Jump to content
HyperSync, HyperList and FTP are now back online ×
dmanc30

Windows Update breaks Hyperspin

Recommended Posts

Hello;

I need a little help. I had updated Windows 10 pro to the latest update and it broke my Hyperspin. I did a little research and found out that I can undo the update and go back to the previous version of Windows(before the major update which is Windows 10 Pro  Version 1903) which i did and now my Hyperspin is working now again. Has anybody else came across this issue? How do you resolve it? Thanks!

Damon C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the fix, go to your HS directory and Shift + Delete it.

HS has been broken for years and the devs have done nothing about it. The only "fix" is to download a Win system dll from a random person on the net.

Choose a different frontend, HS is dead and will not be updated. Not only will the new frontend work without compromising your OS but you won't have to deal with the mile long list of problems and things HS can't do.

  • Super Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, agent47 said:

Here's the fix, go to your HS directory and Shift + Delete it.

HS has been broken for years and the devs have done nothing about it. The only "fix" is to download a Win system dll from a random person on the net.

Choose a different frontend, HS is dead and will not be updated. Not only will the new frontend work without compromising your OS but you won't have to deal with the mile long list of problems and things HS can't do.

As you are a hater of Hyperspin, we will ignore what you have to say about it.

It's a simple dll fix that you drop into the folder with your Hyperspin.exe (hardly a major chore is it)

Maybe stick to RocketLauncher/Launchbox instead of bitching about Hyperspin all the time.

If you don't like it, stop coming back to these forums.

I use it and it works flawlessly on latest windows update or previous versions.

  • Super Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks;

After I posted this, I did find a forum that suggested that trick with the .dll; I then undated the computer and Hyperspin worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Damon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, agent47 said:

Here's the fix, go to your HS directory and Shift + Delete it.

HS has been broken for years and the devs have done nothing about it. The only "fix" is to download a Win system dll from a random person on the net.

Choose a different frontend, HS is dead and will not be updated. Not only will the new frontend work without compromising your OS but you won't have to deal with the mile long list of problems and things HS can't do.

Same bullshit applies to Rocketlauncher, another abandonware... are you still promising updated modules? hehehe all bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robertenglund said:

Same bullshit applies to Rocketlauncher, another abandonware... are you still promising updated modules? hehehe all bullshit.

Yup, difference being I have posted plenty of updates over the years. Plus RL modules are open so anyone can work on it, unlike HS.

Thanks for creating an alt/new account just to respond tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leeloo69 said:

LaunchBox all the way! Hyperspin has been dead for a long time.

Yeah Launchbox is great ..... If you like waiting 2 hours for it to load up !! 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robertenglund said:

Same bullshit applies to Rocketlauncher, another abandonware... are you still promising updated modules? hehehe all bullshit.

You obviously don't know how to use RocketLauncher as without it, Hyperspin would be useless.

Any module updates are on the forums somewhere and they keep all major systems functioning well, to this day.

Although I slated @Agent47 regarding his comments about Hyperspin, his work on the RL forums is excellent and he has kept it going for years almost single handed (IMO)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Creezz67 said:

You obviously don't know how to use RocketLauncher as without it, Hyperspin would be useless.

Any module updates are on the forums somewhere and they keep all major systems functioning well, to this day.

Although I slated @Agent47 regarding his comments about Hyperspin, his work on the RL forums is excellent and he has kept it going for years almost single handed (IMO)

Yup, I know it well from several years ago, just doesnt understand why Agent47 came here to say shit about HyperSpin (an abandonware soft), when the same applies to Rocketlauncher, just another abandonware with a guy in a forum that tries to answer everybody as he can, and talks about a lot of modules updated that he is going to release (vaporware) but the original authors just drop the soft as HyperSpin. 

Dont get why he bother to talk shit like that here. Try to do the same in the rocketlauncher forum to see what he answer about an actitude like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Same bullshit applies to Rocketlauncher, another abandonware... are you still promising updated modules? hehehe all bullshit.


You don’t know what you’re talking about!

RocketLauncher has really great support and all module “problems” after an emulator update are solved very fast by Agent47.


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...