe=paulscode.android.mupen64plus/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity
      parameters=    Nightly builds exe=org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity parameters=     Play! - Playstation 2 exe=com.virtualapplications.play/com.virtualapplications.play.ExternalEmulatorLauncher parameters=   Reicast - Dreamcast  exe=com.reicast.emulator/com.reicast.emulator.MainActivity  parameters=   Redream - Dreamcast exe=io.recompiled.redream/io.recompiled.redream.MainActivity parameters=   Drastic - Nintendo DS  exe=com.dsemu.drastic/com.dsemu.drastic.DraSticActivity  parameters=GAMEPATH   Fpse - PSX  exe=com.emulator.fpse/com.emulator.fpse.Main  parameters=path   ePSX - PSX  exe=com.epsxe.ePSXe/com.epsxe.ePSXe.ePSXe   parameters=com.epsxe.ePSXe.isoName  * change romext=cue in settings.ini, iso did not work for me   PPSSPP (FREE version) - PSP  exe=org.ppsspp.ppsspp/org.ppsspp.ppsspp.PpssppActivity  parameters=org.ppsspp.ppsspp.Shortcuts PPSSPP Gold - PSP             exe=org.ppsspp.ppssppgold/org.ppsspp.ppsspp.PpssppActivity              parameters=   uoYabause - Sega Saturn exe=org.uoyabause.android/org.uoyabause.android.Yabause
      parameters=org.uoyabause.android.FileNameEx
      Yaba Sanshiro
           exe=org.uoyabause.uranus/org.uoyabause.android.Yabause
               parameters=org.uoyabause.android.FileNameEx
      Gearoid - Sega Game Gear  exe=com.androidemu.gg/com.androidemu.gg.EmulatorActivity   Parameters=   Colem - Speccy ZX - fMSX VGBANext  Emulators from Garage Research  PAID  com.fms.colem.deluxe - Colem - Colecovision  com.fms.fmsx.deluxe - fMSX  com.fms.ines - iNES  com.fms.emu - VGBAnext - GBA/GBC/GB Emulator  com.fms.vgb - VGBc - Gameboy Color  com.fms.mg - Master Gear - Sega Game Gear  com.fms.speccy.deluxe - Spectrum Sinclair ZX  FREE  com.fms.colem  com.fms.fmsx  com.fms.speccy    Set "??" to "com.fms.emulib.MainActivity" for all products but VGBAnext.   For VGBAnext:  ??=com.fms.vgba.MainActivity for opening *.gba files  ??=com.fms.vgb.MainActivity for opening *.gbc/*.gb files   OpenBOR - 2D Game Engine (Some integration issues with Hyperspin)              exe=org.openbor.engine/org.libsdl.app.SDLActivity Parameters=   Launch android app package names in database.xml Determine Android game name through Google Play web interface. i.e. https://play.google....ure.dragonslair   pcgame=true
    • By Honosuseri
      A video to help you understand the Redream emulator, covering issues and questions you might have. Currently Redream doesn't use launch intent but it will be added soon. I'll do another video to help with setting it up with Hyperspin (for STV) and Arc Browser (for phones & STV) once that feature is added in.

• By Honosuseri
      https://redream.io/

The Redream emulator for Sega Dreamcast, is available on the google playstore. I know people struggled with setting up the standalone Reicast emulator, Redream is far easier. No extra BIOS files are required and it detected my gamepad straight away, even found the game files!

I have asked about launch intent, so the app is compatible with frontends like Hyperspin and Arc Browser. The reply I got was he meant to add the feature last night but "forgot" as inundated with day one crash reports. Once the feature is implemented, I'll do a video showcasing the emulator and show my settings.ini for Hyperspin