HyperSync, HyperList and FTP are now back online ×
RemyPArcade

HyperSpin Roms

So I am having this problem where i would download a set of roms it wouldn't read the roms because the name is different. Example is trying to run "Super Mario 64 (USA)" but couldnt find the game because the file name is "Super Mario (U)" is there any way that hyperspin or rocketlauncher can read (U) and (USA) as the same?

Short answer is no, names must match the database exactly.

That naming scheme is based mostly off "No-Intro" sets so it might be easier to just get that.

If you really want to use the set you have now you can try some programs that use a "fuzzy match" logic to guess... but most of these sets are pretty small and it may be more trouble than it's worth.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:35 PM, RemyPArcade said:

So I am having this problem where i would download a set of roms it wouldn't read the roms because the name is different. Example is trying to run "Super Mario 64 (USA)" but couldnt find the game because the file name is "Super Mario (U)" is there any way that hyperspin or rocketlauncher can read (U) and (USA) as the same?

Or create a new database from your romset using HyperROM2XML if you can't be bothered to rename them.

2 hours ago, Creezz67 said:

Or create a new database from your romset using HyperROM2XML if you can't be bothered to rename them.

But then you have to rename all the artwork which is 5 times as much work as renaming 1 Rom set.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:06 AM, Creezz67 said:

That's what Emumovies sync is for ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DrSoupants
      Dear Hyperspin
      I am having trouble renaming my MAME4droid (139.ui) rom files. There is more than one mxl file in the MAME directory and Don's Tools won't recognise any of the files in the 'roms' directory. What is the best way to rename these roms so they are compatible with Hyperspin? I am using the Nvidia Shield but I believe this to be irrelevant as this issue exists across all Hyperspin platforms. 
      Many thanks for your help in advance.
      Soup Pants

• By Maligno555
      Hola amigos, les relato mi problema.
      Todo estaba perfecto, tenia mi setup de mame funcionando en Hyperspin
      hasta que comenzó a ocurrir como pueden ver he jugado bastante este titulo. luego del fade me salio este error, presiono escape y me doy cuenta de que el juego inicia pero quedo detrás del fade y no en fullscreen, cierro la ventana de mame regreso a Hyperspin trato de iniciar el juego otra vez y funciona. me di cuenta de que ocurre cada vez que abro un juego por primera vez (desde que enciendo la computadora). esto no pasaba antes, hice la prueba de quitar el fade y ocurre igual, siempre funciona a la segunda oportunidad. alguna idea?

• By robdfar
      My build is coming together but i have a few hand ups . 
      1. I am downloading video themes for the games for my systems . but where do they go once i get them?
      3. I want to make a wheel for just capcom games or fighting games what is the best way to do this . 

thanks for any help. 

• By Foozo
      Hello i have ran into a issue while trying to set up an Atari 7800 Emulator with hyperspin. I am using the emulator "ProSystem", I have everything up and running in RocketLauncher UI. All 58/59 roms found and run like a dream.When i try to launch it through HyperLaunch i recieve the following error in my HyperLaunch Log.
      "
      11:04:37 PM |  HyperLaunch v2.25c 11:04:37 PM |  System Specs:         HyperSpin Dir: C:\Hyperspin         OS: WIN_7         OS Language: 0409         OS Admin Status: No         Monitor #1 (\\.\DISPLAY1): 1920x1080 (1920x1040 work)         HyperSpin Res: 1936x1056         AHK Version: 1.1.07.03 11:15:43 PM |  HyperLaunch launched directly 11:15:57 PM |  HyperLaunch received "Atari 7800" and "Centipede (USA)" 11:15:57 PM |  INI Keys read 11:15:57 PM |  Checking paths 11:15:58 PM |  Cannot find Rom - C:\Hyperspin\Roms\Atari 7800\Centipede (USA) with any provided extension
       I have checked my rom extensions in HyperHQ and they are as follow "7z|zip|a78". I have gone in to the .ini for this system and made sure the rom paths are correct, wich they are.
      If i run hyperspin and go to my "Atari 7800" Console it cant seem to find any of my roms so it wont load my wheel (yes i know its on "Rom Only" im just mentioning hyperspin cant find the roms either), I have made sure i have the right XML in the database, folder named exactly as the console name "Atari 7800". I have checked all of this fourm and a couple others and couldn't find a solution for this unique problem. If anyone out there could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
    • By jokerz4fun
      Hey guys,

I'm running into a small issue with Hyperspin not loading my MAME ROM's. I have read other people having the same issue and I have followed what people have suggested EXCEPT using the renaming tool to remove the file extension on the rom's. I wasn't sure if I should still do that with seeing that the forum date was over a year ago. Also the two videos I watched from from game room solutions and Simply Austin doesn't mention doing that. I have also included a few snapshots of my .ini files just in case I screwed something up. The rom's also work in RocketLauncher with no issue.  Let me know what it could possibly be and thanks guys for the help.