Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Adding something besides mame, such as dolphin

Tommatt

So I went through, and followed all the steps that I did in the guide for getting Rame running  But I'm not getting Hyperspin, with RocketLaunch, to recognize the Dolphin emulator.  Or more precisely, as far as I can tell, any rom paths.  I do an audit and nothing shows up.

Can anyone clue me in on where I may have went wrong?  I basically went through the mame guide and just replaced it with dolphin.  When I get to the rocketlauncher portion, and go to audit games, no games show up.  I feel like i"m missing something very basic but can't seem to figure out what I did wrong for this emulator.

Thank you.

*edit*I think it may have to do with the AHK, or is there something I need to do different with dolphin?

On 12/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, bigdic said:

Is it finding and the playing games through dolphin as a stand alone emulator?

Hyperspin says can't find xml file and when I look in rocket launcher UI it doesn't show any games when I audit.

I feel like I"m missing something simple.

53 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

Maybe some screenshots will help ? you are giving no info as to where you are on your setup.

Like you say it's something simple but you need to give a bit more information

I'll take some screenshots soon with how it's set up.  I should show you the rocket launcher ui correct?

thanks again for the help and sorry for my sporadic replies.

13 minutes ago, bigdic said:

Have you added an XML file to the corrasponding (Wii or GameCube) hyperspin database folder?

I believe I've done it right.  But again, rocket launch doesn't recognize it but I put this in my dolphin folder that points to the 3rd picture above

Hyperspin 4.jpg

Wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the help, I know it's something stupid and simple I missed.  But I followed guides for mame specifically and this is my first time setting something else up in it.

Also, hope the pictures are ok and not too big. 

you might find your module is now outdated, check over at rocketlauncher for new updated version if it still does not load when you have moved database to correct place, as a few months ago dolphin emulator changed the way it loads and module had to be updated ( non  official).

The rest apart from xml that needs to go where @bigdic mentions seems ok.

Also check your games list comes up in green and all files are .iso, if not add other extensions.

this is one of the easier systems to setup, so not much else needs changed in RL settings etc

1.  you should not be using local emulators (adding an emulator profile the way you did)

use global emulators

go to your rocektlauncer folder

C:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Settings

you will find a global emulators example ini file.   Global Emulators (Example)

make a copy and rename it so that you have this

C:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Settings\Global Emulators.ini

you will have a  full list of global emulators pre configured for you.

2.  you should have multiple game listed in your audit,  but it looks like your Gamecube XML is either empty or you don't have one.

I"m not sure what your XML in your Dolphin emulator is but your Hyperspin Gamecube XML should be in the database folder

C:\HyperSpin\Databases\Nintendo GameCube\Nintendo GameCube.XML

3.  Make sure that the names of your ISOs match the names in the XML.

On 12/17/2018 at 3:48 AM, bigdic said:

The XML file needs to go in the hyperspin/databases/Nintendo GameCube folder and not the dolphin one. ?

This worked to get them to show up!  Now to work out the kinks on getting it working.  Right now it's launching dolphin not the game, but I ight be able to figure this out.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:27 PM, 32assassin said:

1.  you should not be using local emulators (adding an emulator profile the way you did)

use global emulators

2.  you should have multiple game listed in your audit,  but it looks like your Gamecube XML is either empty or you don't have one.

I"m not sure what your XML in your Dolphin emulator is but your Hyperspin Gamecube XML should be in the database folder

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying.  I will try going through the steps and see how it works.  Thank you

*Edit* Ok I see what you mean

55 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

more screenshots may help

I'm not sure what to show really besides what I have above.  I realized it shouldn't be .iso, and switched it to iso, and then even used the global emulator settings as mentioned above, keeping the path I had for my emulator.  I audit games, the ones I have show up, I go to launch, and instead of launching the game Dolphin pops up with the games to choose from.  Here are some screen shots, not sure if any are helpful

hyperspin 6.jpg

hyperspin 9.jpg

hyperspin 7.jpg

hyperspin 8.jpg

Also, I tried the global thing, but then it shows up only under global, not under gamecube?  Why would I edit the global ini to have them all under global?  I thought I wanted each to have it's own thing and just set up dolphin just like I did with the mame set up guide?  I saw I could select the emulator from global, but still don't get it.  This is in regards to

On 12/17/2018 at 4:27 PM, 32assassin said:

use global emulators

here are some screenshots of how mine is setup, yours should be similar apart from the drive locations.

also you may have the wrong dolphin as if I remember rightly, I couldn't get the latest one to work. (you can see the one I am using in the hyper hq screenshot) 

1.png

2.png

3.png

I feel like everything is the same in my settings.  I just downloaded the same version of dolphin that you have.  When I try to load from rocketlauncher it launches dolphin, and when I try from hyperspin I get can't find gamecube.ini

The gamecube.ini is something I will need to figure out later first i need to get it to launch in rocket launcher.  But rocketlauncher just launches the emulator, not the game I select.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:20 AM, Tommatt said:

Also, I tried the global thing, but then it shows up only under global, not under gamecube?  Why would I edit the global ini to have them all under global?  I thought I wanted each to have it's own thing and just set up dolphin just like I did with the mame set up guide?  I saw I could select the emulator from global, but still don't get it.  This is in regards to

hopefully you go ti now. but case you don't

a global emulator can be applied to every single system you have added (if supported)

example

you can set up a global emulator for Retroarch

and then apply the same global emulator for every system supported for retorarch such as NES SNES GB GBC GBA  SMS Genesis GG  ect

or you can set up 10-20 local retroarch emulators with the same settings!!!!  for each system you plan to run with retroarch.

both options work, its your choice on what you wan to do.

in your case you can use the Global Dolphin emulator for the GameCube AND   the Wii.

but for this system I would recommend that you set up two different emulators

1 for the GameCube and another for the Wii given that you will probably have different settings to run each system

I have multiple 

GameCube

Triforce

Wii

Dolphin (default not used)

and you might wan to attach your error log, to determine where your process is stopping.

Capture.PNG

10 hours ago, bigdic said:

Are your games green in the rocket launcher section? And is this where you are testing them from when it starts dolphin exe instead of the game?

Yes they show up as green, and when I go to launch it through Rocketlauncher, it launches dolphin itself, not the game within dolphin.  I could probably select a game from dolphin at this point, but I just have exited out.

@32assasin I will try to look for my error log

Archived