Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Announcement

    Sorry for the recent downtime. Still much to do but we have the site updated, secure and back online.  Expect more changes.

HyperSpin 1.5.1 Public Release


fr0stbyt3

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2020 at 7:56 PM, fr0stbyt3 said:

Same. I tested and both HS and HT work on 1909

Sorry if I'm being itchy, but I'm facing this problem with Windows 10 (X64) build 2004.

Version 1.5.1 was working ok until this Windows update got installed.

Same problem, same synthoms. I have no clue about how to make HS run, process is killed by itself and window doesn't even open.

Please, any help is well received.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaaMoS said:

Sorry if I'm being itchy, but I'm facing this problem with Windows 10 (X64) build 2004.

Version 1.5.1 was working ok until this Windows update got installed.

Same problem, same synthoms. I have no clue about how to make HS run, process is killed by itself and window doesn't even open.

Please, any help is well received.

To help you diagnose this:

- First download a fresh copy of 1.5.1 and assure that it fails as well. 

- Make sure any virus protection still has an exemption for hyperspin

- Post your full windows version number run winver and it'll show you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

To help you diagnose this:

- First download a fresh copy of 1.5.1 and assure that it fails as well. 

- Make sure any virus protection still has an exemption for hyperspin

- Post your full windows version number run winver and it'll show you

Hi, fr0stbyt3, Thanks for your reply!

I have this:

 

1) First step: Verified. Failed.

2) Second step: Windows Defender already had exceptions for HS and other related apps. Checked again, still there.

3) HS 1.5.1 was working OK before WIndows 10 updated to version "2004 (SO build 19582, 1001)". Info was taken from winver, as you suggested.

 

Some other Symtoms:

* Once System was updated, HS just didin't launch, if I check Task Manager, I can see how HS loads, but then gets killed.

* If I run HS in compatibility mode, all older versions have shown the same result, with the exception of Windows XP SP3, which shows a message error related to 0xc000005.

 

Now I'm in your hands, if you need some other info, please tell me.

Thanks again!  I'll stay tuned!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been running HS for years and updated to 1.5.1. My PC is currently updated with recent windows updates. My suggestion is to go to the HS folder you have it in right click on the HS.exe - go to compatibility and checkmark 'run as administrator'. then give it a try. I suggest you do the same to Hyperlaunch, Rocket Launcher, and hell even HQ, and Hypersync.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All,

A few years ago I updated my arcade to hyperspin 1.4 and rocketlauncher. I have had to rebuild it but have a back up of my hyperspin setup, Is it work just updating to 1.51 whilst i am at it?

Would all I need to do is copy over the updated .exe files?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, matty_g_8 said:

Hi All,

A few years ago I updated my arcade to hyperspin 1.4 and rocketlauncher. I have had to rebuild it but have a back up of my hyperspin setup, Is it work just updating to 1.51 whilst i am at it?

Would all I need to do is copy over the updated .exe files?

Thanks

I would backup main directory but all of the EXE files should do it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2020 at 6:50 AM, KaaMoS said:

Hi, fr0stbyt3, Thanks for your reply!

I have this:

 

1) First step: Verified. Failed.

2) Second step: Windows Defender already had exceptions for HS and other related apps. Checked again, still there.

3) HS 1.5.1 was working OK before WIndows 10 updated to version "2004 (SO build 19582, 1001)". Info was taken from winver, as you suggested.

 

Some other Symtoms:

* Once System was updated, HS just didin't launch, if I check Task Manager, I can see how HS loads, but then gets killed.

* If I run HS in compatibility mode, all older versions have shown the same result, with the exception of Windows XP SP3, which shows a message error related to 0xc000005.

 

Now I'm in your hands, if you need some other info, please tell me.

Thanks again!  I'll stay tuned!

Good day peeps.  I am new here and have run into the same issue and was wondering if there was a fix to this.  I am running Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.153).  Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Evening.  Not to sound like a broken record after hunting the forums and the web on this issue, but is the "Search Subfolders" issue gonna be fixed at any point in the near future?  I'd rather not have large game files zipped as they take way too long to launch and don't want the custom trimmed XML as I'm constantly adding games as I see the need/want.  I'd appreciate any updates you may have on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Rayne said:

Good Evening.  Not to sound like a broken record after hunting the forums and the web on this issue, but is the "Search Subfolders" issue gonna be fixed at any point in the near future?  I'd rather not have large game files zipped as they take way too long to launch and don't want the custom trimmed XML as I'm constantly adding games as I see the need/want.  I'd appreciate any updates you may have on this.

Hi Rayne,

Can you be specific on what system(s) you are having issues with?

You have options. I am also in the midst of converting all my zip collections into more usable formats (CHD, PBP, etc). All of which have nearly as good compression as zip and load as fast as an iso.

Also if space is no problem at all, you can always just leave them un-compressed. Just have them all in 1 folder. For systems that have games that use same names (track 01, track 02), put them in folders, just make sure that the folder is also named exactly like the database.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,  I am running Windows 10 pro x64 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.208) and have absolutely the same issue after windows Update HypeSrpin 1.5.1 just crashes after launching.

It was working fine before windows update, could not find any logs to find out the reason of crashes.

Compatibility mode with all previous Windows versions, running as Administrator does not help.
Right now I am about to update Windows to the latest Beta to check if this would help me.

Is there are any options to run the HyperSpin in debug mode?

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed that sometimes when I go to Task Manager an instance of Hyperspin or sometimes a couple Hyperspin are running in the background, even sometimes HyperHQ if I've been working with that keep HS from launching. I'm current with my Windows updates constantly and never had a problem with running HS. I do have it running as administrator from the .exe "properties". Only thing I would suggest if you haven't tried already is re-download Hyperspin 1.5.1 place it for now on the desktop and running that fresh .exe to see if it runs. Another thing I suggest which may or may not be the issue, uninstall and instance of "Java" from your machine, from the add/remove list of programs. Hope that helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gothicplsur said:

re-download Hyperspin 1.5.1

is not helping getting the same error, uninstalling Java does not help as well

Here is the log which i can get from AppCreashView tool:

Exception Code: 0xc0000005  

Fault Module Name:  ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.19624.1000  
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 4/4/2020 at 3:02 PM, Spawk said:

Hi Rayne,

Can you be specific on what system(s) you are having issues with?

You have options. I am also in the midst of converting all my zip collections into more usable formats (CHD, PBP, etc). All of which have nearly as good compression as zip and load as fast as an iso.

Also if space is no problem at all, you can always just leave them un-compressed. Just have them all in 1 folder. For systems that have games that use same names (track 01, track 02), put them in folders, just make sure that the folder is also named exactly like the database.

That doesn't work. For multi disc games that need to be unzipped (PS1), HyperHQ needs a file extension. Typically this would be .cue but since it won't look within sub folders it's pointless.

  

8 hours ago, Gothicplsur said:

I noticed that sometimes when I go to Task Manager an instance of Hyperspin or sometimes a couple Hyperspin are running in the background, even sometimes HyperHQ if I've been working with that keep HS from launching.

 

These have both been issues for years and hasn't been fixed. As for searching subfolders, don't hold your breath. I have a .bat script run when HS closes that forces all Hyperspin.exe instance to close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, braap said:

 

HyperHQ needs a file extension. Typically this would be .cue but since it won't look within sub folders it's pointless.

HyperHQ? ...ALL launching should be done by RL.

HQ is only really useful for populating/filtering the wheel! You can create dummy text files and use the txt extension if you want. It will have no effect at all on launching.

RL will load them fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tranzior said:

is not helping getting the same error, uninstalling Java does not help as well

Here is the log which i can get from AppCreashView tool:

Exception Code: 0xc0000005  

Fault Module Name:  ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.19624.1000  
 

Ouch, ntdll errors can be almost anything! Have you got the latest .net framework?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

I just realized version 1.5.1 a new behavior when HyperSpin is setup to be launched on Windows Startup (replacing explorer) :

It do not accept anymore relative paths when setting Working_Directory in [Startup Program] section of the settings.ini.... Only Absolutes paths can be used which makes my setup less portable ...

Does anyone noticed the issue and had found a workaround?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wondering if anyone is looking into this issue with Windows 10 (X64) build 2004 ?

This is a May 2020 update so will probably roll out to all computers soon, so everyone will be in the same boat soon and nobody will be able to load Hyperspin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...