Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Announcement

    Sorry for the recent downtime. Still much to do but we have the site updated, secure and back online.  Expect more changes.

Hyperspin Attraction - Welcome to the Man-cade!


pacifikballa
 Share

Recommended Posts

Big, bright, colorful, loud, and in your face.  I don't own an arcade cabinet, but I dedicated an entire wall to my retro arcade setup.  2x 43" monitors (sides), 1x 65" monitor (center) and a Samsung SH37F stretched 37" on top (doubles are my arcade marquee and live sports ticker).

 

I will post up pics of entire build at a later date, but for now, enjoy!

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Super Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, dark13 said:

Very cool, how do you do that? A single desktop divided on 4 screen?

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah...I use the Window (No Border) setup in Hyperspin Attraction to blow everything up across all four monitors, then adjust the assets (art work) to the proper coordinates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious, how you did the thing? Cinematic theme with a full screen mp4? I noticed that HS tends to crash badly when you use a big SWF or a little SWF with too many frames of animation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, dark13 said:

Just curious, how you did the thing? Cinematic theme with a full screen mp4? I noticed that HS tends to crash badly when you use a big SWF or a little SWF with too many frames of animation

Hyperspin Attraction (essentially a fork of Attract Mode) allows the use of way more different media types (.jpg, .png, .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) and is also flash free.  And HA has the capabilities of doing what I did, which is take a custom .mp4 (the PS2 controller background video, laser rectangle/circle/triangle, PS2 logo) and layer the cart art, box art, wheel logo, and snap over it.  It is way more snappy than Hyperspin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pacifikballa said:

Hyperspin Attraction (essentially a fork of Attract Mode) allows the use of way more different media types (.jpg, .png, .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) and is also flash free.  And HA has the capabilities of doing what I did, which is take a custom .mp4 (the PS2 controller background video, laser rectangle/circle/triangle, PS2 logo) and layer the cart art, box art, wheel logo, and snap over it.  It is way more snappy than Hyperspin.

Well,  flash is a good and a bad thing. Bad because it is bugged as hell and tends to steal cpu power when emulators are running, good because you can run code inside the swf. In my themes I use as3 to load an external xml into the thing to show game's info (text or images), aeon nox has even weather forecast 😛

Anyway it seems that is possible to make cool thing with attract mode, I need to check it out.

 

HS seems can run a video and 2 1024x768 swf check it out, the background is a swf loading another swf as embedding a swf as background into the theme won't loop it.

Do those mp4 have alpha channel? What software are you using to make the videos?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dark13 said:

Well,  flash is a good and a bad thing. Bad because it is bugged as hell and tends to steal cpu power when emulators are running, good because you can run code inside the swf. In my themes I use as3 to load an external xml into the thing to show game's info (text or images), aeon nox has even weather forecast 😛

Anyway it seems that is possible to make cool thing with attract mode, I need to check it out.

 

HS seems can run a video and 2 1024x768 swf check it out, the background is a swf loading another swf as embedding a swf as background into the theme won't loop it.

Do those mp4 have alpha channel? What software are you using to make the videos?

 

 

I primarily use Filmora X to make anything that doesn’t require an alpha.  But if I want to start layering other videos, alpha is required so I use Adobe Premiere Pro. 
 

HA is super fluid when moving across the wheel or main menu.  You will find it hard to come back to HS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tribe Fan said:

I would challenge anyone to argue that this is not the greatest retro gaming setup of all time.

Thank you bro.  That really means a lot to me.  I just hope that I’ve influenced at least one person in the retro gaming community🍻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...