Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Considering paying for premium but have questions

gec5741

I setup hyperspin a few years back and have things working pretty well. I'm not getting back to playing with all this as the end goal in a few years will be to build an actual Arcade cab.  I currently have a few systems setup and had already downloaded the majority of the art and snaps etc.  But going forward when setting up new systems I'd like to just use hypersync and let it do all the hard work.  My question is If I set this up and Sync on an already setup system to maybe catch any snaps or box art I may be missing Do I want to tell it to update the database or will that mess things up?   I'm guessing it will overwrite my already downloaded art and tuff so I could just make a copy or rename the current game folder just in case?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't update the databases from sync. It still uses Hyperlist which AFAIK has not been maintained.

Like Aorin states in that thread, there are a few threads here where users have tried to curate their own databases and share them. Unfortunately, these setups are very "personal taste" oriented and no 1 database is going to please everyone. I suggest downloading a freeware program called notepad++ (notepad-plusplus) so you can edit your own if need be:

634315524_rlnotepad.thumb.PNG.1737ede817c00879206a31913c4f5f21.PNG

It says "module edit" but is also used for DB's:

1197310085_rlmamedbedit.thumb.PNG.a92d8a9e66c9ecd0e0f952f32553e040.PNG

Archived