So I have Hyperspin setup everything like SNES, NES, NEO GEO, MAME, Genisis working great except for the Dreamcast.  I am currently running the most up to date of all the software,

I use RocketLauncher and Retroarch with either reicast or reicast oit core.  Launching games from retroarch itself everything works fine but when using hyperspin it completely locks up and freezes.  The problem at least I think is rocketlauncher and hyperspin wont see the games unless they are zipped in 7z, zip or rar when I run the games audit.  The games have to be unzipped for retroach to run them when i test them. 

So I guess my question is is there a way to get rocketlauncher/hyperspin to see and audit the games in there native cdi, ghd, or chd format?  I have made sure the file names are current with the database and they still wont see them when I audit or run hyperspin.

Please any help would be great.

Thank you so much

Thats exactly what I wanted to do just couldnt think of how and it totally fixed my issue since it didnt have file formats cdi or ghd in there.

3 hours ago, MegaSpawnX said:

So I have Hyperspin setup everything like SNES, NES, NEO GEO, MAME, Genisis working great except for the Dreamcast.  I am currently running the most up to date of all the software,

I use RocketLauncher and Retroarch with either reicast or reicast oit core.  Launching games from retroarch itself everything works fine but when using hyperspin it completely locks up and freezes.  The problem at least I think is rocketlauncher and hyperspin wont see the games unless they are zipped in 7z, zip or rar when I run the games audit.  The games have to be unzipped for retroach to run them when i test them. 

So I guess my question is is there a way to get rocketlauncher/hyperspin to see and audit the games in there native cdi, ghd, or chd format?  I have made sure the file names are current with the database and they still wont see them when I audit or run hyperspin.

Please any help would be great.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Honosuseri
      As we celebrate 25 years of DOOM! John Romero has brought us SIGIL, an unofficial 5th chapter to the original game. So as Retroarch's Prboom core has now been updated to support it...figured I should really add it to my Doom Classics wheel...
      Threw together a Sigil theme, wheel art and video snap. I was pleasantly surprised, that the prboom core now played the midi music natively. Doom 1&2 originally required me to add the music tracks as mp3 files. 
    • By Honosuseri
      As you probably know there is a RetroArch core to play Daphne games BUT currently it's broken! I wish the developer luck getting the official core stable.

Thanks to @Reznnate. We now have access again to the working test core (HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1frcFNWPinSkfyafsBXsnfHd46_kS1yIY). We can install this .so file through a new feature in RA, an install core option under "load cores" has been added. I've put together a video to help you peeps understand the Daphne game files and the settings required to get the games playing through RA and Hyperspin. I hope it's of help to some of you....

• By zerojay
      A few days ago, I decompiled and edited the Hyperspin APK to allow users to use 32-bit and 64-bit installations of Retroarch together. It's been confirmed working by the community and you can find that edited APK here: https://zerojay.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/3QfPqYM4A6ymjr4
      It works as you would have originally expected using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Retroarch to work, so in your Settings_Android system ini file, change the exe to com.retroarch to use the 32-bit version or change it to com.retroarch.aarch64 to use the 64-bit version.
      32-bit Retroarch: exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture 64-bit Retroarch: exe=com.retroarch.aarch64/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture Currently, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Retroarch will be called using the 32-bit configuration files, however I will likely be updating the APK to allow you to use the 64-bit configs as well for those who may wish to use different settings for both. When that happens, I'll keep both versions of the APK available so that you can decide what you want to use.

So now that the community has solved the Retroarch 32-bit problem, it would be really helpful to compile a list of cores and the version of Retroarch that it works best under. In some cases, certain cores currently only function under one or the other, but not both. In some rare cases, cores stopped working like Daphne, so again, these are things that we would like to call out. (By the way, for anything like Daphne where more recent cores no longer work, I can host them for the community if needed. Just let me know (and I do myself still need to get that working Daphne core myself).

I'll update the top post here to reflect the community's findings so that people only need to come to one place to find the info they need.
      --- Core Information ----
      atari800 - non-functional on 32-bit due to Android security changes, use 64-bit Retroarch core.
      mame - Latest version of MAME core only recently started compiling on 32-bit, not available yet on 64-bit.

EDIT: Updated link for latest updated build.
    • By Ozbrithian
      Ok. I'm new at this. Basically, when I initially set up Rocket Launcher I set Hyperspin.exe as my Default Frontend Path in Rocket Launcher. I opened Hyperspin, and opened games and all was well. Few hours later I turn off PC, go to bed.
      Next day, I come home boot up PC, run Hyperspin and get error message about RetroArch. See first attached pic. I look at my global setting and see that RocketLauncherUI.exe is set as my Default Frontend Path, see 2nd pic. I change it back to Hyperspin.exe and all is again well, games are launching.
      Next day, boot up PC. Same thing. Why is it forgetting my settings when I turn off the PC? Is there a 'Save Settings' or 'And I mean it this time!' button I'm not seeing and need to click?
      Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.