Peliculon

Someone need make this program for xml

Im new in this retro world, since one month ago maybe. I learn faster and Im notice some deficiencies concerning to the *.xml´s. Why nobody create a program that takes the crc from the roms , contrast that crc with an xml file that have all the info about that rom (like name, description, clone, crc, manufacturer, year, genre, rating, enabled) and make this live of renaming xml´s more easy? :unknown:

Im editing *.xml´s with my hands one rom by one and is really painfull and boring. Im start to think that i will finish like in at least 10 years, being a no lifer of course. So if someone is interesting, im going to write my ideas here, with examples, hoping that someone will create this powerful tool someday.

How should the program be?

Must take the crc from roms in a folder (for MAME and similar will take the crc number from the zip, for others systems will take the crc from the rom inside the zip). Once the program collect all thats crc numbers, will contrast them with an xml file or a info file or dat (but its important that xml, info and dat have really op info about that roms).  The program will say something like this: "Ok, if i found the same crc number of this roms in the xml, then i will fill all thats tags in that block with my op info about that specific rom".

Then the program will start to scan all thats roms and for contrast them with the xml will do the next:

"Ok, i collected all the crc numbers in the folder Atari 2600 roms, now im going to check if this first rom with crc number 58010BE3 matches with some tags <crc></crc> inside the xml".

<game name="Asteroid Fire (Europe)" index="" image="">
        <description></description>
        <cloneof></cloneof>
        <crc>58010BE3</crc>
        <manufacturer></manufacturer>
        <year></year>
        <genre></genre>
        <rating></rating>
        <enabled></enabled>
    </game>

"Oh wow, here we go. I find this match inside the tags  <game name="Asteroid Fire (Europe)" index="" image="".......<crc>58010BE3</crc>........</game> . So now im go to fill with really op info the other tags that accompany to crc tag and are inside of the same block <game name>...</game>". Then the program will ask you an amazing question:

"With what info do you want that i fill the tags?:

1. For HyperSpin (and then you will have this roms perfectly named with the media in this launcher).
  2.  For No-Intro (if you prefer the No-Intro version names, i can do it, even i can rename the media for your HyperSpin with No-Intro names if you want).
  3. For Atari 2600 Vcs Collection HunterV11.
  4. Etc., etc., etc...

Then we select for example option 1 and Boom! :

<game name="Asteroid Fire (Europe)" index="" image="">
        <description>Asteroid Fire (Europe)</description>
        <cloneof></cloneof>
        <crc>58010BE3</crc>
        <manufacturer>Homevision - Gem International Corp.</manufacturer>
        <year>1983</year>
        <genre>Shoot-&apos;Em-Up</genre>
        <rating>Other - NR (Not Rated)</rating>
        <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    </game>

Awesome! In just a few clics we have hundreds of roms with a perfect correspondence to works with HyperSpin or other frontend or whatever .:nyam1:

Of course this is only an idea that can be developed much more.

Nobody "needs" to do that because there are already multiple renaming and filtering programs written years ago in the 3rd party apps section that do that stuff.

2 hours ago, agent47 said:

Nobody "needs" to do that because there are already multiple renaming and filtering programs written years ago in the 3rd party apps section that do that stuff.

:o

Oh my god, Im going to be now a god of xml´s hahah

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ghostbones
      Hello all, 
      Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction where I might be able to download myself an up to date
      Commodore Amiga XML that is populated with the year, genre etc, of each game? I have tried Hyperlist and many other sites but I can't seem
      to find anything. Many thanks in advance!
    • By croserII
      Some of stuff you can do
      create hyperspin or nointro dat from rom folder
      create mamlist.xml from rom folder
      copy roms listed in nointro or any supported xml\dat\xml format to desired rom folder
      rename your roms from any supported xml\dat\txt file and copy them to desired folder
      merge two supported xml\dat\txt file even info will be merged
      copy rom media file with game list from compatible xml\dat\txt
      much more
      compatible format are
      nonintrodat.dat (parent\clone xml) or standard 
      gamelist.xml
      hyperspin.xml(there is custom one,you can generate one as hyperspin_retrofe.xml)
      retrofe_include.txt (simple txt file with rom names)
      mameinfo.dat (only works in extract function)
      mamehistory.dat (only works in extract function)
      mamelist.xml

So What is this?
      convert from compatible xml\txt\dat game database format to xml\txt\dat game database,
      extract story files from gamelist.xml mamhistory.dat or mameinfo.dat
      combine or merge two compatible xml\txt\dat and get one file with updated games and info
      copy rom listed in compatible xml\dat\txt from source rom folder to desired folder\rename and crc32 supported,crc32 work with zip and none zip files
      scan and create xml\dat\txt from your roms folder,crc32 supported,crc32 work with zip and none zip files 

Requirement:
      Tested on windows 10 x64,should run on any windows +7 os (might run on win xp but not tested) 
      you 'll need at least one xml\txt\dat compatible file,check below in Note section
      How to use
      Simply choose the function from drop menu,click on input\output buttons,choose file type from filter drop menu in openfiledialog window,remember always provide the right file type,hyperspin need hyperspin file,nointro.dat need nointro dat file .......
      click doi it
      combine function explained:
      this tool is created to merge info from compatible xml dat xml database format.xml based on name or crc tag,the result is xml\txt\dat file with updated info added roms name and info from both file
      Associate function explained:
       associate function,input1 button should be any compatible xml\txt\dat,mediaroot should be the root folder of your rom media,example: nes media folder contain folders like snaps,title,manual,video snaps ... etc,this function will copy these media according to the name(or crc) in input1 source file
      Some Tips:
      Combine Nointro.dat+gamelist.xml=>resultfile saved as hyperspin_retrofe.xml
      combine resultfile.xml+hyperspin.xml with rating tag=>final_result.xml saved as hyperspin_retrofe.xml
      put the final_result.xml in RetroFE\meta\hyperlist rename it to your prefered system,make sure the name is matching the collection name in retrofe collectio dir
      delete meta.db from retrofe dir
      launch retrofe and have fun 
      ]NOTE:
      Important don't choose the wrong file always feed the right one check compatible file format above for more info
      the combine function priorties the info from input1 button when using crc as comparation,that means if you have the same game but the name in the first is different from the second input file,the first will be considered
      how to get gamelist.xml
      use scraper to get gamelist.xml for your prefered system(mame,sega,snes...) can be found https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/scraper
      put scraper inside your roms folder,ru cmd or use bat(recommended) put these commands:

scraper.exe -add_not_found -console_src="gdb" -use_filename=true -download_images=false -no_thumb 
      PAUSE
       now copy the generated gamelist.xml file from your rom folder to the program folder

Contacts:
      http://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/Emulators-Organizer/
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty6F9RyhFdg
      done 
      enjoy
      Best regard Croser

• By retrokid192
      Hey Guys,
      I'm rather new to Hyperspin but I have been sucessful in adding systems and roms for the most part. I have run into a problem recently in regards to database xml files. So when I'm on the homescreen where the consoles are on the wheel, when I click a certain console it will not load. I click and it goes black for  quick second and returns to the homescreen. Thats in indication that the database is present but it will not load the game list for some reason. I have the database xml in the appropriate folder as well as the roms, media and emulators installed. Still no sucess in loading the Playstation or Dreamcast consoles. 
      On another note there are instances where I'm able to click the colsole and it loads a few games on the list but not all. I have the roms installed in the appropriate folder but hyperspin is only displaying a few on the list. The database xml that is for the console has all the games listed but when I open the colsole in hypersin the list of games is limited to a few. 
      If someone has had a similar issue or could give assistance it would greatly be appreciated.