Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

how to integrate a 2nd retroarch aarch64 to hyperspin

mikty

For what it's worth - I run into the same issue as well. Modified the ini files, tried to set a different config folder, etc... but at the end of the day I still get the "config directory not set" error when trying to launch through the 64bit retroarch on my nvidia shield tv.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing around with Retroarch64 on its own so I can get the feel for it before merging it with my HyperSpin setup, but my Shield controllers aren't being recognized at all for some reason. I can navigate the RA64 menus and map buttons but whenever I boot up a game, no buttons on the controller are recognized (except the Shield TV Home button). This goes for both my 2015 + 2017 style controllers.

Anyone else having problems like this? Thinking I should just delete all my controller configs for RA + RA64 but scared I may screw up my current HS setup.  

• 4 weeks later...

Also, in watching how Arc Browser launches the aarch64 build, it's clear that it is passing to Retroarch the path to the config file to use, however Hyperspin is not, which leads to Retroarch making its own best estimate which is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

There are other ways of skinning this cat. A tasker task that sends out the proper intent when it itself is run as an application through HS. Or writing an app that receives intents and then sends them out depending on what it receives. Basically, we would need to create an app that would be the go between HS and Retroarch or whatever else.

2 hours ago, zerojay said:

There are other ways of skinning this cat. A tasker task that sends out the proper intent when it itself is run as an application through HS. Or writing an app that receives intents and then sends them out depending on what it receives. Basically, we would need to create an app that would be the go between HS and Retroarch or whatever else.

This would be nice to see. Never had much luck with tasker myself

Just got back to this last night. I succeeded in creating a task in Tasker that can launch either 32/64 bit versions of Retroarch with the game and config files needed. 64-bit launches and works properly, unlike the previous attempts where it was clear the config file wasn't being passed. Looking into how I can pass parameters to the task to allow me to create one task that can handle all ROMs for a system... and if that works, maybe all ROMs period. Long-term, I'd like to also add the ability to define a libretro core per game from a text file. We'll see. More updates soon.

Exciting stuff, looking forward to seeing it in action. My Shield time is very slowly increasing again which is good.

4 minutes ago, zerojay said:

Long-term, I'd like to also add the ability to define a libretro core per game from a text file. 

This is a top feature of mine. It could open up lots of possibilities for custom wheels. Add some real polish to the Shield setup :)

2 hours ago, zerojay said:

Just got back to this last night. I succeeded in creating a task in Tasker that can launch either 32/64 bit versions of Retroarch with the game and config files needed. 64-bit launches and works properly, unlike the previous attempts where it was clear the config file wasn't being passed. Looking into how I can pass parameters to the task to allow me to create one task that can handle all ROMs for a system... and if that works, maybe all ROMs period. Long-term, I'd like to also add the ability to define a libretro core per game from a text file. We'll see. More updates soon.

Nice, hope we could arrive to achieve this. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing short of writing an Android app is going to work here. A simple app will need to receive an intent from Hyperspin, read the extra intent info and then use that info to send an intent to our emulator of choice with extras needed. 

• 3 months later...

Thanks to the person that suggested recompiling the .APK, I did so last month and changed it to allow RetroArch64 to run.  I have a large amount of emulators and I now use the 64 bit cores for all of them without an issue, I have no need for the 32bit RetroArch anymore. Cheers

2 hours ago, yarrick said:

Thanks to the person that suggested recompiling the .APK, I did so last month and changed it to allow RetroArch64 to run.  I have a large amount of emulators and I now use the 64 bit cores for all of them without an issue, I have no need for the 32bit RetroArch anymore. 

Awesome....would u like to leave a tutorial in case others wants to give it a go....I myself would like gamecube in retroarch but cant use it due to the cfg differences between the 2 apks....can u run both at the same time in hyperspin or no?

Also how do u resign an apk....I currently use retroarch 176 I think but would like to add all my current cores then make it an apk again but with all cores in there...that way i can move my setup around without any issues or redownlaoding of cores

8 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Awesome....would u like to leave a tutorial in case others wants to give it a go....I myself would like gamecube in retroarch but cant use it due to the cfg differences between the 2 apks....can u run both at the same time in hyperspin or no?

Sure I would be happy to do a tutorial

My only concern is that perhaps the original creator of the APK would not want this, however all I did was change one line in the code so perhaps they would be willing to update the APK themselves?

Unfortunately my programming skills are lacking so I could not figure out how to do a split between retroarch emulators but I am wondering what emulators you want to run on RetroArch32 as I find all of mine work right now on RetroArch64?

18 minutes ago, yarrick said:

My only concern is that perhaps the original creator of the APK would not want this, however all I did was change one line in the code so perhaps they would be willing to update the APK themselves?

Pass the guide to me 1st and I will approve it with the other admins. I doubt there will be an issue. :)

8 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Also how do u resign an apk....I currently use retroarch 176 I think but would like to add all my current cores then make it an apk again but with all cores in there...that way i can move my setup around without any issues or redownlaoding of cores

I did it on my laptop which I will have back later, 

I signed it with a( sorry cannot remember the name as it was a month ago)  APK signing tool.

Archived