koscica

HyperSync not working after Wndows 10 update

Hi I have and Hyperspin install on mounted network drive. HyperSync was working fine until I installed Windows 10 April 2108 update. I tried it on two PCs. It stops working after windows update. Any ideas?

HyperSpin shows no internet connection available which is not the case

The first idea is that you are mad for using windows 10, especially on a cabinet. I would rollback to windows 7.

Second off, I think that hypersync has only just been updated to work with windows 10, so there will be bugs at some point. especially if microgreed produce bad updates, which they have done since the launch of 10.

I used to be a beta tester and it was fine and dandy, until they came to the public release, and then everything slowed down. I de installed and a year or so later, I reinstalled 10 to see if it was any better, and in the end I got rid of again.

If you are using a dedicated arcade system, just stick to windows 7, it really is a waste of time using 10 if it is just for retro gaminhg.

Regards

Mark

I had this same issue, to resolve it I updated my HyperSpin to the latest version.

Windows 10 update did something to HyperSpin.

For me it had something to do with the updates to Windows Defender it got it's greasy claws into HyperSpin.

Tried updating but still no luck. If I move hypersync program from mounted network drive to local disk it connects to internet without problems.

windows update did something to stop it working on network drive

Currently testing w10 ltsb 1609... The fact is it is faster than seven. Dolphin flies with dx12 plugin and startup is blazing fast even on a 7200rpm HD.

The only problem is updates: w10 is basically a time bomb where you turn off your computer and at the next start half of your software dont' work no more due to function update. Basically there are 2 choice: use a LTSB edition (it receives only critical security updates, no function updates) or use a firewall  to block updates.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By wishermill
      Hi everyone,
      I purchased HyperSpin platinum, donated to Emumovies for a yearly membership but when I try to run HyperSync Cloud.exe I get an error message:
      HyperSync encountered an error and needs to close, please see DEBUG.LOG for more details.
      If I open DEBUG.LOG I get the following details:
      System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Clase no registrada (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
         en System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
         en System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
         en System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
         en System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
         en System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
         en System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
         en System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
         en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
         en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
         en System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
         en HyperSync.Forms.Secondary.Subscribe.InitializeComponent()
         en HyperSync.Forms.Secondary.Subscribe..ctor()
         en HyperSync.Forms.Primary.MainWindow..ctor()
         en HyperSync.Program.Main()

Thank you for your help guys
    • By malarrya
      View File Window 10 Arcade Classics Desktop Theme
      I created this desktop theme for Windows 10 from images found around the internet and use them for my arcade cabinet. I take no credit for any of the images but thought I would share the theme in case anyone's interested. Most images are 1920x1080 except for 2 that are a bit bigger and don't look that good scaled down. I also included a VBS script that makes the desktop wallpaper rotate to the next random image and a shortcut to this script that makes it easy to double-click and run the script. You may need to make your own or edit the shortcut depending on where you move the VBS script but I included it for completeness. Enjoy, and let me know if you have any issues with the theme.
      Submitter malarrya Submitted 05/27/2018 Category HyperSpin File Count 3 Credits  
    • By punkysuen
      I have just purchased the HyperSpin platinum account and the EmuMovie account.
      I can log in both in the HyperSync. However, when I click "individual system settings" icon, it fails and shows the message below:
      "Sling 2: there was an error connecting to HyperBase, please try again later"
      What should I do now?