Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Attract mode

skellington

I'm currently using attract mode as a FE I've been considering moving to HS but the set up is very tedious and complicated. I was wondering if I get platinum membership do my roms need to be working on HS or do I just need to have them on a folder to obtain their respective wheel,art,etc.

19 hours ago, skellington said:

I'm currently using attract mode as a FE I've been considering moving to HS but the set up is very tedious and complicated. I was wondering if I get platinum membership do my roms need to be working on HS or do I just need to have them on a folder to obtain their respective wheel,art,etc.

If you want a simple frontend then get Launchbox not Hyperspin.  If you want a complicated highly configurable frontend get Hyperspin.

a platinum membership gives you access to the

FTP

HyperSync

neither of those options will let you download any roms or videos!!!!!!

roms work with your emulator not HS

The hard part of setting HS is getting your emulators to work 

Hyperspin uses  predefined lists of games called XMLs

this  lists contain specific rom names.

If you want to use HS  you will first need to rename your roms so that it matches with the official Hypeerspin XMLs.

https://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/forum/17-hyperbase-databases/

You can use custom names but you will need to create your won XMLs and rename all the media to match those games.

Archived