Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Announcement

Sorry for the recent downtime. Still much to do but we have the site updated, secure and back online.  Expect more changes.

HyperSpin Wont Run

matityjm13

After following tutorials, I have hyperspin 1.5.1 and update installed. I have Rocketlauncher and rocketlauncher media installed and have followed the installation tutorials. However, When I click on Hyperspin, does not run. Ideas??

I had either the same or a similar issue.  I double clicked HyperSpin.exe and I could see the background process (HyperSpin (32 bit)) running in the Task Manager's Processes tab, but no window would ever come up.

I had placed sxs.dll in my root directory as recommended here: https://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/42440-hyperspin-not-loading/

When right clicking HyperSpin.exe and going to Properties, I had checked "Run this program as an administrator" in the compatibility tab.

I had turned off Windows Defender *in the control panel*, and added an exception for HyperSpin.exe anyway even though that shouldn't matter with Defender turned off.

controlPanel.thumb.PNG.959b30a353d3f115fd8ce8a6577c7064.PNG

So I still had the issue with all of that done and I decided to double check myself.  I used the Windows search blank next to the start button to open Windows Defender settings again expecting to be take to the Control Panel again, but instead it offered a different window.  This time it launched the Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security window.  It said Defender was turned on, so I turned it off here as well.  After that, it FINALLY WORKED!  I just double clicked HyperSpin.exe and the program launched in full screen.

otherWindow.thumb.PNG.c8bbc3a6afe2c4a593df93208bfec648.PNG

So if there are any steps I did here that you have not done, please give them a try!  Good luck. :)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Oh, I used HyperSpin when I played retro games in the past. For now, I'm not a big fan of them, but I don't delete it because I have a mood for these games sometimes. Right now, my fav game is csgo, and I don't think that it'll ever change because there are so many great weapons like awp man o war, and I believe that no game can provide the same experience.