Dear Hyperspin

I am having trouble renaming my MAME4droid (139.ui) rom files. There is more than one mxl file in the MAME directory and Don's Tools won't recognise any of the files in the 'roms' directory. What is the best way to rename these roms so they are compatible with Hyperspin? I am using the Nvidia Shield but I believe this to be irrelevant as this issue exists across all Hyperspin platforms. 

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Soup Pants

Dont ever rename mame roms...more hassel than needed. I tried it before someone told me lol

Get the right mame romset version for your emulator and find a xml and artwork to match.

The 2016 and current mame cores in RetroArch are good but the mame4droid 139 emulator is solid, i prefer it myself

• Super Like 1

I want to say a MASSIVE shout out to these two amazing Hyperspinners - Thatman84 & Honosuseri. Thank you so much fellas. You're making my job so much easier with this front end thing. I really appreciate it! 

Oh...….and while I'm at the keys I might as well ask a few more burning questions about Hyperspin not reading my data base. I have been able to rename most systems however I'm having trouble with Don's Tools recognising my Dreamcast XML file. - 'XML does not have any crc tags' and does not scan'. Any ideas about the best way to correct this? 

One final thing (for a while). What would be the be best method to download the wheel / artwork packs for the Nvidia Shield base download pack on this website (I think there were about 15 systems). Should these be individual downloads or is there an easier way?

Again...……..a huge thank you to the Hyperspin community.

Many of us have a PC setup already so we can just transfer the files from that. Hypersync will download what we need with a minimum of fuss. 

You can download packs manually from this website, there's a decent collection of free stuff but the really cool stuff is for paid up platinum members. 

You'll find free themes, box and cartridge artwork in the Hypermedia section. Just transfer it across to the STV via FTP software as I've already hinted at. 

I'm sure thatman gave you a link for the directory structure so you know what goes where 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By azzajess
      Hey everyone, I have assembled some useful Windows Batch Files to help with the automatic zipping for roms and other tasks.
      To create the .bat file simply create a text document within Windows and name it what you would like and make sure the extension is .bat
      Then you want to right click and press 'edit' in order to add text to the document. Simply copy and paste one of the following code and save it.
      By default windows doesnt normally allow you to see extensions of known file types so you may have to do a quick Google Search on how to show file extensions on all files
      If you would like to change the compression type to either 7z or zip, simply replace the extension where it says either .7z or .zip to the compression type you want.
      Some of these file can/may be improved, as these arnt perfect, however they may help you like they have helped me.
      NOTES
      You must have 7z installed on the computer. I have included the default directory to 7z however double check your directory to make sure its in the same place, otherwise change it to the correct directory
      All Batch files should be in the same directory you would like the operation, this means the .bat files are portable. So sometimes the Batch file may also be ziped up 😐
      -----
      BatchFolder2zip.bat
      The below code automatically zips the files inside folders with the folders name. This is useful for zipping up Foldered roms but dont want to zip up the folder as well. This is useful for SkumVM if you wanted to convert your folder rom set to ZIP
      for /d %%X in (*) do "C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "%%X.zip" "./%%X/*" Pseudo Code: For content inside every folder for any extension run 7z and add the contents inside folder and name the zip the same as the folder.
      ---------------------
      BatchFile27z.bat
      This automatically zips all files within the same directory of the batch file into a 7z. Useful for making NES or snes roms into 7z, or pretty much any standalone rom
      FOR %%i IN (*.*) DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "%%~ni.7z" "%%i" Pseudo Code: For the name of every file with any extension use 7z.exe to create a zip with the current name minus extension.
      -------------------
      BatchFilesInFolder27z.bat
      So what this does is it puts all the files inside multiple folders in the current directory into a 7z file outside the folder. HOWEVER it only zips the files within the folder if they have the same name but can have different extentions. For example Folder name is Crash_Bandicoot and inside the folder is Crash Bandicoot (USA).bin and Crash Bandicoot (USA).cue. The batch file will automatically zip both files inside the folder (because they have the same name) and place the zip outside that folder called Crash Bandicoot (USA).7z. Just keep in mind, this will also automatically zip any other file with a different name in its own zip such as track01.bin files. etc
      FOR /r %%i IN (*) DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "%%~ni.7z" "%%i" Pseudo Code: For files inside directory with any extension use 7z to add files to 7z with name INSIDE folder pairing it up with files of the same name
      ------------------
      BatchFile2Folder2Manual.bat
      For every PDF/anyfile [Replace(*.pdf*) with (*.*) or for text files (*.txt*)] file, it will create a folder of the same name and then rename the file to Manual.pdf. It will then move that file into the folder.
      This is useful for Manuals downloaded from EmuMovies Download Service as it downlaods the manual as the name of the game and to follow the structure of RocketLaunch, its normally in games name folder.
      FOR %%i IN (*.pdf*) DO md "%%~ni" & ren "%%i" Manual.pdf & move Manual.pdf "%%~ni" Pseudo Code: For every file name that ends with .pdf, create a folder with the PDF file name without .pdf and rename the pdf file to Manual.pdf then move the file into the folder just created.
      ------------------
      RenameFolderBasedOffFileName.bat
      This simply renames the folder based off the file name of whats inside the folder. Im not entirely sure the affect this has on multiple files within the folder so please try in a separate area before use
      for /d %%a in (*) do (   for %%b in ("%%a\*.*") do (     ren "%%a" "%%~nb"   ) ) ------------------
      RenameFilesInFolder2FolderName.bat
      This basically renames the files within the folder with the name of the folder. It specifically looks for iso/bins/cue and renames them based off the folder name. This is a dirty and is slower in performance however it does get the job done. If you wanted different file extensions, just change the the bin/cue/iso to another file extension. You can remove or add lines if necessary. This may cause conflict if you have more than one file in the folder with the same extension, however shouldn't matter if they are different extensions (bin/cue).  Please try this in a separate area before using it in your main folders. 
      for /r %%F in (*.bin) do @for %%A in ("%%F\..") do ren "%%F" "%%~nxA.bin" for /r %%F in (*.iso) do @for %%A in ("%%F\..") do ren "%%F" "%%~nxA.iso" for /r %%F in (*.cue) do @for %%A in ("%%F\..") do ren "%%F" "%%~nxA.cue" ------------------
      I am aware that there may be other utilities that can do the same thing such as Dons Rom Rename however these batch files may have other use cases and I am only sharing them because I found them useful, and it may help others as well. 
      I would recommend that you test it on a smaller batch to test it out before converting your entire rom library
      TIP: If you would like to see the progress when it finishes or want to debug it, Press enter at the end of the line and add      PAUSE         under the code
      If you have any useful batch files or improvements to the ones here, dont hesitate to share them.
      Cheers
    • By Brawndo
      Building my own theme... I figured maybe someone else would find value in some free Python scripts  Maybe I'll share the theme when I'm done.
      Tired of batching with photoshop? This script will shrink any number of images within a file to constrain the width and/or height to beneath a specific size (default is under 200px wide and/or 100px tall. Then, it will attach it to a background image, which can be anything you want. The default tile included is is Chicuelo's theme. Super easy and FAST! 
    • By DrSoupants
      Dear Hyperspin Community. 
      Before I go any further, can I please apologise for posting this request for information. I have no doubt that this has been covered thousands of times on thousands of posts on this website and I am indeed sorry. Feel free to scream at me profusely and use a range of poo emojis to communicate your frustration with me. I guess I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the content and I'm a bit unsure where to start. I'm definitely new to Hyperspin and need some help. 
      I have an Nvidia Shield, complete rom packs (at least I think they're complete) for a range of consoles, have the Retroarch emulator working and have a range of other emulators to play all of the games I want. I have a 2TB hard drive that am using as shared (or emulated) storage device and this is dedicated to the shield (non-removable). Ok......this is where you get pissed. 
      1.) Hyperspin tells me "Warning.....attempting to launch missing rom". Because my HD is emulated the path in ES explorer reads: 'storage/emulated/0/hyperspin/emulators ( …….then all of the console folders (eg: MAME)……. then all the rom folder)'.  Roms are placed in this folder. Can someone please tell me what I need to write in the individual setting file (eg: Nintendo 64.ini)  as I have had no luck at all with any of the games on the Hyperspin interface. I believe this to be my major problem. 
      2.) This is where you're really going to get the shits. I downloaded the base pack for the Nvidia Shield (from the Hyperspin site) and the start menu is great. When I enter a console I have a warning triangle telling me "Video Previews available at emumovies.com". How do I sinc the videos with the individual menus (I think they are referred to as 'systems' but I have no idea how to install these)???????? Soooo...……..where can I find these and how and where do I install them??
      3.) I believe that the fonts and images associated with roms are called 'wheels'. I have downloaded a few of these but how would I install these on the shield? 
      Basically, what I'm asking is...……... how can I setup Hyperspin on the Shield using a shared storage device so that it kicks some serious ass. 
      A huge thank you for anyone that can help me. Feel free to kick my ass in the comments but I've already done that over the past couple of weeks so I'm well ahead of you.
      Thank you so much Hyperspin and hope to hear from you soon. 
      Soup Pants. 
    • By Maligno555
      Hola amigos, les relato mi problema.
      Todo estaba perfecto, tenia mi setup de mame funcionando en Hyperspin
      hasta que comenzó a ocurrir como pueden ver he jugado bastante este titulo. luego del fade me salio este error, presiono escape y me doy cuenta de que el juego inicia pero quedo detrás del fade y no en fullscreen, cierro la ventana de mame regreso a Hyperspin trato de iniciar el juego otra vez y funciona. me di cuenta de que ocurre cada vez que abro un juego por primera vez (desde que enciendo la computadora). esto no pasaba antes, hice la prueba de quitar el fade y ocurre igual, siempre funciona a la segunda oportunidad. alguna idea?