Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Weekly-Hyperspin Tutorials by Ninja2bceen

ninja2bceen

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Having just seen the Hyper Score video. Some constructive criticism... 

Please would you consider NOT adding backing music to the videos. The microphone audio quality is already pretty poor, the music makes it even harder to hear what you are saying.

I appreciate the effort that goes into making these videos (I really do!). I'm sure new forum members find these videos incredibly helpful BUT audio quality has been an issue for quite some time now. I was under the impression you'd had a better microphone gifted to you. I honestly can't hear any improvement.

All the best with your channel and future projects

2 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Having just seen the Hyper Score video. Some constructive criticism... 

Please would you consider NOT adding backing music to the videos. The microphone audio quality is already pretty poor, the music makes it even harder to hear what you are saying.

I appreciate the effort that goes into making these videos (I really do!). I'm sure new forum members find these videos incredibly helpful BUT audio quality has been an issue for quite some time now. I was under the impression you'd had a better microphone gifted to you. I honestly can't hear any improvement.

All the best with your channel and future projects

Just chirping in as a vote not to remove the backing music, it adds a nice consistency to the videos and makes them easier for me to listen to personally. I would agree however that there could be a bigger divide in volume between music and voice or that a higher quality microphone could help. The criticism is fair.

That said I've never had an issue listening to any of these (aside from the first few maybe) whether headphones or laptop speakers.  

22 minutes ago, Rowr14 said:

The criticism is fair.

That said I've never had an issue listening to any of these (aside from the first few maybe) whether headphones or laptop speakers.  

Thank you. 

I played that video on my Nokia 8 phone, which is hardly garbage at max chat. It was hard to hear his voice but when there were breaks in the music it was easier. 

Could I have worn earphones? Well yes but currently I'm recovering from leg surgery. I'm not hopping around to get them just to hear audio on a YouTube video. It's a workaround for a problem that should not be an issue in the first place. 

I have a personal gripe with channels that have intro animations and "begging for likes and subscribers". In my opinion if the content is interesting and of good quality, people will subscribe of their own accord. I don't think Ninja needs to do this. As his videos are frequently "promoted" here on the forum BUT it's his channel and up to him what he does. 

Thanks again for your perspective, I enjoyed reading it. All the best

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, Rowr14 said:

Just chirping in as a vote not to remove the backing music, it adds a nice consistency to the videos and makes them easier for me to listen to personally. I would agree however that there could be a bigger divide in volume between music and voice or that a higher quality microphone could help. The criticism is fair.

Thanks man. Yes to be honest I have no idea how to make the volume any higher. My son does play with the mic sometimes, he thinks hes a star or something and I cant say no. I personally listen to the videos on my phone and on the net but I really don't hear the softness as some folks mention. I really do try to amp it up though. I too agree the background music helps. I mean we are talking hyperspin tutorials, kind of dry stuff :D

Well played on the HyperScore run! 

Played the video with headphones this time. Mic quality is still poor sadly, its definitely a problem your end not mine. Having your own music over the game music was also VERY off putting. 

Even if it's a dry subject you should put your own personality into the topic to make it exciting IMHO. If you want to use backing music, fair enough but it's a common complaint on YouTube videos that music often masks the voice over.

I still suggest you drop the music until you can resolve your mic quality issues. But it's your channel do as you wish. 

All the best with your future videos and projects. 

Archived