Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Weekly-Hyperspin Tutorials by Ninja2bceen

ninja2bceen

Well played on the HyperScore run! 
Played the video with headphones this time. Mic quality is still poor sadly, its definitely a problem your end not mine. Having your own music over the game music was also VERY off putting. 
Even if it's a dry subject you should put your own personality into the topic to make it exciting IMHO. If you want to use backing music, fair enough but it's a common complaint on YouTube videos that music often masks the voice over.
I still suggest you drop the music until you can resolve your mic quality issues. But it's your channel do as you wish. 
All the best with your future videos and projects. 

Thanks man. Maybe it’s a setting working the recording app I’m using. Everything on my pc is set to max volume when I record so it’s gotta be something in there. Will keep trying to improve it in further videos. I’m listening on my iPhone and it sounds crystal clear to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries. 

How far away are you from the mic? The "softness" people are describing, sounds more like you're "distanced" from the microphone to me. 

I fully understand the difficulty with audio quality. If I record on the Shield TV, the mic is built into the gamepad so it picks up the tapping of buttons and handling of the pad. 

The HD Logitech Webcam I use has a very good mic to be fair. It will actually pick up the faint whine of my PC's fans, I need to relubricate the bearings to kill that background noise. 

All the best 

No worries. 
How far away are you from the mic? The "softness" people are describing, sounds more like you're "distanced" from the microphone to me. 
I fully understand the difficulty with audio quality. If I record on the Shield TV, the mic is built into the gamepad so it picks up the tapping of buttons and handling of the pad. 
The HD Logitech Webcam I use has a very good mic to be fair. It will actually pick up the faint whine of my PC's fans, I need to relubricate the bearings to kill that background noise. 
All the best 

In the marquee video I can hear my kid screen I’m home just before I flip the camera back around. He was downstairs so I know it’s picking things up. I’m sitting at my cabinet and the mic is within a foot from my face. I use a screen capture program and the sound gets recorded through that. When I speak the volume hits the yellow range. I have a filter on to try and remove the arcade fan sound. It does a good job but maybe that is also effecting things. However the marquee video I’m using my phone. You can hear the humming from the cabinet there. Is the marquee video better or worst then the other videos? If they are the same then it’s something else. Also look at the latest Tetris gameplay. I didn’t add music to that one, was there any difference for you? It’s weird to me as well that I’ll listen to it on my phone and think it sounds fine, volume is turned all the way up though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I watched the 2nd HyperScore run, as you just pipped my score ;) It was much better without the added backing music clashing. To be honest I hate the Tetris game music, I turn the audio off and play something else when I do a run for the challenge. 

I'll check those other videos for you and report back. I'm currently laid up recovering from surgery, I'm not feeling great but I will get around to it soon! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived