Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hono's Shield TV setup

Honosuseri

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Ah cool, i did think Zen was the only "real" way to go for pinball.

Anyway sent them a request for direct launching on the off chance. Doubt it will ever happen bu meh.

If a few others ask it may help

That would be cool, I know there's a guy putting in the hours to do themes for all the tables.

I'm happy just to launch Zen Pinball from the Android wheel, then load the tables from in there (I often jump around from table to table). Technically it's possible to do a Zen Pinball wheel and then display the "table packs" from within there. As they release independent apks, Marvel, Aliens, Bethesda, Star Wars Pinball etc etc. on the Play store.

I suppose you could take your favourite table's theme for each pack and use that to help give the Pinball wheel a bit more flair.

Some minor adjustments and a few more games added to this Android wheel, think we're up to about 15 games now. Although I could easily pack it out more by installing the Telltale series of games...I don't really play them. Yes there are other games I'd like to have on here (Portal, Resident Evil, Metal Gear etc. etc.) BUT I can't justify the cost when I already own them on PC and could just use the Game Stream feature to play them ;)

Is there any interest for these Android Themes I have cobbled together, with the wheel art? They're not amazing but far better than nothing I suppose.

I'll be heading out again soon and will be "offline" much of that time. If there's interest I'll attach the stuff here before I leave.

50 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

It's always worth adding things to the upload section mate. Someone will use them.

PS stay tuned as I just finished the Pygnosis Owl/logo. Just logged on to check if you had been on lol

I tell you what I'll do dude. I put them on your FTP and then you can put them where, how you see fit. I'm sure I'll get a few more done before I head off. I'll make sure you have what I have before I leave.

P.S I was only teasing about cracking on with "THE OWL" but fair play. I would love a new theme for the Amiga, the HDF's work sooo much better it's given my "proof of concept setup" a new lease of life :)

That's a good idea! I may get round to it before your back from the deep blue!

well phase one is done. Psygnosis Owl and logo are "done"... 

Phase 2 is the theme but I expect that will be a couple of weeks minimum for me to look at. I have Quake mods to ply with ?

I'll have a play with that Zool theme in red as a base, work different assets in. That way it should still "tie in" with the game select menu for Amiga. I'll then see if I can get a couple more Android games covered quickly.

Thanks again, for your time tinkering away.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Setup Sammy Atomiswave on shield, used RetroArch reicast core/settings RetroArch 1.7.3 , all bios present but still wont load.

Am using normal zipped files for Sammy Atomiswave and zip as file extension in settings

Are there any special settings to use that I am missing ?

Thanks in advance

The core doesn't support the mame zip files, well not yet anyway. All the info you need is available at the libretro website. 

My findings... 

For Dreamcast stick with the standalone Reicast emulator for now. For Soul Calibur the character models have serious glitches but the main menu text doesn't glitch like in the standalone emulator. 

Atomiswave runs very well, as the video shows. The driving games I'm having issues calibrating the controls but a lot of the games do play. 

Naomi I didn't have much luck with. Some games come up with a board error. Some do load but crash when you add coins. I expected problems as they still haven't got the shoulder buttons working on the pad yet. 

There are stability issues with the core. Just because a game crashes on launch doesn't mean it's not compatible. Reload and try again. 

I've stopped my testing now as I fly out the country Tues. I'm delighted I'll be able to play Atomiswave games on my phone during the long flight though! 

Keep in mind this core was only very recently released. I look forward to seeing it mature over time. 

I can't get the atomiswave games to run have the game bin in folder with Naomi_boot.bin and try to run from .lst file it just back me out of retroarch. I'm using the the latest retroarch nightly with riecast dreamcast/Naomi core. Can you tell me what the core number and build of retroarch your using?

On 8/18/2018 at 1:59 PM, Honosuseri said:

Sammy Atomiswave is now on Android! I should have Sega Naomi added for testing by the time you've finished watching the video ;) 

On 8/26/2018 at 1:10 PM, Honosuseri said:

RetroArch 1.7.3. Reicast 0.1 ff8e12c 

Would you by any chance mind sharing your  settings ini  for atomiswave/Naomi I have wheelart/media for it just not sure how to setup beings games run from .lst

I have not had a chance to try this out but it “should” be the same as the Retroarch reicast core ini for Dreamcast  with lst as the extension.

if lst format is the one to use that is...

hono is at sea so replies will be patchy from him for a while

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

I have not had a chance to try this out but it “should” be the same as the Retroarch reicast core ini for Dreamcast  with lst as the extension.

if lst format is the one to use that is...

hono is at sea so replies will be patchy from him for a while

I left you this stuff (lst files and settings files) on the FTP before I flew out, to aid you in testing the reicast core. 

Yes I'm away on the boat, feel free to share my ini snippet if you get a chance dude. I'm sure quite a few people would like to add the atomiswave wheel to their setups. 

53 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I left you this stuff (lst files and settings files) on the FTP before I flew out, to aid you in testing the reicast core. 

Yes I'm away on the boat, feel free to share my ini snippet if you get a chance dude. I'm sure quite a few people would like to add the atomiswave wheel to their setups. 

Oh cool....I’m away with the diy fairies last few weeks. I will drop that in a thread of its own tonight 

7 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Oh cool....I’m away with the diy fairies last few weeks. I will drop that in a thread of its own tonight 

I did privately message you before I left. Be warned the lst files I made up myself, not sure they'll work for everyone though as game files could differ. Instructions to make them are on the libretro website though. 

Sorry if I seem lazy, just crazy busy on the boat 

9 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I did privately message you before I left. Be warned the lst files I made up myself, not sure they'll work for everyone though as game files could differ. Instructions to make them are on the libretro website though. 

Sorry if I seem lazy, just crazy busy on the boat 

I can hardly remember what happened yesterday lol....its cool your not lazy mate.

Here is the .ini snippet (now im being lazy :) )

exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=lst
parameters=cores/reicast_libretro_android.so

20 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Hono is at sea so replies will be patchy from him for a while

Just to clarify. Yes... I'm on a 50m long boat we're converting into a luxury yacht. 

No... I'm not at sea yet, we expect to depart around 10th of Sept. Final destination is Tunisia. 

We stay in coastal waters, for the most part I do have phone signal and mobile Internet at sea. So I can casually keep tabs on what's going on here. 

I am however very busy on the boat. I still have the "Shield me from the sea" project to plan out. The STV is also often being used by the family for watching movies and playing games obviously. 

Any free time I have with the STV alone I want dedicated to my project. So please don't think I'm being rude if I don't immediately reply to any queries. 

All the best with your setups folks

Archived