Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Can you change the filenames to the actual game names?

Imgema

What i need to do is rename the Amiga rom files that are named according to the hyperlist, (GoldenAxe_v1.3_0017) to the game name (Golden Axe).

So instead of a "GoldenAxe_v1.3_0017.zip" i will end up with a "Golden Axe.zip" file.

I know the information exists in the hyperlist file. And when i open it in Rocketlauncher, i can see the correct names next to the code names the rom files have.

But how to do this? If done, i can use the roms in other frontends that have trouble scrapping the current hyperlist named files.

Doing this manually one by one would take days as there are almost 2.000 files here. I also can't do this with Don's tools or the Hyperspin Rom manager. So i'm asking for some help in case someone knows a different tool or if i missed something and i can do this easily.

Once you change the names they won't match the database. So it too needs editing and then all media needs to also be renamed to match!

I have an Amiga Forever project on the go to sort out the mess that is the Amiga. A new database and media with static sensible naming, rather than the WHDLoad zips which keep changing with each update.

So...The incredibly easy way to "rename the files" would be to instead search out the Amiga HDF game collection done by a good friend of mine. These are the latest WHDload zips converted to the HDF file format which has better compatibility with emulators on other platforms (Android, RPI etc) but equally as good on PC. He's currently working on a new HDF collection which should be complete before the end of the year. He's ditched the naming used in the WHDLoad zips

Archived