On 10/9/2019 at 6:06 AM, Honosuseri said:

MS-DOS is an utter pig, I didn't bother with it in Hyperspin on the STV. I use Magic Dosbox and load it through Kodi's main menu,

I've never managed to work out Magic Dosbox since sideloading it to shield. First problem I couldn't get a mouse cursor to appear using the shield controller, i got a mini usb keyboard to solve that issue but then found i couldnt load games from an external hdd. 

4 hours ago, Gingerdilligaf said:

I've never managed to work out Magic Dosbox since sideloading it to shield. First problem I couldn't get a mouse cursor to appear using the shield controller, i got a mini usb keyboard to solve that issue but then found i couldnt load games from an external hdd. 

I have a 1TB SSHD adopted as internal storage to expand the 16GB, never tried doing stuff from external drives. I barely use MDB or play MS-DOS games on the STV. I'm not one of those people that wants to "brag" that they have 300+ wheels in Hyperspin. The wheels I have are stuff I want to play and they're done well.

I'd love to help you out but it would drag this thread off topic and to be honest I'm pretty busy with this Amiga project and PC VR.

This is very exciting stuff. Thanks for all the hard work. Love the Amiga & looking forward to this beast set.

24 minutes ago, PiperCalls said:

This is very exciting stuff. Thanks for all the hard work. Love the Amiga & looking forward to this beast set.

Thank you!

Just so you are aware. Ransom is also busy covering the Amiga for the Raspberry Pi with Amiberry, although I do know he's helping some other guys out with an Android Hyperspin project. He did ask me nicely if I'd consider teaming up with those guys again (as I frankly know more about the Amiga than they do) but I've refused. It's possible they may finish before me as they are just concentrating on using UAE4ARM.

I want to sort Amiga emulation on PC first. I'm going to have to tinker with some Rocketlauncher modules as well as sort and create media, although to my knowledge I have more Amiga media than anybody else. This gives the Amiberry team time to complete the Android port and then I can turn my attention to uae files for that and the media I've done for PC can be used on Android.

You still holding your breath for Amiberry for Android? Really after all these years... ?

With no proof or any evidence the port to Android is possible. I've given up waiting. The dev is way to busy with supporting Amiberry on single board computers then to mess with an unfamiliar OS.

Uae4arm is the way to go forward on Android, and with any issues or hiccups, lubo is surely prepared to at least look at it and or solve it.

If or when Amiberry arrives on Android I'll then pay attention to it. Otherwise Ill spend my time elsewhere.

12 hours ago, ransom1122 said:

You still holding your breath for Amiberry for Android? Really after all these years... ?

With no proof or any evidence the port to Android is possible. I've given up waiting. The dev is way to busy with supporting Amiberry on single board computers then to mess with an unfamiliar OS.

Uae4arm is the way to go forward on Android, and with any issues or hiccups, lubo is surely prepared to at least look at it and or solve it.

If or when Amiberry arrives on Android I'll then pay attention to it. Otherwise Ill spend my time elsewhere.

No I'm not holding my breath. My priority is to finally sort the Commodore Amiga out for Hyperspin! The best emulators (with cycle exact) are on PC and the Lion's share of Hyperspin users are PC based (because the PC version is superior). So that is now my focus and sorting the other Commodore computers that have been sorely neglected.

I'm well aware of the state of Android emulation (you know this). I don't think it was a coincidence that UAE4ARM started working again on Android TV, shortly after I sent the dev a crash log. I didn't see anyone else post one on github, I've done my fair share to help the Android side of things along.

There is already an Amiga set done for Android which was rushed and of poor quality. I'm not convinced the guys working on the new set using your updated hdf files will do it properly. No disrespect to them, the Amiga is a complicated system to emulate. I have my doubts they'll know the games are actually running as close to true speed as possible or know how to create a Workbench environment like I did for Android. I wish them luck with it, I do like seeing people excited about the Amiga which I do adore.

I know you're busy with the RPI, I'll focus on PC and will then turn to Android once that's complete. If Amiberry is still in Limbo come that time, I already have an impressive working set of uae files for UAE4ARM to use as a base to update. The media assets created for PC can be used on Android, I think I'm actually using my time wisely.

P.S

Thank you for the update about Rygar (AGA) that has now been ported to the Amiga (it's an awesome game). I'm sure PC users are excited to get a definitive Amiga set to add to their collection.

• Super Like 1

FYI.. I haven't turned my pi on ever since i released my last pi COLOSSAL 256gb Retro image months ago.

Android IMO is a better system to play with. Does far better in emulation and non gaming things.

As for advancing forward. I have a say in how amiga goes forward with HS, and yes, AGA and NON wheels will be implement. Optimized uae configs for each game etc etc. 

It looks like work on this will be doubled up from yourself and the "other side." It's a shame it was never worked "as a team" instead of divide and conquer approach.

Lucky for me, I have 4 other guys willing to help and advance amiga forward with HS and my new hdfs. So i dare say it wont take that long.

39 minutes ago, ransom1122 said:

FYI.. I haven't turned my pi on ever since i released my last pi COLOSSAL 256gb Retro image months ago.

Android IMO is a better system to play with. Does far better in emulation and non gaming things.

As for advancing forward. I have a say in how amiga goes forward with HS, and yes, AGA and NON wheels will be implement. Optimized uae configs for each game etc etc. 

It looks like work on this will be doubled up from yourself and the "other side." It's a shame it was never worked "as a team" instead of divide and conquer approach.

Lucky for me, I have 4 other guys willing to help and advance amiga forward with HS and my new hdfs. So i dare say it wont take that long.

Well I have more faith that it will be well done then, if you aren't doing the RPI.

It's not a divide and conquer approach. The Amiga on PC needs sorting out, Rocket Launcher modules need adapting and of course the media sorting (which I've been chipping away at). I don't want to work with others and deal with egos, arguing why I want things done a certain way or teach people, for them to then want to branch off and go their own way.

I started this thread for my Amiga project. It's already helping others who want to do their own setups which is great. It makes no odds to me if people want to use the setup I will eventually release or another, as long as people are still enjoying the Amiga.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Honosuseri
      Retroarch (Google Play) has updated itself to the latest version 1.7.8 and it seems to have broken compatibility with Hyperspin 😕

Having done some quick reading (https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-7-8-important-changes-for-people-using-the-google-play-build/) it seems under the "infinite wisdom" of Google. They're forced to build in both 32 and 64bit support for the app, so the device (Shield TV) will default to using the 64bit version as it is a 64bit device. I'm not entirely sure what's gone wrong as I haven't had time to delve further into it, although I know ZeroJay did a modded Hyperspin apk for 64bit support (that doesn't work either). Just wanted to warn users so they don't update and have any aggro.

You can still side load 32bit versions of Retroarch, I'll do that later and test. I'm actually quite excited about some of the features that have now come in the latest version.

***EDIT***

The retroarch_ra32.apk (v1.7.8) changes the path (typical). So it's now "exe=com.retroarch32/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture". Hyperspin doesn't like this and it misbehaves as it did trying to load the original 64bit Google play version, which is why ZeroJay did the modified Hyperspin apk.

• By thatman84
      Please note my knowledge of this system does not run deep but everything here works and plays fine.
      What is it?
      Capcom Play System III or CPS-3 is an arcade system board that was first used by Capcom in 1996 with the arcade game Red Earth. It was the second successor to the CP System arcade hardware, following the CP System II. It would be the last proprietary system board Capcom would produce before moving on to the Dreamcast-based Naomi platform.
      How to emulate in Android (Shield TV)
      Quick and simple way is with the FBA core of RetroArch and matching FBA romset.
      At time of writing current versions are:-
      Core:- FB Alpha v0.2.97.42 (commit 6b7a701)
      FBA:- 0.2.97.42 (9 July 2017)
      Other options are MAME core in RetroArch or MAME4Droid reloaded (0.139mame romset). I believe the CHD files are needed for some games and with MAME4Droid, at least,  I had to "install" the game when it 1st launched in the emulator. That process took about 20-30mins and not all worked. Redearth was one I tested and "installed".
      Games
      JoJo no Kimyouna Bouken: Miraie no Isan (Japan 990913) = (jojoba.zip)
      JoJo's Venture (USA 990108) = (jojo.zip)
      Red Earth (Euro 961121) = (redearth.zip)
      Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack (USA 970930) = (sfiii2.zip)
      Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (EUR 990608) = (sfiii3.zip)
      Street Fighter III: New Generation (USA 970204) = (sfiii.zip)

Note:-
      I replaced this entry in the official database with the european version as I could not get it to launch in FBA.
      Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (USA 990608) = (sfiii3u.zip)
      EDIT:- USA version is working with RetroArch core version 0.2.97.44. Make sure you have the correct RomSet version
      Setup Steps...
      1.  Open RetroArch and download the Arcade (FA Alpha) core.
                                     Main Menu -> Online Updater -> Core Updater

1a. Transfer your games to your prefered location (You only need the six zip files listed in the database and above)

2. Add the "Capcom Play System III" system to your Hyperspin setup with HyperHQ on a PC and transfer the files/folder to your device or by manually creating all the relevent folders to your device. (Download at bottom of guide)
      3. Add Capcom Play SYstem III to your Main Menu.xml or Main Menu_Android.xml
      4. Add these lines to your Capcom Play System III.ini file found in Hyperspin/Settings/ or Hyperspin/Settings_Android/
      exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
      romextension=zip
      parameters=cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so

PLAY SOME STREET FIGHTER .......................

Extra Notes:-
      Under the FB Alpha "Quick Menu -> Options" you can select between different regions. Choosing a different region will give you the different loading screens along with other things I'm not sure about.
      Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (Default)Euro

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (USA)

ANDROID MEDIA PACK AND DATABASE (Get your videos from emumovies.com)
      Hyperspin-CPS3Android.zip

• By Honosuseri
      As we celebrate 25 years of DOOM! John Romero has brought us SIGIL, an unofficial 5th chapter to the original game. So as Retroarch's Prboom core has now been updated to support it...figured I should really add it to my Doom Classics wheel...
      Threw together a Sigil theme, wheel art and video snap. I was pleasantly surprised, that the prboom core now played the midi music natively. Doom 1&2 originally required me to add the music tracks as mp3 files. 
    • By thatman84
      (FYI having trouble with upping some screenshots and the new formatting so please excuse the wierd format)
      Converting 16x9 Themes for Hyperspin Android
      List of theme animation compatibility
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-8Ofa_GrAdnQ22nf7W7QYVeQoKBQxA_-
      (I am in NO way competent with artwork resolutions but my method works and looks good to me)
      Why...
      Because sometimes that theme you really liked just doesn’t display correctly 
      The main reason for theme problems is the use of animation and scripting of the .swf assets in the “theme”.zip
      (It’s best to replace themes that cause Hyperspin to crash out, but you can try to convert them)
       What’s covered...
             1.      Extract PNG assets from swf files
             2.      Reduce HQ artwork to be compatible with Hyperspin
             3.      Further reduce artwork width to allow for Hyperspin 4x3 -> 16x9 stretching
             4.      Recompile your theme

What is Needed:
      Update on resizing tool.
            Fotosizer is now advised against because of the compression/quality loss it causes.
      pPlease use Photoshop or this program recommended by @IceLancer https://sourceforge.net/projects/easyimagesizer/?source=typ_redirect
      A    A  Fotosizer (http://www.fotosizer.com/) batch resize image files
              B.     Flash Decompiler (https://www.free-dec...flash/download/) extract png’s from swf
              C.     Time and Themes
       I have done a little testing for Main Menu themes. This spreadsheet shows what I have tested and its Android compatibility status. The sheet has download section links for all themes I have tried.

Let’s get to it... 

So grab a theme zip you want to play with and Unzip it. Any 16x9 Main Menu, Game or System Default theme will do.

BakerMan provided me a guide to extracting the PNG’s from SWF but it has since been lost. 
      These are the steps
              1.      Open JPEXS once downloaded and installed from link above
              2.      Click on the “Open” tab and browse to the offending .swf file from your unzipped theme

SCREENSHOT

3.      Right click on “Images” on the left and click “Export Selection”
      (At this step you may find multiple images. If these images are only parts of one image, say the arms and legs of a character, you will have to lose that image completely from the theme or replace it with another one)

SCREENSHOT2
             4.      Click “ok” to PNG file type then choose a location for the exported images (Default is Desktop. Only export one at a time and  then move the PNG out of the output folder as it overwrites each one if not)

SCREENSHOT3
             5.      Now browse to that Output location and you will find your PNG’s in an “images” folder.

You are now ready for phase 2 – Resizing the images
      Note, fotosizer does cause a reduction in artwork quality. If your sensitive to this you may want to use another method. (If you know of a better program please comment) I only run a 37' screen and don't mind myself.
      (Resizing Artwork is covered comprehensively by Avar in his tutorials found HERE)
      Open Fotosizer Add the Artwork that was converted to PNG Reduce the images to 68% KEEP MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO TICKED (this is the best size for the ones I have done)  
              4.       Move the right side settings bar down and select an Output Folder

5   Remove that Artwork from Fotosizer
      6.   Add the newly resized artwork back into Fotosizer
      7.   Reduce the Width to 75% (to allow HS to stretch it back when its loaded)
      8.   UNTICK MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO

9.   Now add this finished art back into the theme folder and zip it up again

10.       Name the zip file the same as you have it in the “Main Menu.xml” database

Final Thoughts...

Now when you try this theme out you may find the artwork has slightly changed location. If so adjust the Artwork positions in the theme.xml file within the theme.zip OR load it into Hypertheme and adjust it as required

Hope this helps someone.

HS Android Theme Animations.txt