mikty

launch neogeo cd games from fb alpha through hyerpsin android shield tv

Hi,

with the recent progress of neo geo cd emulation on retroarch fb alpha witch launch bin cue and ccd format, is someone is able to launch it from hyperspin android ?

on the stand alone retroarch, we have to launch a game using a sub menu so for our hyperspin setting, it would be tricky.

If someone a success with this thanks

regards

Not tried myself yet. My dabble soon, been working on my AES/MVS setup and currently have Neo CD with CHD on mame.

I only found a set of 44 bin/cues so wont go all out until I finish collecting

Ok thanks. I would like to use Fba for the runahead feature.we have to wait from retroarch team to launch directly cue from menu thanks

4 hours ago, mikty said:

Ok thanks. I would like to use Fba for the runahead feature.we have to wait from retroarch team to launch directly cue from menu thanks

Subsystem is a commanline option

"--subsytem" is what you want

Although I am uncertain thst we can do this with Hyperspin. I would sugest adding --subsytem neocd to the end of the parameters line in the ini.

I would have to do a log from Hyperspin on my shield to refresh myself on the Libretro intent. I think it may cut any additions off. In this case its another limitation to Hyperspin android......and with no word on anymore support negatives are racking up with the ommisson of arch64 aswell now

• Super Like 1

Thanks I will try this. And for aarch64 support hope someday reznate could look after is baby!

@mikty I gave this some testing tonight, It sort of came back to me now......

Afaik Hyperspin Andorid settings files dont expose use the correct placement of additions make the extra --subsystem neocd command work.

We have a

rompath= Must be a file path to the roms
exe= Must be an apps packed name otherwise Hyperspin throws an error of Missing Emulator
parameter= Basically to only area to attempt edits

The way Hyperspin is preconfigured with the retroarch launch intent means IMO it wont be possible. I could be wrong but I am fairly certain, Same with the CONFIGFILE path, its preconfigured..

Here are the log exerts if you try to edit the parameter line

02-11 20:30:32.697 31765 31783 I RetroArch: [ENV]: libretro path: [/data/data/co
m.retroarch/cores/fba_libretro_android.so --subsystem neocd]

02-11 20:30:33.019 31765 31783 W RetroArch: --libretro argument "/data/data/com.
retroarch/cores/fba_libretro_android.so --subsystem neocd" is neither a file nor
 directory. Ignoring.

02-11 21:38:27.985 19478 19500 I RetroArch: [ENV]: libretro path: [/data/data/co
m.retroarch/--subsystem neocd cores/fba_libretro_android.so]

02-11 21:38:28.303 19478 19500 W RetroArch: --libretro argument "/data/data/com.
retroarch/--subsystem neocd cores/fba_libretro_android.so" is neither a file nor
 directory. Ignoring.

thanks for your try, I have follow your advice and like you, can't launch these. what a pity

thanks again