Hi all, It seems retroarch (at least on android) has removed their Mupen64plus core and replaced it with Mupen64plus-next. My hyperspin (Nvidia shield) won't launch N64 games anymore because it's trying to launch a core that no longer exist. I have tried editing my "Nintendo 64.ini" file with multiple variations to get the new core to launch, but I cannot get it to work. Anyone know the new core parameters off hand? I've searched quite a bit and am coming up empty. Just to clarify I'm looking for the "Parameters =" line under the exe= that determines which core retro arch will use. I have confirmed manually loading the "Mupen64Plus-Next" core works with content. I just can't seem to get the command line correct to have it launch from hyperspin. Any help is appreciated thanks! I have already switched to it launching "Mupen64 FZ" in the meantime, but I prefer the launch coming from retroarch because FZ resumes mid-game where you left off when starting from hyperspin, and I prefer the WOW factor of games loading from the title screen.
As we celebrate 25 years of DOOM! John Romero has brought us SIGIL, an unofficial 5th chapter to the original game. So as Retroarch's Prboom core has now been updated to support it...figured I should really add it to my Doom Classics wheel...
Threw together a Sigil theme, wheel art and video snap. I was pleasantly surprised, that the prboom core now played the midi music natively. Doom 1&2 originally required me to add the music tracks as mp3 files.
As you probably know there is a RetroArch core to play Daphne games BUT currently it's broken! I wish the developer luck getting the official core stable.
Thanks to @Reznnate. We now have access again to the working test core (HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1frcFNWPinSkfyafsBXsnfHd46_kS1yIY). We can install this .so file through a new feature in RA, an install core option under "load cores" has been added. I've put together a video to help you peeps understand the Daphne game files and the settings required to get the games playing through RA and Hyperspin. I hope it's of help to some of you....
A few days ago, I decompiled and edited the Hyperspin APK to allow users to use 32-bit and 64-bit installations of Retroarch together. It's been confirmed working by the community and you can find that edited APK here: https://zerojay.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/3QfPqYM4A6ymjr4
It works as you would have originally expected using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Retroarch to work, so in your Settings_Android system ini file, change the exe to com.retroarch to use the 32-bit version or change it to com.retroarch.aarch64 to use the 64-bit version.
32-bit Retroarch: exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture 64-bit Retroarch: exe=com.retroarch.aarch64/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture Currently, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Retroarch will be called using the 32-bit configuration files, however I will likely be updating the APK to allow you to use the 64-bit configs as well for those who may wish to use different settings for both. When that happens, I'll keep both versions of the APK available so that you can decide what you want to use.
So now that the community has solved the Retroarch 32-bit problem, it would be really helpful to compile a list of cores and the version of Retroarch that it works best under. In some cases, certain cores currently only function under one or the other, but not both. In some rare cases, cores stopped working like Daphne, so again, these are things that we would like to call out. (By the way, for anything like Daphne where more recent cores no longer work, I can host them for the community if needed. Just let me know (and I do myself still need to get that working Daphne core myself).
I'll update the top post here to reflect the community's findings so that people only need to come to one place to find the info they need.
--- Core Information ----
atari800 - non-functional on 32-bit due to Android security changes, use 64-bit Retroarch core.
mame - Latest version of MAME core only recently started compiling on 32-bit, not available yet on 64-bit.
EDIT: Updated link for latest updated build.